BF3 Issues
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Other Games

#1: BF3 Issues Author: TapVatLocation: Alberta, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:34 am
    —
So I think im done with BF3. I play one game and my system locks up completely.  I have to restart by hitting the the restart button.  Sometimes I dont even get one game in.  Things i have tried:
Updated Bios, Video Drivers, Mobo. Drivers, Sound Drivers
Set Pysix to run on GPU and Cpu and Auto
Reinstalled windows 7 (tried 32 and 64bit)
Manually Updated Punk buster

System Specs
8G Ram
GTX 460
4TB of Hd space
I7 3.6ghz processor

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
TapVat

#2: Re: BF3 Issues Author: Silent_WolfLocation: Loveland, Colorado PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:44 am
    —
When you are setting up your OS are you using the user account that you setup when you first start or are you enabling the Administrator account and then using the system.  With Windows 7 the initial user account doesnt have full system access and its possible when you set the game up its missing system rights that is stopping the game from working correctly.

Just my 2 cents

#3: Re: BF3 Issues Author: TapVatLocation: Alberta, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:52 am
    —
Ill give it a shot thanks

#4: Re: BF3 Issues Author: Sheepdawg PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:45 am
    —
I heard something to do with the pagefile for windows.  I dont have the link right now but ill try to find it.  Also antivirus software i heard causes issues.  You running anything?  Any other services in the background?

#5: Re: BF3 Issues Author: TapVatLocation: Alberta, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 pm
    —
Nope just orgin on a fresh install.  and running in administrator did not help.  Thanks for the info on it tho.

#6: Re: BF3 Issues Author: Sheepdawg PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:09 am
    —
http://www.politeandfriendly.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10610

There is the fix i applied.  Been fine in every server except our CQ one and a few other 64 man CQ servers.  Now when i crash its my internet.  No more lock ups.  Etc.

#7: Re: BF3 Issues Author: TapVatLocation: Alberta, Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:55 am
    —
so this is how i solved my bf3 issues.
1. Found Hammer
2. Hit Motherboard with new found hammer
3. GF has no access to facebook now
4. GF demands new computer
5. ordered 6core 1100AMD processor and mobo
6. WIN

#8: Re: BF3 Issues Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:56 am
    —
Err.... Seriously?

In Alberta, eh? Where abouts? i"m in Fort McMoney.

#9: Re: BF3 Issues Author: TapVatLocation: Alberta, Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:46 am
    —
Grande Prairie, and yes my gf is addicted to facebook lol.

Bad Karma -> Other Games

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1