Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

See if Any of You Have a Clue

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:22 pm
So I tried to pre-load BF5, as soon as I start I am able to download maybe a couple 100MB then my ethernet will stop working and it takes me offline in Origin as well as anything else. There is nothing wrong with my router or cable modem; it appears the download is doing something to my internet settings and causing errors the prevent my computer ethernet adapter from functioning.

At times once I shut down origin it will come back up but others I have to reboot and everything is fine. I am having no other issues with connections until I start origin and begin the download. Looking a event viewer, it is saying something along the lines of the DNS stopping and not allowed on this computer (the connection with origin and the download). I have not other issues with origin, was able to go into BF1 and open packs the same day.

I have followed some of the suggestions from EA which involved deleting certain folders in origin and reattempting. No joy same issue. I am not going some of their stupid suggestions which involve creating another admin account (that is not it) or reinstalling/repairing windows (not the issue either). Any suggestions?

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:54 pm
Have you checked for any driver up dates?  Download driver booster from iobit. Make sure you don't have 2 ethernet controllers. Mine does and I remember I had to shut one off for downloads to work. I just run the Intel one.
What antivirus software you running?
Also go to power manager and make sure windows can't shut it off.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:02 pm
Can you down load from other locations. Try deleting you Ethernet adapter from the device manager and reboot.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:17 am
As a follow up, Bitdefender evidently at some point updated and would not allow the download. I did find out I had several drivers out of date based on Johnny's suggestion. Thanks to Johnny and Karow for pointing out potential issues that finally lead to the solution.

So if any of you have issues downloading BF5 in the near future, I would look at your firewall/anti-virus/malware program.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:54 am
i had a really weard issue when i was playing a game it would reset my factory reset router/modem. after alot or network monitoring and checking atc i discovered that the game was send a "code" to the game server which just so happend to be the default factory reset for the router/modem. i never found a solution but the game was a alpha so hopefully it is cahnged by the full release

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk