Rent a server program
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous123Next  :| |:
Bad Karma -> General

#16: Re: Rent a server program Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:54 pm
    —
Yep...I have put my potential purchase on hold.  I am reading too many things of BF1 being mainly for consoles and everyone is afraid that the PC version will go the way of Hardline and Battlefront.  A bunch of stories on the BF1 forums in the General section of players revoking their purchase...clans posting that only onesies and twosies are purchasing the game within the clan, but no clans are supporting or are able to support it whole-heartedly.

It's discouraging at the moment, as I really enjoyed playing the Beta, but just waffling, as I know I can't just jump into a BK server with BK values...

Taz

#17: Re: Rent a server program Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:48 pm
    —
It's going to be one of those things were we just wait and see how the servers are handled. The PC is a big chunk of money they would lose game wise. I could see them adding at least admin later to servers just from all the complaints.  Just them locking forums about the servers is a really good indication not many will buy the game cause they won't even listen to the PC communities. I'm more then likely going to get the game but probably later after launch to see how everything works out.

#18: Re: Rent a server program Author: BlueTravelerLocation: Myersville, MD PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:11 am
    —
Glad I did not pre-order.

#19: Re: Rent a server program Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:20 pm
    —
EA wants to make money renting out servers, what happens if not enough clans rent servers and just play on the free ones? They won't make as much money as anticipated. This MAY force them to allow PROCON on rented servers.
Let's hope!

#20: Re: Rent a server program Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:26 pm
    —

Firecrackr1 wrote (View Post):

EA wants to make money renting out servers, what happens if not enough clans rent servers and just play on the free ones? They won't make as much money as anticipated. This MAY force them to allow PROCON on rented servers.
Let's hope!
Yup, we'll see

#21: Re: Rent a server program Author: spacepiggio PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:11 am
    —
We should have already been doing this but we should have taking the lead reaching out to other clans to boycott & cancel our purchases at the same time. Now that would have sent a message.

#22: Re: Rent a server program Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:01 pm
    —
Well I heard from some sources of mine with in dice that indeed we will be able to kick and ban when server's are available or shortly after. So 3 weeks I think is a good time to get our server with admin rights.

#23: Re: Rent a server program Author: target PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:31 pm
    —
If its true we should get our server...I will have to pick up the game...

#24: Re: Rent a server program Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:47 pm
    —
Agreed Johnny...been hearing the same things. Most server rights should be available for admins. I have also heard that customization may not be the same or the server becomes unranked. BUT...if we can get a BK server and do what we currently can (for the most part), the we should jump in when they become available!!!

Taz

#25: Re: Rent a server program Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:08 am
    —
That sounds promising.

#26: Re: Rent a server program Author: spacepiggio PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:05 pm
    —
Unranked = Unplayable

#27: Re: Rent a server program Author: HighlyFictionalLocation: San Antonio, TX PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:05 pm
    —
Finally an official word from EA on the pricing. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266290/#Comment_266290

How much will it cost?

PC

1 day: $2.99
   7 days: $11.99
   30 days: $42.99
   90 days: $99.99
   180 days: $149.99

Not sure if thats expensive or not but we finally have an official EA price.

#28: Re: Rent a server program Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:41 pm
    —
Yes indeed we will be getting one. Once there available you can bet I'll be all over it and set it up for BK. The only thing that worries me is badkon. I will work my hardest to get that working with AGS. Also there server costs are awesome!

#29: Re: Rent a server program Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:58 pm
    —
Ill support the game

#30: Re: Rent a server program Author: Natb1Location: Fairview Heights IL PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 pm
    —
ill support it if we have a server for it

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous123Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3