Help Request: Unable to Join Multiplayer Games
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Other Games

#1: Help Request: Unable to Join Multiplayer Games Author: SaundersLocation: Suwanee, GA PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 am
    —
It was intermittent now it seems I can't join a multiplayer game at all.
When I select one of our servers, or any other with an open slot, I highlight the server and then click "Join Server". In the lower left of the browser window I see it attempting to join server. After a short period, it must give up as the flashing "joining server" drops off and I am still in the browser window. I try it multiple times to no avail. It has worked for me when I closed and re-launched Origin. But, today that is not working either. I've rebooted my machine too.

I did see the post about opening up the ports but I am very reluctant to do this as I don't want to expose this machine to the outside world.

i've added a snapshot.

Anyone else having this issue?

#2: Re: Help Request: Unable to Join Multiplayer Games Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:03 am
    —
I havent had that issue but there are several that have had that issue. Would suggest when you get on ts ask and they can maybe help out.

#3: Re: Help Request: Unable to Join Multiplayer Games Author: RifleDanLocation: Quebec, Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:06 am
    —
Have you tried to join a server by passing by a friend that is already in the server ??

#4: Re: Help Request: Unable to Join Multiplayer Games Author: SaundersLocation: Suwanee, GA PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:13 am
    —
Since posting this issue I even opened up DMZ on my computer which opens ALL ports. I still had the problem so, I've gone back to my secured firewall.
I just did an uninstall of the game and am in the process of reinstalling it.

#5: Re: Help Request: Unable to Join Multiplayer Games Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:28 am
    —
here's something you can try...

>Check the "go to game when ready" box, this forces the game to start.  I have been noticing that since the update to battlelog, the browser does not automatically dump me into game.  The window will pop up in the backround, but i have to click on it to get in.  I haven't tried launching without the "go to game..." box checked, but it is not too big of a stretch to imagine that this may have something to do with it.  

maybe BattleLog is having problems starting the .exe properly?

hope this helps!
SSG.Braxis*BK*

#6: Re: Help Request: Unable to Join Multiplayer Games Author: SaundersLocation: Suwanee, GA PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:37 am
    —
Problem solved. I thought that I had the latest video drivers for my AMD HD 5770 card but I did not. Once I applied the updated drivers and rebooted, I was able to join the game.

Thanks for the help in TS and on this forum, everyone.

Bad Karma -> Other Games

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1