Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Dare I say it ! lol

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:45 am
How about a DayZ Standalone Server !

Its incredibly popular with Active BK Rank and File members and we have a large and regular BK player base (rank and file members) in multiple time zones.

Public servers are cheaper than Private servers but admining is automated - a Private server is the way to go and fully adminable.

While my previous offer still stands - (I am willing to cover the first months server cost and donate regularly to its running costs.) I have another option as well -

Gaming Communities and Clans that are supporting the popular games there rank and file members play are utilizing the "Pay to Play" Subscription Only Option to trial these games !
where players subscribe to the server @ $5 per month.  As these type of servers are Private ( Fully Admined ) Non member players are subscribing to them in large numbers keeping them full - Providing Recruitment opportunities  for the clan (we all play more than 1 game) and earning more money than the server costs !

Example of a Subscription Only 50 slot Server I am involved in  -

Server Cost Per Month = $120
Subscriber Cost Per Month =  $5  
Current Subscribers = 100
Total Server Income per Month = $500
Balance = $380 Per Month

Rent of 2 additional servers (ARK and CS/GO = $240 Per Month
Balance = $140

Take a look - This is DayZ

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:24 am
The problem with this is not everybody can donate so this would leave them out in the cold and severely dwindle our membership. We also would have to restructure our rules and I for one I'm not going to make someone pay to play. Remember we run on donations and doing it this way it allows members do others things for BK if they can't donate at a certain time.  Sorry but... confucius say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:32 am
Good point - was only an option. Like I said - I'm willing to cover the first months server costs to get it going.

We trial it for a month ( I pay for that month) and If it doesn't out rank (server traffic) at least one other  supported BK game We drop it and I never mention it again.  !

But if it does - We keep it

Do we have deal ?  Very Happy

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:40 am
Day-Z servers are way to expensive expecially for a alpha game. The most severs that seem to work for BK are three at the most. BK already supports two games that have zombies in it so why would we want another lol. I don't see enough members playing it to even consider the thought nor would it fit us as a FPS game.

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:05 pm
No Zoms in DayZ since the .058 update Sir and a little creepy as to how you can see us all playing it !  lol  E92si is in serious trouble there hahahahaha

Seriously though Sir,
I respect your decision not to accept my offer to pay for a 1 month server trial to let DayZ rate against our supported servers.

I will endeavor to support BK's  4  servers. Especially our  2  Hardline Servers and I call on BK's Rank and File members to get on board the
Battlefield Train  !  As its the 3rd game in the series BK has supported in my 2 years here we just gotta make this one stick !

For those thinking about buying DayZ, be quick, the price is going up ( I paid $20 - Its now $30)
and when it comes out of Alpha you can bet that will double.

For those in a position to run Hardline - the price is dropping - Its now under $80 for premium
So if you buy through G2A link on forum you save some hard earned cash and the Clan gets a little comish too - Win Win

G2A Hardline Premium Global key

See you on the Block  Hardliners and at NWAF my DayZ Brothers  !

"Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won,
whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory"

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:39 pm
That's a GREAT plug both ways Karma...you are an AWESOME member!!!

Taz

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:26 am
I'd give it a go if Karma included the cost of my game in the first months rent lol

It's all his fault
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:21 pm
Well thought through Karma. I have my new PC and a copy of hardline. Problem is I'm running Access 2003 on my old pc and need to convert to Access 2016 for my business' data base program.  Dilemma is I have a security file that won't let me convert. My programmer has retired and unavailable for at least a week to help me. So until then, I'm still using old pc with xp. Hope to be in hardline soon though