Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

Kicked!! Restriction: disallowed program/driver [123140] PB

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:56 pm
Below is a copy of my trouble ticket I sent to EA for constantly being kicked for the infamous "Disallowed driver":

02/06/2010 13:22:24 - "Adam D"  
Note #4: The latest Steam update changed its in-game overlay routine, which leads to this kick. We are currently working on adapting our checks for this. At this time you will need to disable the "Steam Community In-game" to play on PunkBuster enabled servers.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
02/05/2010 12:21:31 - "Hawkeye*BK*"
Note #3: I will Try the STEAM idea, as I don't use any of the others...however, I am an administrator for a gaming community, if I disable STEAM in game Chat, I cannot be notified by my fello teamates of problems and issues....are you going to have a fix to allow for STEAM to be running?
02/05/2010 11:37:36 - "Adam D"
Note #2: This kick is usually caused by one of the following progams running. Disabling them should stop the kick.

Ventrilo Chat Overlay
Team Speak Overlay
DxTweaker
ATI Tray Tools (depends on version)
Game Accelerator (uninstall, then reboot)
Mumble Overlay
EVGA Precision tool

In case you run Steam, please do the following:

* Open Steam
* Go to File-Settings
* Go to the tab in-game
* Uncheck the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" checkbox
* Press OK
* Restart Steam

If you do not have any of these programs running, open this ticket back up and state what you do have running, especially anything that might be similar to the above.
02/04/2010 16:51:16 - "Hawkeye*BK*"
Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.

I'm not sure if anyone wants to make this a "Sticky" not to be confused with "Stinky"...lol...or just leave it as a post...I will update it later if I get more information. However, I have closed STEAM and/or Shut down what he suggested in STEAM. Everything seems to be working fine....

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 pm
Hahaha.... same response I got from EvenBalance on Disallowed Driver 125134.

SFC.Bull
Echo Chalk Leader

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 pm
Hmm...Kinda makes you wonder????????

Welll, they're consistant then.....lol

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:42 am
I think most people can confirm it isn't just Steam causing the issues.  I had it happen this morning? i think and all I had running was cod, ts, xfire and riva tuner.  I am guessing it was xfire as I had it happen once before with the xfire overlay running.

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:48 am
Also, If I didn't mention it before, make sure you update Punk Buster, found Here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Click on "for all windows games" if you are running windows..or what ever you're running...

I must admit...I don't like Punk Buster....but that's just my opinion....lol

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:57 am
Xfire does it to me only when it's perfect conditions...end of map and a friend notice or something like that. When I play PBBans enabled servers I see people getting permanent bans for it. So much for favorite servers if they are streaming with PBBans. Most of those people will think they did something wrong and will never be un-banned.

Hawkeye wrote (View Post):

Also, If I didn't mention it before, make sure you update Punk Buster, found Here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Click on "for all windows games" if you are running windows..or what ever you're running...

I must admit...I don't like Punk Buster....but that's just my opinion....lol

Here's my location of PunkBuster update files C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\pb\PB_Update. I added the folder PB_Update to the pb folder and dropped the update exe into it. I launch the file from there and it finds and updates PB lickety split.

Deleted......
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 pm
Okay so my Games HDD died last week, which had Steam, and all my Steam games on it. So I reinstalled everything on another drive. Everything works.... EXCEPT:

I keep getting booted from W@W with Error 125140 - Restricted Program/Driver.

In-Game community is off both for W@W in particular, and Steam in general. No OSDs or overlays running -including Fraps, TS overlay, etc. I've also verifying game file, download the whole thing again, and ran pbsetup. PPBsetup shows current client version as v2.259 | A1409.

The only programs i have running are the same ones I had before my HDD died and it all worked just fine.. When i search the Steam forum for this error, the only fixes I find are the same for the aforementioned 123140 error.

I'm stumped. And annoyed. And perturbed.

Any ideas would be just lovely. Here's a snip of my running processes.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4708/progs.jpg

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:33 am
after re-installing every thing and turning the steam overlay/in-game community off did you restart you system, because even tho you turned it off the program is still running and thats what pb might be picking up

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:39 am
Ya, I restarted my machine, but still get booted after a minute or so.

EDIT: okay so I seem to have fingered it out. MSI Afterburner had updated itself and enabled an overlay thing that was never enabled before, and didn't actually show anything on my screen. I suppose it left itself attached to a service or something because I had already tried turning it off before running the game.. arg.

Well, problem solved. Maybe now I'll actually play a bit instead of babysit.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:33 am
I had the same problem and it was my firewall when i reinstalled it . I also opened my ports and maxed my key packets, hope this helps.

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm

CHUD wrote (View Post):

Ya, I restarted my machine, but still get booted after a minute or so.

EDIT: okay so I seem to have fingered it out. MSI Afterburner had updated itself and enabled an overlay thing that was never enabled before, and didn't actually show anything on my screen. I suppose it left itself attached to a service or something because I had already tried turning it off before running the game.. arg.

Well, problem solved. Maybe now I'll actually play a bit instead of babysit.

I was going to suggest that....I have it running as well, and it caused my issue a while back too...Now, I'm all set, Glad you are too!!