MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Other Games

#1: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:29 am
    —
Remember the MechWarrior series? It's entirely possible that some readers looking at this article right now are too young to remember the heyday of wrestling with their joystick that looked like an alien penis while stomping around in a big lump of virtual bipedal metal, but believe us grizzled old veterans when we say that those games were great. Sure, we've had other giant robot games since then -- mostly from Japan, and mostly on consoles -- but none have quite matched up to the original mech sims.

The series is set to make a triumphant return in the second half of 2012 thanks to newly formed publisher Infinite Game Publishing (IGP) and developer Piranha Games, who have previously worked on the Need for Speed series, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen and Duke Nukem Forever. The series has passed through the hands of a number of publishers over the years, including Activision, Microprose and Microsoft, eventually ending up in the hands of Canadian newcomers IGP for this new title.

Read more here: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224475/mechwarrior-returning-as-free-to-play-pc-title/

GOA.Luke*BK*

#2: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: bpmcmanusLocation: Avondale, AZ PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:41 am
    —
Nice!  I wasted many an hour playing these games.  I even had the semi-RTS Mech Commander.

#3: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: TakerDeep2008 PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:54 am
    —
Oh man I cannot wait

#4: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: TheTruthLocation: Vancouver (cloverdale) bc Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:32 am
    —
Sweeet .. loved those games .. no other giant robot game ever came close to the Mechwarrior series .. cant wait to play those.

#5: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: Deadly_JoeLocation: IN, US PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:16 pm
    —
sweet!! still remember my fits from mechwarrior 2/3

#6: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: Moosehead PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:44 pm
    —
I think I still have the disc for that game lying around somewhere.

#7: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: Les73gtxLocation: Maine, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 pm
    —
I played the series and enjoyed them ... I really liked the last one I think the most.

#8: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: RadBaronLocation: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada eh? PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 pm
    —
Thread resurrection!!

MW:Online is in closed beta at the moment, but they have lifted the NDA. Playing as RadBaron (of course). Just doing the free To Play route, just went from a Commando to a Hunchback. You can buy mechs of your own when you have enough c-bills accumulated. You get these by using the 4 basic mechs (Jenner/Commando, Hunchback, Catapult and Atlas), which don't pay as well as the owner-operated ones.

#9: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:51 pm
    —
Native triple  monitor support. d_ Smile _b

[Watch On YouTube]

#10: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: bpmcmanusLocation: Avondale, AZ PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 am
    —
Looks pretty sharp!

#11: Re: MechWarrior Returning as Free to Play PC Title Author: BigDawgLocation: Hadley,Ma PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 pm
    —

RadBaron wrote (View Post):

Thread resurrection!!

MW:Online is in closed beta at the moment, but they have lifted the NDA. Playing as RadBaron (of course). Just doing the free To Play route, just went from a Commando to a Hunchback. You can buy mechs of your own when you have enough c-bills accumulated. You get these by using the 4 basic mechs (Jenner/Commando, Hunchback, Catapult and Atlas), which don't pay as well as the owner-operated ones.

LOL Rad , Bear and I have been playing awhile on the Beta.Now that we can talk about it is funny to find out. I go by BigDawgBK , I have a Gauss cat and a hunchback lazer boat. Since the last patch which took my speed away I used to be able to keep up with the scouts at a dead run.

Bad Karma -> Other Games

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1