Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Keyboard

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:33 am
Yes, I have asked and asked about this several times. But you have my word this will be the last. I'm thinking on getting the "Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard". Dose it matter what year product that I buy?? Or do you all have some other ideas and Suggestions on a keyboard. *Note. I will not spend over 150.00 for a keyboard let alone a keyboard I just found on ebay where the price was 530.00....

Thank You.

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:48 am
I've had my g15 for I don't know how long. Still does the job for me.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:12 am
So the G510 is post G15. Correct?? I found a new G510 on ebay New for 65.00 dollars. So I'm assuming that price is quite good. Yes??

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:37 am
65 for a g510 is good deal if it goes more then 70 or 80 its bad deal but i gues as far as keybords go it depends on what you whant it to do me i dont need it to show ts or anything so i went and get a cheap 40 dollar one that lights up and i have not had any issues with it but if your looking for one that has the screen that can show ts or other things on it they run anywhere from 60 - 300 if you see any that cost more your really dont need it

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:00 am
I don't need it for "Show" as well. All I know is that I have gone through 3 to 4 Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740 because the keys start to fade away very quickly so that when I type, I'm unable to recognize the keys that I'm using. I just want a very strong keyboard where I never need to run into those issues again...

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:14 am
Hey Franklin,
I do recognize the problem with fading key symbols. Gone through a few keyboards myself for that reason.
I know it might be a bit pricey but I am now using a CORSAIR Vengeance with Cherry MX Red switches. Supposedly the softer and more quiet swithches.
It's fully mechanical and with a great quality feel. Aluminum chassis, USB-port, great backlighting with adjustable colors.
I have the K70 which doesn't have the extra set of programmable keys on the left but I think the K95 have those.
Had mine for about a year now and there is not even a hint of wear on the key surfaces.

So, good luck with your new keyboard, whichever one you decide to go with.

// Viking

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:48 am
Yep, your K95 is very nice. But 170.00 is a bit high. I also looked at the K90 and the K70. Seems to me that the K70 is Much better built than the K90. Tell you what. If you still have the K70 and your not using it. Maybe I can buy that from you while I save up for the K95....Sounds good???

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:42 pm
After many years of Logitech I switched to Roccat for both my mouse and keyboard and have not looked back.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:16 pm
Personally i use a steel series shift but i have been looking around online for new keyboards and i can recommend you a few good ones based on your budget. Corsair is great brand for keyboards even if you get their lower end membrane ones. I don't know if you care about mechanical but i can recommend the "Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z" $80 I have a couple friends who own the Poseidon and its a good price for a keyboard http://www.amazon.com/Tt-eSPORTS-Poseidon-Illuminated-KB-PIZ-KLBLUS-01/dp/B00HZE2PJS  . Though if you really want to get the best bang for your buck and never have to buy a keyboard again i recommend the "Max Keyboard Nighthawk" $130 http://www.amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Nighthawk-X7-Backlit-Mechanical/dp/B00G9HROV6 It's a good price for a keyboard without being an insane $200 however it only has a 1 year warranty. If you want to go the cheaper route i have a few options that are pretty decent for the price under $70. http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-64145-Apex-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00DQ5RGOY http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Apex-RAW-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00BHSTXV6 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038X3ZVM http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Keyboard-Raptor-K30/dp/B00F0DCH9Y http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G105-Gaming-Keyboard-Backlighting/dp/B00BBUCCKO  .

Since you live in LA which is a major city I'm sure there is a few dozen computer shops near you that can let you test them out. I have a friend who lives there who got his Poseidon Z from on of those shops and they let him test out a bunch of keyboards. If you can try locally so you can make sure you're getting what you want but if you want it shipped to you the keyboards i linked are pretty great. I wouldn't recommend razer products a lot of them rely on their software more than i think is necessary some wont even work without the software installed. i prefer keyboards that work plug and play personally.  

I also wouldn't recommend Logitech mechanical keyboard they have many complaints on the 710 series with keys breaking even though they have great product support cheap parts are still cheap their lower end keyboards are alright they have too many features for me like macros and such i feel will go unused by most people here. The Poseidon Z has a 5 year warranty if you buy new from amazon if you're worried about the high prices if it breaks it gets fixed/replaced for free just have to pay shipping costs though. The ones i listed here are normal keyboards meaning they don't cut out the numpad or are really space wasters. The cheap links have a couple space wasters i have heard good things about roccat however their keyboards are HUGE and get in the way if you have limited desk space but so do the apex keyboards.

If you're going to pay $80+ for a keyboard get the Poseidon Z new or the max keyboard if not $80+ then the cheap keyboards i linked are in my personal opinion best for the buck.

"I have landed safely, I have not received my papers, I have zero natural enemies. I don't know my location. I have no training in reconnaissance, combat or colluding
I'm calling for my orders, over" (STRAP ON A HELMET AND START SHOOTING!)

"I was standing at attention with a pocket full of weapons And the will to walk a mile in the same fatigues that I slept in. I have yet to find a day in life worthy of my saluting

HiFi - *BK*
Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:57 pm
Thank you all for the recommendations. I truculently have the roccat kave headset that's true 5.1. Happy that I found it. I was also looking at thr roccat key board and mouse, but there pricy.  After seeing the K95 & K70 I was sold. Plus most of the gear I buy is off of ebay, or if someone happens to be selling a device or component. I think I'll wait around here to see if "Viking" will take up my offer. If not, I'm headed back to ebay or do more home work where I can find the two some place else....

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:23 pm
Well Franklin,
Unfortunately I'm using the K70 all the time. Only working keyboard I have and it's too good to let go.
Also, shipping it from Europe would probably add a few dollars.
There are used K70:s on ebay if you're ok with a used one.

So, sorry Franklin but I'm hangin' on to this one for a while...   :(

I'm sure you will find a good one at a reasonable price.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:58 pm
Oh, I thought you were using the K95...My bad. Yep I have been looking all over ebay for the K70, but there all still pricy. I think the lowest "Used" one that is in Good to Great condition starts around 80.00 dollars, and then goes way up from there. I'll keep on looking and hopefully I'll catch a good one...Thanks Again.... Smile

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:19 am
WOW...Was I way off in price. The lowest K70 I found is 140.00. Guess I'll just wear down ALL my keys until I'm unable to read them at all.........

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:30 am
I still gave great alternatives franklin i would like to help you find something similar to what you want if you just give me some basic information. If you looked around the links i gave i'm sure you'd find something to your liking.

"I have landed safely, I have not received my papers, I have zero natural enemies. I don't know my location. I have no training in reconnaissance, combat or colluding

"I was standing at attention with a pocket full of weapons And the will to walk a mile in the same fatigues that I slept in. I have yet to find a day in life worthy of my saluting

HiFi - *BK*
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:29 am
HF..You are quite correct...I think I'm going to go with the "SteelSeries Apex RAW Gaming Keyboard". Great Price, and very good functionality.......Thank you for doing that research on keyboards for me...