Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Shotgun Friday

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:10 pm
I will be hosting shotguns & knives during the day & knives & pistols in the evening friday the 22nd of june.

Rules close combat crouch shotguns, balistic knives, hatchets, claymores, all perks & killstreaks, no nades, old maps & all game modes.

Rules close combat crouch pistols, balistic knives, hatchets, claymores, pistol walking, all perks & killstreaks, no nades, old maps & all game modes.

Last edited by spacepiggio on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Times? I'll be there, assuming i get back to town by then.

So it looks like this will be a regular thing? If so, may as well post it on other Fridays on the calendar. Also, I'm hearing that Second Chance is not allowed, but it is not listed in the rules for todays' event.

I also slapped together some binds for the event, in stead of typing it out every minute:

bind [ "say \"^6****^3Shotgun Friday!! Please use only shotguns for Primary Weapon.^6****\""
bind ] "say \"^6****^3Shotguns, Edged Weapons, Tactital Grenades, C4 & Claymores Only!.^6****\""
bind \ "say \"^6****^3No Pistols, Explosive Grenades, Crossbows, or Second Chance.^6****\""

I'm liking it - it's a nice change of pace. I hope it becomes a regular thing, like the Tac days in W@W.

Spacepiggio - I can get these going if you are not available. On work days, I leave at 00:30 EST and get home at 09:45 EST, So I should be able to jump-start it on any day.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --

Last edited by Abram on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:34 am

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:40 am

Abram wrote (View Post):

I see your bmup, and raise you a shcool.

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:52 am
So what about C4? Personally, since they're short range and it takes a little while to detonate them, I feel they should be allowed.

What does everyone else think? I figure I should post events for Shotgun Friday on the Calendar, but I'd like input on C4 first.

And could we get the Shotgun Friday rules inserted into the scrolling messages? And although it's been held just about every week, we've only had the multiple games mods a couple times. People seem to like it, and I'd really like to get all this stuff nailed down and consistent.

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:29 pm
I really like Shotgun Fridays, but seems I spend most of my time typing warnings to non- BK members to change to  Shotguns.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 pm

TIPSTERHARLEY wrote (View Post):

I really like Shotgun Fridays, but seems I spend most of my time typing warnings to non- BK members to change to  Shotguns.

Use the binds in the second post, Tipster. But yes, it can get annoying - especially when we get a player for whatever reason, then return and keep doing it...

It still seems to be popular, so I created more Shotgun Friday events for September. Some of you may notice that i fudged and put the 26th of September for a start date. Of course, this is incorrect. It should be fixed, shortly.

Mea culpa.  Confused

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:22 am
i really enjoyed my first foray into the new Friday entertainment  Smile but i have to agree with tipster, constantly typing gets u killed!!  wot got me was the same people having to be told multiple times! i was guilty when i first joined the server tho....maybe i should read the website posts more often  lol
keep it going tho guys, was a riot!!   Surprised

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:21 pm
Thanks Abram, I have been using the binds and it helps.

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:59 pm
Thanks, sc0rpius  - Good to read some feedback from the outside.

We've been doing Shotgun Friday for.. uhh, 8 weeks now (thanks goes to Spacepiggio for starting it), and we have been having to hand out fewer warnings, overall. Unfortunately, we still gets the waves of schmucks. Many are willing to give it a try, though.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 am
i really enjoy shotgun fridays i look forward to it every friday. to bad we cant have shot gun weekends but at least we have one day for something different. who ever started this good job. to bad we have so many come into play and cant figure out that its shotguns only.when you log in and watch for 20 seconds and see and hear shotguns that should explain whats going on.i like it when you hear   " oh its shotguns"  anyways great game keep up the good work  guys.