Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

Make like a baby and "head out."

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:52 pm
First of all, thank you members of BK for all of the good times.  I have been here for almost 10 years.  I love gaming with everyone and will continue to do so.  I am hanging up my tags for several reasons, but the most prevalent being lack of leadership participation both in the clan and games, and the ranking strategy (longtime members overlooked for promotions, members who are here almost every day supporting the clan), it's petty and ultimately I don't care about rank, but I fully believe that if you game here often, you should be at the top of leadership because of your commitment and availability, not because you gave the most $$$ or are in cahoots with upper management.  I also don't like how "stiff" it feels in here.  I am fully aware of "Polite and Friendly," and have done pretty well for 9+ years, but I am almost always joking around and trying to have a good time with everyone.  I am almost never serious in game and my personality is a very laid-back one who just wants a release from the everyday drudgery we ALL go through with work, family, etc.  Most of you know that we have an alternative TS channel, with no restrictions, and I encourage any of you to visit, pop in say hi, or game with us.  This is not a recruitment, just an invite.  Get ahold of me on Facebook, TS, or ask someone for information.  I have so much more to say, but I will end it with I love ALL you guys and gals, I appreciate the BK family, I appreciate your efforts Luke, and I'll try not to let the door hit me in the (edit) on the way out.  See ya, roster updated.

MajorCarnage

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:03 pm
Sad

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:24 pm
Really sorry to see you head out. I have enjoyed aging with you and hope to see you around again soon.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:33 pm
Its so easy to blame someone else but hey blame me i can take it.
Its funny you say there's so many issue's but not one of you that are leaving reached out to me. But I'm the problem. BK has always been about family comes first and just take a look in discord to see what I've been through.
In stead of supporting your GOA that is trying here all I've been getting is hate and I'm the problem. I really don't understand why everyone is leaving this way. So sad but we'll keep gaming on.
I truly will miss you Major....

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:42 pm
Johnny, I guess a huge part of it is that you refuse to relinquish control.  I'm very sorry about the deaths of your family (I've lost my mom, dad, and nephew), your back surgeries/fusions (I've got l4,5, l5 s1 fused, and a hip replacement...etc) and everything else life has thrown at you.  All I can say is, follow Luke's example...when life got busy, he focused his very valuable time he had on family and gave control to you because THAT is way more important than the clan.  My 2 cents.  Good luck to you and your family and remember, God never gives you more than you can handle.  Sometimes you just have to re-evaluate your stress and cut out those things that are troublesome.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Sounds good and good luck to yourself man. Also what was so important to change that you would leave over it.
Luke could of did what ever, I just asked him for major changes.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:30 pm
Major take care and it's been a real pleasure!!

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:07 pm
Hey Major C. I don't know what to say mate. I've been away a long time but still miss you and the guys.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:05 am
My biggest problem with coming back and trying to help get more activity in the clan is that every single time I have offered to help with something I was qualified and skilled at I've always been shot down immediately and hardly ever given any consideration by the officers.

I volunteered to help be a gatekeeper, but Cake refused to even consider me
I offered to help with the TS server, got shot down very quickly and doubt that anyone ever really took me seriously even though I am massively qualified to work on TS servers as I've done hundreds of them in my life and I am personally aware of several problems members have had with the server and it often took longer than it could have taken to fix them had I been allowed to help
I offered to help Crime/Mr T with the discord server, barely even got any response and was again shot down
I've offered to help out in an tech support role to help fix problems with technical issues, Mr T and the officers shot me down there again

And the worst part about all that is that I'm sure there are other things I was shot down from that I'm not even remembering

If a clan's officers continually shut others out from helping, it shouldn't be a surprise that lots of people in the group reach a breaking point and start to reconsider staying.

I'm not leaving cuz activity has never been a requirement for membership (though apparently one of the officers has deemed themselves in their authority to change this on his own, my inquiry on the subject in another thread has yet to be answered), but I understand why others are. I believe that there may come a game that the clan could rally around and get some more activity so I don't see any reason to leave yet. But it is noteworthy that so many have chosen to leave and it weighs on my mind.

Thanks for the memories Carnage, may not have always agreed with you on diff things but am glad to have you as a friend who can have a civil discussion on things.

It's all his fault