What To Do About Runners
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> CoD: Black Ops

#1: What To Do About Runners Author: Nam-RangerLocation: GEORIGA, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:51 pm
    —
Run and Gun types are ruining the crouch servers. There are just plain and simple to many warnings. The only way to get control and stay in control, is
WERE THEY CLICK TO JOIN THE SERVER ADD CROUCH SERVER, RUN AND YOU WILL BE KICKED NO WARNING!  Those players know the crouch rule, yet they come in day after day and get warnings NOT to RUN. I know the BK admins are tired of the same o day in and day out. Our society is in the shape it's in because people are taught "THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS". So BK make the runners responsible of their actions.

PS: Yawl know I'm no good, but I do enjoy the crouch servers. Gett'en killed by a run and gun time really ticks me off.

'

#2: Re: What To Do About Runners Author: Immolation PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:16 pm
    —
We give two warnings before a kick. That's the polite and friendly way and I think it works quite well.

#3: Re: What To Do About Runners Author: APOSTLELocation: Robins Air Force Base Georgia PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:33 am
    —
Frustrations aside, the current way of doing things is tried and true.  After a period of time, things will get better Nam.  Stay with it and endure - life will get better!  Admins, we love ya and you are doing a great job in the face of overwhelming rule breakers.

#4: Re: What To Do About Runners Author: MrHome PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am
    —
I will try to help admining a little more starting next week. My PC is dying and will not play the BOps and barely play WAW any more. Rcon works on my wife's laptop so I can help admining.

#5: Re: What To Do About Runners Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:23 am
    —
my advice: shoot them!  The interesting thing about run and gunners on a crouch server is that if they come in one at a time, they are very easy to take down. As an admin, I find myself killing them and THEN giving them a warning Razz

#6: Re: What To Do About Runners Author: 13LegionLocation: Dyer,Indiana PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:34 am
    —
Ya Braxis!! Not to polite and friendly but I think they will get your "point"!! I'd personally like to see em get knee capped and forced to go prone the whole game!!! That will show em. Cool

#7: Re: What To Do About Runners Author: UchiMataLocation: Northampton, UK PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:28 am
    —
I hope you are only shooting enemy runners as intentional TKs aren't allowed!

Very tempting I know, but it could go two ways, i) TK, apologise and warn, and hope they adopt the rules; or ii) they will 'revenge TK', disrupt the server and perhaps earn a kick/ban.

The second option will probably get rid of most run and gunners, but is against the spirit of the clan.

#8: Re: What To Do About Runners Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:13 pm
    —
Obviously don't TK, it just adds to chaos of the servers.

And the way I see it, why should I pass up a free kill and warn them, when they will have a few seconds to see my warning with no distractions if I do shoot them.  Razz

#9: Re: What To Do About Runners Author: UchiMataLocation: Northampton, UK PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:36 pm
    —
It seems obvious to me that run and gunners don't read the warnings even whilst waiting to respawn. And those that do want to argue.

Personally I'd like to be able to to add a 'lead-boots' perk to offenders.

Bad Karma -> CoD: Black Ops

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1