Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

Last Update and Core servers

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 am
In a nutshell "Core" is not Hardcore. It is simply one game play with the prepatch TTK. There are no true Hardcore servers yet as the name implies. I've watched 4 or 5 youtube videos concerning the last patch and what Dice did was nerf everything except bolt-action sniper weapons, shotguns and semi-auto rifles. Those of us who like playing medic are SoL, those SMG's that we thought were under powered previously now take 1-2 more hits to kill unless you're a head shotting beast. This goes for all the weapons, instead of taking the time and spec'ing each weapon according to it's stats they threw a blanket on almost everything in the name of "bringing back the player base that has already left." The problem lies with those players not wanting to dedicate any time to learn the weapons and how to use them. Dice stated that they were implementing these changes, even though the vocal player base on their forums and social media sites did not want this change. IMO this is going to backfire greatly. With the original TTK a newer player could win some battles against a skilled player due to surprise or having a faster weapon. Now that new player has to land even more shots to win and the days of a person walking up on several players tacticfully and getting a nice kill streak is almost guaranteed gone. I couldn't get the forum to accept my links for some reason, so if you want source just search youtube for bf v updates.

Peace, one mad medic.

Light is faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until they speak.
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:37 pm
Dice's Official Response to Core

Light is faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until they speak.
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 pm
Core was not intended to mean hardcore. It means core players. If you liked the untweaked ttk  you can play on core servers. I did see a video from some you tuber saying dice said core servers is the first step to hardcore servers.

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:59 pm
Would love Hard Core speaking for the less talented amongst us the less bullets the better lol!

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:36 pm
All the server's are now back the way they were on launch day.
The next big update is in the beginning of January. From what I've read we should be able to rent and admin a server in hardcore:)

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:55 pm
Hello Battlefield Community,

We’ve committed to giving you an update this week around Battlefield V’s TTK (Time To Kill) adjustments, as seen in last Friday’s letter to the community. After rolling out those changes last week, we’ve listened to your feedback, reviewed our statistical data, and have made the decision to return to the original TTK values seen at launch.

Our intent with the TTK changes was to see if we could evolve the Battlefield V experience and make it more enjoyable for new players, whilst also making sure the Battlefield vets have a choice with a more “core” experience suiting their preferred play-style. Clearly we didn’t get it right. Veteran players didn’t ask for the change, but as game developers, we took it upon ourselves to make those changes based on extensive data and deliberation. It truthfully wasn’t an easy decision for us.

It’s important to acknowledge that we have a challenge bringing new players into Battlefield V and onboard them to become more experienced Battlefield players. It’s been a challenge across our games for a long time, as many will know, and becomes even more important for us to improve upon our post-launch experience with consistent updates to the game through the Tides of War. Our desire to service a game that caters to old and new players will continue. How we get it right isn’t easy, nor will it be quick, and we appreciate when the community comes together and helps us on this journey.

We have learned a lot over the past week. We’ve gained clarity on the issues you’ve shared with us around Time To Death (TTD), we’ve identified imbalances in weapons, and have recorded real-world data on how TTK changes our game and impactS our players. With that knowledge we have a better idea of how to improve the game going forward, and have already begun taking steps to improve the experience for all our players, new and veteran.

Starting tomorrow, December 18th at 4am PT / 7am ET / 1p CET, we will revert the TTK changes to their original launch states, we will remove the “Conquest Core” playlist, and we will not introduce any new “Core” playlists as mentioned in last week’s letter. This will be a server-side update and does not require a client download. We’ll continue to identify how we can improve the Battlefield V experience and will have more information for you around those changes starting in the new year.

Thank you for your feedback and patience. We’re excited to be on this journey with you.

- The Battlefield Team

At least i got my medic ranked up yesterday.

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:10 pm
Maybe just me but I see less people running around with pistols I hope it is because they adjusted them....