Polite & Friendly's

in

EVGA RMA replacement for 780ti kingpin

Should I be happy with what I am getting, or ask for a replacement with the same memory bandwidth?

Total Votes : 3

CR1M3Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:05 pm

My 780ti kingpin broke so I sent it in for RMA. EVGA is sending me back a 980 kingpin which has less memory bandwidth.  I feel cheated.  The 780ti kingpin was a flagship 780ti. Imo I should be getting a 980ti kingpin. Am I being unreasonable?  Should I ask for a replacement with the same memory bandwidth, or just leave it be?
Quote Post

mr-tThu Dec 10, 2015 7:18 pm

i'm not voting, but i would say go look at some performance comparisons of what you had to what their giving you.
Quote Post

tetThu Dec 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Definitely fight for what you paid for.

I haven't had to rma many video cards but back when I was mining crypto currencies I had to send back a few Gigabyte cards that blew.  I had zero problems with their RMA and replacement policies.
Quote Post

TazmanThu Dec 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Tough one...either way...if the 980 out performs what you had with the 780ti, I am not sure how much complaining could be done (i.e. you paid for a 780, but got a 980 as replacement...upgrade!!!).  BUT...if the 780ti is no longer available, they should replace it with a like model.  Meaning Graphics output and Memory...

Taz
Quote Post

tetFri Dec 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Obviously I can't read.  I have an MSI 980 that I am perfectly happy with.  Still, fight for the Ti if you can.
Quote Post

Firecrackr1Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Tet has a good point, if 980 out performs the 780 ( and it should) not much to complain about. Also consider the price difference.
Quote Post

Forums ©