How did you get your names?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Recreation Room

#1: How did you get your names? Author: titanLocation: Sherwood, Arkansas PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:47 am
    —
i wanna know how all you guys got your names for the game. Im sure everyone else wants to know also ill go first.

when i first got Call Of Duty World At War.I had the name Bulldogg but it was taken so i thought of my favorite movie which is "Remember The Titans".
and i thought of a tough metal which is steel and added it together.Which the out com was steeltitan. then inturn changed to Titan*BK*.
as of today i will now be a titan for the rest of the time i play games. =]

#2: Re: How did you get your names? Author: OrckLocation: South Carolina PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:21 am
    —
I can't even remember any other names I used. How I got this one was I was trying to type pebble, but it came out epbble. I've used that for a while now. I also use orck and sometimes orock, it's sort of the same idea as epbble. I've thought about getting one of you graphics guys to do up my sig but I've decided against it until further notice. Sorry guys  Smile
Now the common pronounciations. I prefer e-pebble, but I also like eple which is Tinman's name for me. I have been called ep, epable (if you say it really fast it works) and just regular pebble. So there you have it.

#3: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Wulf PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:43 am
    —
Well I'm really into german stuff and since I was a kid I've loved Wolves so...there is my name.

#4: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Skooma PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:45 am
    —
I was formerly Known as Lt.Few however since I was adopted a few months back by my stepdad ( after 20yrs ) I had to abandon that name when I Started playing here at BK I was known as Choober however no one ever pronounced it right so I had to come up with something else and I picked Skooma which had a ring to it.. It just so happens that I got my name from Elderscrolls / Morrowind / Oblivion. There very intoxicating drink form is also called Skooma so I thought that it would fit me.. Hence that is why Im constantly asked if I like Elderscrolls and I have to answer yes because I own Oblivion and play it when there is no internet.

So I shall ever be known as Skooma maybe I will change my name later to Hartline which is my new last name.. Who knows

#5: Re: How did you get your names? Author: WrcknCrwLocation: Chicago, IL - USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:46 am
    —
My name goes as far back as 1999 when I started online gaming playing Swat 3.  
I got to know a buddy I played online with from California.  Back then Roger Wilco was "the" voice communication.  He said to me your a regular wrecking crew.  Since then, the name has stuck.  Been using it since then.  When games don't offer the long version, I abbreviate with 1MWC.

#6: Re: How did you get your names? Author: smile PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:20 am
    —
My name goes back almost twenty years ago since I was in high school

#7: Re: How did you get your names? Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:29 am
    —
I also got my name in 1999, the year I started using IRC. My favorite movie at the time was Tetsuo: The Iron Man. So I started off with TetsuoIronMan. Eventually it shortened to Tetsuo, then just Tet. I tend to use tet0r a lot, but the 0r is just filler as most places don't allow three character names. Tet is pronounced just like the Tet Offensive. Tet0r is usually said just as Tetor, or Teetor. I prefer Tet above all else though. Somebody called me 'Or' the other night, thought that was amusing.

#8: Re: How did you get your names? Author: titanLocation: Sherwood, Arkansas PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:56 am
    —
wow you guys have had these names for a while now.

#9: Re: How did you get your names? Author: FreyLocation: Denver, CO PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:41 am
    —
I usually go by Frey or Freyx.  When I picked up W@W I coulndn't log in with that name due to it showing as being used.  Well, my back-up has been Tewaz which I have used off and on since around 2000 or so.  Freyx is from a LONG time back.  From Air Warrior 1 & 2 in '96.  Tewaz is the name for a Norse Rune.  It's the rune for the Norse god Tyr, their god of Justice and War.  Freyr is also a Norse god.  I picked those names due to my ancestry.  I'm Swedish, Finnish, and Norwegian.  At some point I'll probably change my name to Freyx as it's easier to pronouce.  But, for now it's Tewaz..I've been called Waz, Wazzy, Tew (or two) and a bunch of other things that I can't type in here.   Wink

#10: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Seattle PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:14 am
    —
Yea mine is weird too..I'm originally from Boston so all my online stuff was "Boston Rob" or "Redsoxrob" or something along those lines..when a buddy of mine started a clan he asked me to help get it started and he had one condition (He's a Yanks fan)..PLEASE no "Boston" anything for your name!!...SO I went with my football team (I've always liked the Seahawks since I was a slow white wide-receiver growing up and I modeled my game after Steve Largent)..SO I went with "Seattle Slayer" (Which I still use in some games)..It got shortened to Seattle when I started graphics then I kinda became known around the web a bit as that and it has stuck..heck theres people in real life who call me "Seattle'...lol!

Last edited by Seattle on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#11: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:04 am
    —
my online names always referred to my cars.
i have been known as scimmygal (after my reliant scimitar gte) then hondalady, then mitsygal (after my honda and mitsubishi).
Then when we got cod waw, i wanted a name to redflect me as i keep changing cars and i was wanting to settle on a good name for keeps.
I love the film ladyhawke and liked the idea of people knowing i was a lady and the hawk being a formidable hunter gave the impression im not a walkover.....
so there you have it, from christmas 2008 onwards, im now the ladyhawke!!!!
great to hear some of your name meanings and glad to be sharing the gaming world with you!
I love the look of cod4 modern warfare2, the ad is absolutely stunning, cant wait......

#12: Re: How did you get your names? Author: StrandLocation: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 pm
    —
I have have had several names each for a specific clan, once I leave a clan I usually change my gamer tag referring to a fresh start. Ill tell you some of my previous names and their significance.

ammo - refers to taken the first letter of my first name, adam, and the first and second letter of my last name, morrisey, used this in my first clan

flash - in cod2 i was known for having a quick trigger with a bolt action rifle, used this in my second cod2 clan.

shadow.ghost - being a silent and deadly killer, used this in bf2142

skinny - I was in a clan that was dedicated to the 101st airborne, and we had to choose a name from an actual person who fought in the 101st airborne during world war 2, I chose wayne "skinny" sisk. This was mainly a cod2 Tactical clan, lost a few members, tried cod4, then disbanded.

swagger - based this off the character from the movie shooter, bobby lee swagger, used this name for most of my pubbing time in cod4 and the beginning months of cod5 till another clan i joined disbanded.

strand - there is actually no real signifcance as to why i chose this name, I was just wearing a shirt the day i felt the urge to change my name, and on it said "strand.mfg", I thought and concluded that it sounded cool, it was unique and I have never seen any other play wear the same name.

And there you have it, the history of my gamer names.

#13: Re: How did you get your names? Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:55 pm
    —
I've used the monikor 'baument' since 1985 when I started my business. My company name being Baumgarten Enterprises, I picked up the baum and ent from those two words and banged them together. When my lighting fast, 9600 baud dial up days started on the 'text only' web, I used baument as a user name and have used it just about everywhere since. My work in the 3D world is all done under the name baument.

Baument.com in it's present iteration has been runninng since around 2000, having been called different names before that.

Using the pronounciation of my last name, it's pronounced 'BOMB-ENT' by the way    ; )

#14: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SmudgeLocation: St Andrews, Scotland PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:12 pm
    —
Well I have a few excuses for my name, I'll let you decide which one best describes it lol

1: In the military there are a LOT of Smiths (my surname) and at training you all get called by your surname, so if there is more than one smith on a flight one gets knows as Smudge, (that’s the boring one)

2. I’ve been flying Flightsims online for years and years when I first started out I liked to show off a bit and usually ended up in a smoking heap or a SMUDGE in the side of a hill lol

3. Smudge is something you usually call a cat..... And people often think I’m a bit of a pussy-cat.

#15: Re: How did you get your names? Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:36 pm
    —

Seattle wrote (View Post):

Yea mine is weird too..I'm originally from Boston so all my online stuff was "Boston Rob" or "Redsoxrob" or something along those lines..when a buddy of mine started a clan he asked me to help get it started and he had one condition (He's a Yanks fan)..PLEASE no "Boston" anything for you name!!...SO I went with my football team (I've always liked the Seahawks since I was a slow white wide-receiver growing up and I modeled my game after Steve Largent)..SO I went with "Seattle Slayer" (Which I still use in some games)..It got shortened to Seattle when I started graphics then I kinda became known around the web a bit as that and it has stuck..heck theres people in real life who call me "Seattle'...lol!

Good to see another Seahawk fan not living in the Pacific Northwest.  Though I grew up in northern California so I wasn't too far off.  To be honest, last season I knew they were done after a couple weeks.  I found myself rooting for the Dolphins since what they were on their way to doing was nothing short of amazing.  I like Matt Hasslebeck and all, but I would love to see the 'Hawks beef up their O line and give Seneca Wallace a real chance.  He's like a Vick-mini but with a better arm.

Also, boo Yankees AND Red Sox.  Go Giants.

#16: Re: How did you get your names? Author: JuniorLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:57 pm
    —
I used to be Kaz2 back in the days of Unreal Tournament and a little mod for that game called Strikeforce, i played with my dad who was KAZ....i'm his Junior so i got the 2 thrown on, when we joined a guild called the 907th playing DayofDefeat i had to change since it got confusing so i became Junior, cause it just makes sense.

#17: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:50 pm
    —
Well, Braxis comes from a bit of a pet project of mine.  I read a lot and somewhere along the line got it in my head that I could actually write too.  So I sat down and wrote a couple of short stories, that became a longer story, that is now 110 pages into a rather long Sci-Fi space opera.  and somewhere along the line I also started five more stories, all totally unrelated.  6 different stories amounts to about 60 characters, all with names, back-stories and professions.  

My favorite is Braxis, a military man from one of my protagonists' pasts.  I got the name from the Santana album "Abraxis".

#18: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Lion PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:04 pm
    —
I used to live in a circus taming Lions for the show.

kidding, now seriously, the first 4 letters of my name are Leon, which is Lion in spanish. When i started playing Counter Strike (started with version 1.3 so go figure how long ago) i used to be LionDr@gon. the dragon part comes from this guy that used to work with me that i had a dragons breath one time. so he kept calling me that, and i just put them together. When i started to play ArmA, my windows profile is Lion, and ArmA used that to make the in-game profile, i tried to change it but i knew i was going to lose all the missions i had, so i kept Lion. When i Joined BK, Grim asked me to put my *BK* tags on my name and i changed to LionDr@gon*BK* and for some reason, he asked me to change it to Lion*BK* and i been using it ever since.

P.D. Braxis, i love to read too, can you share those stories with us?

#19: Re: How did you get your names? Author: HannahLocation: Cincinatti, Ohio PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:05 pm
    —
My name goes back to cod4, I have always liked the fact that when people get frustrated, they dont play as well.  So i wanted to pick a name that would really frustrate someone to the people they couldnt play.  Thats when I came up with the name Hannah Montana! because well, no one likes being killed by a pop star.  Smile  When cod5 came out, the name wouldnt fit, so i shorted it down to just hannah.  As of now, i really like it, in guildwars, all my buddies call me saint because most of my characters have that name in it, so who knows, i might switch to that in the distant future.  

cheers
Hannah

#20: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:40 pm
    —
well lion, none of them are anywhere near finished... I may have some short stories done soon... too many things going on right now.

#21: Re: How did you get your names? Author: wesleyLocation: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:51 am
    —
My mommy and my daddy named me at birth. I was so original when I came up with a user name for BK!
I wanted to change my name to WHOPPER because of the BK abbreviation. Alas I am forever stuck with the name of wesley.

#22: Re: How did you get your names? Author: wesleyLocation: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:52 am
    —
My mommy and my daddy named me at birth. I was so original when I came up with a user name for BK!
I wanted to change my name to WHOPPER because of the BK abbreviation. Alas I am forever stuck with the name of wesley.

#23: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DrewPLocation: Caldwell, Ohio PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:54 am
    —
My real name is Andrew and my dad is Andrew and Grandpa was also Andrew so when the women would hollar "Andrew get in here"  We all would come....so Grandpa kept Andrew, dad took Andy and seeing I was the youngest I got Drew!  In school I was called DrewP because my last name is Palagyi and I used to put my name on my school work as DrewP.  There you have it.  My name is really My name just shortened.

#24: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DWEISELLocation: Colorado Springs,CO. PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:53 am
    —
Mines cut and dry.DWEISEL comes from my first Initial and my last name!!!

#25: Re: How did you get your names? Author: NEMATODELocation: Chicagoland PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:13 pm
    —
I can't say on a family forum. It involves the Navy. Italy. Back alleys where we were'nt supposed to be. Attractive young ladies and ....I've said to much already. Now I'll have to kill you to protect you.

#26: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LowJawLocation: Frankfort, Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:43 pm
    —

I remembered seeing posters like this one in movies.   Smile

#27: Re: How did you get your names? Author: psycodadLocation: Montreal, Quebec, Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:58 am
    —
This is really my first online game that I have been involved with so my name is not carried over from a long career of online gaming. Quite simple actually. It is just a reference to a character in one of my favorite tv shows....MArried with Children....my wife and kids also thought that phsycodad was a good fit for me.

#28: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Hoykun PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:38 pm
    —
though question there Titan. I can't really remember how I got the name Hoykun. I guess i was thinking of a turkey and hay in norwegain Turkey is kalkun and in norwegain hay is høy but ø is a letter no one can use so I made it Hoykun...  Laughing

#29: Re: How did you get your names? Author: milkcityLocation: Indianapolis, IN PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:11 pm
    —
my name is simple b is for my first name which is bobby and greene is my last. and my new name is my football (soccer) team

Last edited by milkcity on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#30: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DWEISELLocation: Colorado Springs,CO. PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:14 pm
    —
Well everyones going more in depth here.Well my first FPS was Battlefield 1942 and I had the name Maj.Pothead.But Since then Ive had 3 kids and got married  so when BF2 came out I said let me think of something else that would stick that no one else can take and something I can also remember.So from there I came up with Dweisel which derived from my first name David and my last name Weisel.Hence DWEISEL.Also sticks with me from my friends.Everyone calls me D or D-weasel.Works either way.But lets leave the Maj.Pothead stuff in the past cuz that was soooooooooo almost 10 years ago.

#31: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MikusLocation: Canada, up in the cooooold northern stretches PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:54 pm
    —
Mikus is a derrivitave of Mikusmage. That was my first e-mail account. every online game i have ever played had a combo of that, Mikus, or Loki. I like mages, but dang low hitpoints and in-ability to drink heavily has made removing the mage portion much easier. (However lightning bolt is still a fine way to die.)

#32: Re: How did you get your names? Author: ReconLocation: Billings Montana PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:56 am
    —
I was a 19d20 Recon Sgt in the Army from 91 to 98. I had to get out of the service due to my injurys and so thats how I came up with my name.

#33: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SneaKeRLocation: NJ PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:25 am
    —
I've had my name since the mech waroir days when I was a scout for my old clan, Mw4 was an awesome game!! they named me SoA_SneaKeR cause with no radar running I coould find all the targets for my missile boats and then lay waste to the other teams mech's and beacon them and still get away unsacthed, my old MW4 and MW5 clan rocked we were in the top 5 of all the leagues we were in, but times have changed since those days I do miss that game but Microsoft dropped all support for the game, ah the fun we had!!!

#34: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LoOnyCal PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:13 pm
    —
When i was in school i went all crazy on my best friend cause i caught him kissing my long time girl friend of 3 years. I put him in the hospital and spent 14 days in jail over that ordeal. While i was in jail it was leaked that i went LoOny on my friend and i have been called LoOnyCal ever since!!!   Twisted Evil

#35: Re: How did you get your names? Author: reddragnLocation: Osijek, Croatia PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:27 pm
    —
I have a red dragon tattooed on my arm

#36: Re: How did you get your names? Author: ReconLocation: Billings Montana PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:11 pm
    —
I was a 19d20 Recon Sgt in the Army for 8 yrs. After I received injuries in the line of duty I was medically discharged. I loved it and still miss it. So hence my name Recon.

#37: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:19 am
    —
Very cool guys. I gotta say I have been gaming since 1991 but only on-line since last year with MOHA where I got to know Baument, CDesperado and Gumpster so I'm a newb with online stuff. OK here's my name: Digger (I used to be in 2 Commando Company 80 - 83) and the term "digger" is derived from the Aussie soldiers who were digging trenches at WW1 and Baz isshort for my christian name Basil. There you have it not as creative as some of you guys but "The Fox" was already taken (from the toon King Leonardo)

#38: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MrJoelieCLocation: Milford, NH PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:08 pm
    —
My Real name is Joel and MrJoelieC (Prounoced Mister-Joel-EEEE-Seeee) Is my Screen Name/Nickname. Here is how I got it:

I was in High school at my first job as a stockboy in a grocery store... I was at that awkward age in that I was not quite a Man and not quite a Boy...LOL Women were noticing me but yet in a way they were afraid to admit it cause I was not really in the "IN" crowd...

Debbie one of the cashiers had no hang-ups about the "IN" crowd... She liked everybody and everybody liked her...She was not the pretiest but she sure could turn heads though with her sweetness and she was just one of those genuine people that nobody could find fault with...

I was in the back working the truck load on the run cutting the boxes open for the other stock boys. Loading the "U-boats" by isle number as it came off the pallet. I was working with one of the store managers (Tim) and one of the "IN" crowd (Todd) that everyone wanted to be like...

When In walks Debbie who at the time had this georgous long black curly hair and was wearing the cashiers uniform that was almost a size to small making her look as if she was making this once ugly uniform a peice of clothing that would have had her on last weeks cover of FHM.... She saw me, saw Tim the Manager, and looked at Todd of the "IN." A smile came accross her face and she thrust her chest out and raised her arms and shouted "Joelie Cee! You sexy thang give me a hug."

I of course looked confused... I mean who in the world thought I was "Sexy?" So I Turned towards her with the biggest dorkiest smile on the planet raised my arms and shouted "My Lover!" As everyone looked on.. Even Todd dropped his mouth "In Shock." I looked at Debie and proceeded to recieve not only a hug but a somewhat sloppy kiss from Debbie.. I almost fainted...

Tim the Store Manager who had quite the reputation as the "Smart Ass" looked at her and said: "That's Mister Joelie Cee to you and me! And don't you forget it"

10 years later at my 10 year high school reunion I realized I was not the unknown geek I thought I was... I realized this as I had a line formed around my table filled with people who could not wait to give MrJoelieC a hug. My Wife was not as impressed as I was.. 20 years later everyone still calls me MrJoelieC....... 20 year High School Reunion and the e-mails are already coming in "You gonna be there MrJoelieC?"

#39: Re: How did you get your names? Author: A3Tripod PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:52 pm
    —
Like some, I've had a long online gaming career.  Ever since the days of Quake, my game name has been CrazyB*****d.  By default that is the name I use as my friends will readily recognize who it is that's fragging them.  My backup names have always related to my cars and my amateur racing career.  I've been racing in Solo I, Solo II, and HPDE events for about 14 years where I've always driven some variant of a VW/Audi.  My current racer is an Audi A3, and my driving technique frequent results in my lifting the rear inside wheel during hard cornering, thus the tripod effect. Voila - A3Tripod.  Previous to my Audi, I drove a VW Wolfsburg Edition..and my game name was 3Wheelinwolf.

#40: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DorkikerLocation: Gatineau, Quebec PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:11 pm
    —
In honor of Canadian special forces....

#41: Re: How did you get your names? Author: TrueChuckieLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:36 am
    —
I chose it when I started in BHD because Chuckie was taken. I guess it fits because I am the True Chuckie at least in my mind.
Yes my real name would be Chuck also.

#42: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SmackyLocation: Georgia PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:49 am
    —
Mine is from the comic strip, "Get Fuzzy".  There is a character known as Bucky Katt that has a toy stuffed animal, Smacky.  In one strip Bucky was getting upset about something and shouted "You're making Smacky mad!!!"  I get frustrated sometimes in online multiplayer games so I figured it suited me.

#43: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LordJerm-BK-Location: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:57 pm
    —
I got mine from my uncle D who has called me JERM since i was a kid   The lord part was because W@W wouldn't let me just use jerm but i think i will keep lord on there now since i seem to have a fan club of lords now  some of you guys know what i'm talking about

#44: Re: How did you get your names? Author: StumpsLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:54 pm
    —
I started playing COD when it first came out, after a long stint as a founder and admin of a MOH clan and server.  I was never very good at either game, but after being blown to shreds numerous times by gymbags in COD and seeing my model lying there with nothing left but stumps for legs and arms (and occasionally headless), I took the name Stumps.  

I still use it because it's a fitting and accurate reflection of my ability lol

#45: Re: How did you get your names? Author: jelloLocation: Montana USA PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:19 pm
    —
my name goes back to roleplaying game days before online games (besides text games on BBS's). The game master described this poison spitting blob as Jello. We all had a good laugh and it was suggested that fire would be the only thing to kill it.  I failed three roles in a row 1 to kill it 1 to prevent my character from hurting himself and then 1 to prevent being digested by the jello. Hence from that point on he threatened to release the killerjello on me if I ever did something dumb in one of his games. He unfortunately passed away in 2001 and I have kept the name as an homage ever since. there have been variations but the spirit is still there.

#46: Re: How did you get your names? Author: RaptorLocation: Chilliwack BC PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:33 pm
    —
I picked my name because when I was a little kid, i always used to watch those Jurassic Park movies, and always loved the look of Raptors, and the sound of them. so there you go! Very Happy

#47: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DELETEDLocation: Australia,TAS PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:13 pm
    —
Well Skitz originally came from the SkitzMix CD`s. Which ive used for sometime now,  the 619 (which is Rey Mysterio`s(WWE) finishing move) i added when i found Skitz wasnt available on Toca Race Driver when i started playing that online. Ever since then ive been Skitz619, which i use on all the online games i play!!

#48: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SeanmyrLocation: Iowa PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:51 pm
    —
Actually, this is the first time I've played under my real name (I was named after Sean Connery because my mother had a major thing for him back in the day).  I can't remember why I went with my real name this time.  Always before I played under the name Paithar.  Paithar was a Dungeons & Dragons character I played for quite some time.  I started using that characters name for my online games because in the group that I play D&D in that character is a legend.  At one point in time he actually became the god of deceit and treachery of the world we played in before the other gods cast him down for trying to kill them all.  I don't know how much any of you know of the mechanics of D&D but there is an alignment system that basically governs how your character behaves.  There are several different alignments ranging from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil.  Well, my Paithar character was also a legend for adding one more non official alignment to the list and this was Core Evil.  I'm so proud of that character!

Anyway, I've been thinking about changing my name back to Paithar but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it.

#49: Re: How did you get your names? Author: TheBear PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:53 pm
    —
Mine kind of started in High School(way back in the 80s).  While playing football, the coach said I looked like a big ol' grizzly bear trying to claw my way to the ball carrier(I usually played linebacker or nosegaurd on defense).  Thus the nickname Bear came into existence.  I didn't really think much of it until I got my own pc in 1990 and started using Bear as my online identity.  Of course, back then it was mainly BBS boards and then WOW!  Online checkers!!  Even checkers can lag when your playing over a 9600 baud modem.   It really became official when my oldest son started calling me Bear.  When he was a baby and was learning his animal names and sounds, when we got to bear I let out a big growl and chased him around our apartment.  He's called me Bear ever since.  Now everyone knows me as Bear and calls my wife Mrs. Bear, except for family and friends who have known me my whole life...they still call me by my first name.

#50: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DasPootLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:05 am
    —
Mine has been with me a very long time.  I'm real big into WWII history and got my name from the movie "Das Boot" Web Page Name.  I've been known to have some stinky gas from time to time...so hence the name Das Poot.  I have been using the call sign since way back in the day of some old school FPS games.

#51: Re: How did you get your names? Author: mstrsniperLocation: Devonport,tasmania PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:59 am
    —
i have had alot of names useally to do with what kind of game i am playing then think off something to do with that and go from there.
OFFA: was my first game refering to how i was allways drunk...lol.
STEALTH:another 1 i used have allways loved SNIPERS.
LEAVEHARD:my V8 supercar name online.
MASTERSNIPER OR MSTRSNPR:came from my love of SNIPERS and sniper movies allways loved 'ENEMY AT THE GATES' and 'SHOOTER' think of the last seen where he draws the shot from the 2 snipers in the snow now that's a MSTRSNPR...LOL Twisted Evil

#52: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Reaper PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:11 am
    —
hm, well. through most of my gaming career i've gone under the tag "Viper" or some variation therein. since that was obviously taken, i was forced to reinvent a new tagname. figured Reaper was effective, due to my nature to sit along the sidelines, bide my time and take careful shots whenever i managed to stumble across an enemy.

and i like grain. bread.

#53: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Philo PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:26 am
    —
My name was actually a nick name given to me by my step dad after getting in a fight with the neighbor years ago , he said I looked like Philo-Beddo a character Clint  Eastwood played in a movie any which way but loose and it kinda stuck.  Been using it as a gaming name for about 8 yrs now.Had to shorten it to just Philo to add the bk and stuff for cod 5.

#54: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:40 pm
    —
Bump

#55: Re: How did you get your names? Author: sniper PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:36 pm
    —
mine dates back to delta force 2...back before i even met *BK*, i was one of the better snipers floating around novaworld.  my name at the time was something random...i can't remember what it was, so everyone  started calling me "that one sniper" (usually right after i joined the server...i think some people thought i hacked...)  so i took it as my name.  fast forward a few years...BHD is out, and i'm looking at BK.  novaworld has a 15 character limit on screen names, so i shortened it to Sniper...and there you have it...

#56: Re: How did you get your names? Author: StrandLocation: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 pm
    —
My old name was strand, flip threw the posts to find the explanation on that, but as for my new name, durrty, i choose that mainly because of Baz, he would always say "oh, you dirrrrty dirrrrty strand". So now he says "oh, you dirrrrrty dirrrrty durrrrrty"

#57: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:10 am
    —
Durrrty Durrttttyy Durrtyyy  !!!!!

#58: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DerbyLocation: Leeds, United Kingdom PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:06 pm
    —
Mines simple. I was born in Derby and even though i now live in Leeds i still follow my beloved Derby County Football Club. So hence the name Derby. In the 801sttfw who I fly with my callsign there Is monarch. Me and a friend joined that together He was called Delta1 after delta airlines, I deided to follow his idea and became Monarch after monarch airlines. Then another friend became Jet2. So a little bit of a theme was happening.

#59: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Oxfurd PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:41 pm
    —
Hahaha , mine is out of laziness.

One day i was loooking for a game name for MMROPG. So i looked around the room at different items and saw my name . Its a Paper co. Its been 14-15 years. I Had it so long my family calls me OX dosent help im a big mass of human. 6.4 and 210 lbs. So i stuck. Odd but love it.

#60: Re: How did you get your names? Author: UuberManLocation: Winchester, VA PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:59 pm
    —
This is a great Idea.  I have always wondered how many of you came up with your names.

My first multiplayer game was BF 1942 which I would play on LAN weekends.  My original name was Meat (for "Dead Meat") since I seemed to die all the time; not unlike my current playing style.  When I started playing WaW on line last month I came up with UuberMan from a Saturday Night Live skit I saw in High School back in 1979 where Dan Akroyd played Uberman.  The "Uu" was because my friends and I would joke at how Akroyd said Uberman in the skit (ooooberman).

#61: Re: How did you get your names? Author: EXPLODELocation: Louisville, KY PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:25 pm
    —
Mine just seemed to fit in the game EXPLODE and i did alot of exploding at first

#62: Re: How did you get your names? Author: just-dieLocation: wisconsin PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:16 am
    —
lets see,i started useing hellenkeller about the time cod5 came out (i got a laugh killing people as a deaf, blind, mute )then when i became -bk- had to change it to something shorter( hellin)so there u go

#63: Re: How did you get your names? Author: TrimmerLocation: B.C.., Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 am
    —
I came by my name back in the days of modum to modum gaming with air battle games like Red Baron and Battle of Briton after many hours of play trimming the wings off of my brothers planes and watching him go down in flames (or more often than not having my own wings trimmed)

#64: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BolerroLocation: Warshington (state) PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:44 am
    —
About 15 years ago I bought a Looney Toons tie with Taz and a computer on the front of it. The name on the computer was "Bolero" and a couple numbers.  So I added an extra R and have had this name ever since.

#65: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MlgaBeanLocation: Colorado Springs, CO - USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:45 am
    —
i've had a bunch of names. the first was BobNewhart just cause i thought he was funny and who else would call themselves bob newhart? then it changed to Bucket (the reason for that is because i have a small scar next to my right eye where a bucket hit me in the face from a kid who threw it). the name was bucket for a long time and then i started playing WOW, Bucket was already taken so i did the randomize name and it came up with Melgabean. thought it was neat so i kept it ever since. it shortened 1 month ago to MlgaBean when i joined BK to fit in the 8 letter name rule BK has.

MlgaBean

#66: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MAD-RatLocation: Auckland, New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:34 am
    —
MADRat is a combination of my MMORPG guild name and the first 3 letters of my character names, Rathgar, Rathar, Rath and so on

#67: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BigDuke6Location: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:42 am
    —
I started playing on the BK servers as Wibransaex which is a name I created in the early 80's for the original Dungeons and Dragons (yes the paper and pencil type of RPG) I had an old Dragon mag that had some old English in it so I created the name which roughly means "Holy Sword Warrior (I played a Paladin) in fact wasted a whole summer getting him up to level 9....anyways that's another story.  Well when I became a BK member I was limited in the characters you could use so I switched to my other favorite game name BigDuke6.

Big Duke 6 is the call sign of LCol Kilgour (Robert Duvall) the CO of an air mobile regiment in Apocalypse Now, in the movie he attacks a Vietcong village  so Lance can surf.  It is by far the best scene in the movie, here is a link to it on You Tube

[Watch On YouTube]

I hope it works.  Remember "Charlie don't Surf"

#68: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Sabotage-NORLocation: Norway PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:31 am
    —
Well, im a big fan of the old hardrock music. And Black Sabbath is my favorite band. And Sabotage is
a title from an album (1975). Therefore Sabotage  Smile

Sabotage-bk-

#69: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:43 am
    —
Bump

#70: Re: How did you get your names? Author: RifleDanLocation: Quebec, Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 am
    —
Mine have twisted sens.
It first come out by a friend when i was playing in a rock band. Composing alot at this time, he called me RIFF FULL DAN.
Many years later, i buy the COD5 game and start to search for a nick.....too many F in Riff full dan so i went with the phonotic way and it appears to fit perfectly with the game type...RIFFLEDAN.
It became RIFLEDAN when i joined BK

So here's the little story of my nickname

#71: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Immolation PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:38 am
    —
I got my name from the band becoming the archetype... they have a song called immolation. The definition of Immolation is basically "to be sacrificed by fire", or "the process of being burned". So I did my research before taking on that name... lol before this name, I used to go by the tag FireMadeFlesh which is another song by the same band, and before that I went by Slain, which I got from an unreal tournament character. And before that I was Sneak, which I got from halo way back when.

Here's a link to that song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg2NGDTJ36g

#72: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Nam-RangerLocation: GEORIGA, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:43 am
    —
Need I explain?

#73: Re: How did you get your names? Author: GUMPLocation: Martinsville, Indiana PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:45 am
    —
When Forest Gump was a big hit(with Tom Hanks) I could talk just like him and so the guys I worked with started calling me gump. I use Gumpster or gump in different games I play.

#74: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Schmak PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:03 am
    —
been my handle since 6th grade (ish).  just thought it was a word that sounded like it should be real, but wasnt.  and sounded cool.

haha
i'm lame
Wink

#75: Re: How did you get your names? Author: 11BulletLocation: Portland Oregon PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:11 am
    —
I started to play bhd and being a shooter I thought of the nicknames for 11B army term for infantry My name was 11bulletstop but had to shorten it for COD ...

#76: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:32 am
    —
schmack just an fyi m8......
when I was in Holland last yer, I noticed a can of spam was called schmack out there (could be spelt differently???)
anyone from Holland ????

#77: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:33 am
    —
found a link....not spelt the same but its funny Smile
http://www.holland-at-home.nl/images/Unox-smac-groot.jpg

#78: Re: How did you get your names? Author: StingrayLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:57 pm
    —
Hi Everyone
  Well this is my first post and seam to be a good place to start seeing how it about how our names came about. My Screen name came about from the fact that I love boating. I own a 20 Ft Stingray sport boat. The name seam to fit well with COD so it was easy.
Stingray

#79: Re: How did you get your names? Author: winemakrLocation: South Carolina PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:18 pm
    —
WELL MINE IS SO HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT I WILL TRY. I HAVE BEEN MAKING WINE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS. THEREFORE THE NAME WINEMAKR.

#80: Re: How did you get your names? Author: FideauxLocation: Dallas, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:20 pm
    —
Fideaux,  got it working in New Orleans after Katrina.  My group leader gave me that cause when I worked a case I would not let go.  Thus cajun spelling of FIDO

#81: Re: How did you get your names? Author: OldYellrLocation: Dallas, Texas USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:16 pm
    —
I chose OldYellr because I thought it would be funny when someone shot me it would say "you killed OldYellr". And maybe even get some sympathy due to the movie. How could you shoot your loyal, ever trusting protector?

My first choice was "a baby" but it was already taken.

#82: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Schmak PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:52 am
    —
haha,  thnx l4dy.

i brew beer on the side, but dont think i'm gonna change to beermaker.  or just brewer

#83: Re: How did you get your names? Author: KarowLocation: Taos Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:10 am
    —
My name has no real meaning and has nothing to do with syrup. Just something a thought of tring to come up witha user name for some online servics

#84: Re: How did you get your names? Author: halfLocation: Jamestown in. PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 pm
    —
My first year playing goalie on our hockey team i only stopped about half the shots i took, so they started calling me halftime. I did get a lot better and played in goal for 16 years. When i joined BK i just shortened it to half.

#85: Re: How did you get your names? Author: RifleDanLocation: Quebec, Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:37 am
    —
bUMP Bedibump peDI doooouuuu
BUMP

#86: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 pm
    —
Wow. Just read through this stuff. Crickey, some history here ladies and germs.

#87: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:32 pm
    —
My name use to be Luke115. I wanted luke15 but it was taken so I put one more 1 in it and there was my name. When I joined BK I kept the name but when I was offered the job as a DI a few weeks latter and the rank of Sgt. the deal was I had to shorten my name to Luke. So the rest is history and 6 years latter I was a Gen and one year after that I was GOA. I would never triad in my experiences with BK for anything.

GOA.Luke*BK*

#88: Re: How did you get your names? Author: CapZacLocation: Detroit, MI PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:25 pm
    —
Trying to catch up on some old(er) topics.

Many moons ago, I was involved in a salmon fishing tournament for a number of years off the coast of Northern Michigan in Lake Huron, and (wait for it) I was the Captain of the boat.

More moons and  a couple of suns ago, my highschool football coach had a heck of a time pronouncing my last name, so he extracted three letters and arrived at Zac.

Somewhere in recent history one of my buddies merged the two into the glorious union that you see me now.  Of the plethora of nicknames that I have/had, this seemed the best fit for this environment.

#89: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BoomGuyLocation: Los Angeles, CA PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:14 pm
    —
I work in film production as a microphone boom operator.  Before I joined BK my name was Y-8BoomGuy, in reference to my classification in the union I work under (IATSE Local 695).  Y-1 is for sound mixers, Y-8 is for boom operators...etc.  I still don't know what the "Y" means, but it makes it easier for payroll companies, I guess.  I shortened it to BoomGuy when I joined BK recently, little realizing that there are a few members with "boom" in their name Smile

#90: Re: How did you get your names? Author: WannaBLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:41 pm
    —
My name is actually spelled Wannaß but for those who dont know german the ß is secretly ss but thats not the point lol The point is my name is actually Wanna Beta ( but seen how the keyboard doesnt support the beta symbol, and the fact most games wont allow the ß i just started using B thus the name WannaB )

#91: Re: How did you get your names? Author: falcontxLocation: Texas PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:08 am
    —
Back in Dos days I was part of a multiplayer community  Air Warrioir,  WW 2 fighters and Bombers. I chose
the name then for the F 16 Falcon, but soon found others with name  Falcon so I added the TX  for the state I am from Texas.
Hence Falcontx, also have been known to use Txfal

#92: Re: How did you get your names? Author: 11BulletLocation: Portland Oregon PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:17 am
    —
lets see..... It started on a cold over cast day in october it was raining and i was loading my new game bhd i needed a name and had never had a nickname ?  I thought  something an the line of 11bravo which is the nomamamclature for an infrantrymen so I picked 11bulletstop  then started to play other games and it was too long a name thus 11bullet was it. ( yes I was in the army Not 11b) I was a 67Y, any snake doctors out there...

#93: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Silent_WolfLocation: Loveland, Colorado PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:24 pm
    —
Growing up I raised wolves. I was around wolves so much that my friends and family started calling me Wolf.  A few years later I started getting into mystical creators, specifically dragons.  The Spanish word for  wolf is Lobo.  For awhile I was known as Lobodragon77.  The 77 is my birth year.  Start with BFBC2 I start with Silent_Wolf.  The Silent part is well, Im not all that silent.  I like to get hyper and worked up playing MP with yall, but when I get quiet I'm hiding somewhere, just waiting for you to pop you head out for a slit second.  Wink

#94: Re: How did you get your names? Author: CakeLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:55 am
    —
When I first started playing online games, I  settled on "Cakewalker", for no other reason than to be different. When I joined BK my gatekeeper said I needed to shortened it- therefore "Cake".

#95: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DiatribeLocation: Lafayette LA PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:35 am
    —
I use it because a friend of mine that was killed in Chicago always thought Diatribe would have made a great band name . I have used it ever sense .

#96: Re: How did you get your names? Author: jablon51Location: Aurora Illinois PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:17 am
    —
First part of my family and the year I was hatched.

#97: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Kilerinios PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:06 am
    —
My friends used to call me killer cause I was killing all the food ...so I made killer in a more greek way........ kilerinios!!!

#98: Re: How did you get your names? Author: bigconnLocation: Gastonia, North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 am
    —
started back with COD2 - my son began playing, supervised of course, he was using Conn.  CDO4 came out and I loved the game so much I had to buy 2 copies for my son and me.  setup the COD4 Server and he was Conn, and seeing as how I was bigger than him at the time, I became bigconn.  Of course now he stands 6'3" and i may have to change name to "oldconn" Smile

#99: Re: How did you get your names? Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:42 am
    —
Started about two years ago as a smash on my keybaord. Was something like "76..abchd" first, then it slowly de-volved into C.H.U.D. Because I love purposely terrible movies.

#100: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Deadly_JoeLocation: IN, US PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 pm
    —
I've only ever gone by 2 different names in FPS games.  My original and oldy - Metal of Honor, MoH:SH, CoD, CoD2  was Sniper_Joe (and with the exception of CoD2 had the clantag TDB). Mainly because my weapon of choice was always the sniper rifle.   Name was taken in W@W so I changed it to Deadly_Joe (which is probably good b/c Im only decent w/ a sniper in W@W and CoD:BO)

#101: Re: How did you get your names? Author: cypher369Location: Niagara Falls, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:51 pm
    —
Cypher

In the late 1980s, Sikorsky Aircraft flew a small UAV named "Cypher", with coaxial rotors inside a torus-shaped airframe. The torus shroud improved handling safety and helped increase lift. The first proof-of-concept Cypher was 1.75 meters (5.75 feet) in diameter and 55 centimeters (1.8 feet) tall, weighed 20 kilograms (43 pounds), and was first flown in the summer of 1988. This design was powered by a four-stroke, 2.85 kW (3.8 hp) engine and was mounted on a truck for forward-flight tests.

It led to a true flight prototype Cypher that weighed 110 kilograms (240 pounds), had a diameter of 1.9 meters (6.2 feet) and was powered by a compact, 40 kW (53 hp) rotary engine. After an initial free flight in 1993, the Cypher prototype was used in flight tests and demonstrations through most of the 1990s, ultimately leading to a next-generation design, the Cypher II, which was a competitor in the United States Navy VT-UAV competition.

The single prototype first flew in April 1992 and flew untethered in 1993. Since then, over 550 demonstration flights have been made for the US government.

The Cypher can carry a sensor package on struts above its hull, or can transport loads weighing up to 50 lb (23 kg).

[edit] Cypher II

Two Cypher II prototypes have been built for the US Marine Corps, which calls it the UAV "Dragon Warrior". The Cypher II is similar in size to its predecessor, but has a pusher propeller in addition to its rotor and can be fitted with wings for long-range reconnaissance missions. In its winged configuration, the Cypher II has a range of over 185 kilometers (115 miles) and a top speed of 230 km/h (145 mph). It is unclear if the Cypher will enter into production.

Year 369 (CCCLXIX) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Galates and Victor (or, less frequently, year 1122 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 369 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.

Nahhhhh, just kiddind, named after the Matrix character, was cooler sounding than Neo. turns out 368 others had that name to.

#102: Re: How did you get your names? Author: TwoFourLocation: Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:18 pm
    —
Number 24 has been my favourite  since High School sports.
Used it hockey and baseball. (before Jeff Gordon was born)  LOL

#103: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Drag0nBorn PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:34 pm
    —
I have benn useing my name since Counterstrike before steam. I was a member of ZT Clan (Zero Tolerance).

#104: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BklynKnightLocation: Brooklyn, NY PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:42 pm
    —
Well BklynKnight is what we call people who live in Brooklyn, NY, I just shortened it alittle and been using it for a really long time. While I was in the military my nick name was Hollywood, I used to cam it up for everyone.

#105: Re: How did you get your names? Author: REFORMLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 pm
    —
when i was in high school i used to run around with a tagging crew called S.S.K. (societies sickest kings) we would mostly vandalize the RTD, which was the public transportation in los angeles at the time. I used several different names but when i moved on from tagging to grafitti art (for those who dont know, grafitti art is not tagging or vandalizm. it is a legitemate form of art. so now ya know, and knowing is half the battle!!!) there was a change in my way of thinking, a reformation if you will. i had heard the word on t.v. and thought it was a perfect fit. the name has stuck with me and i have been known as REFORM ever since

#106: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BigDawgLocation: Hadley,Ma PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:34 pm
    —
Well I have had this name since medal of honor came out. I am huge Motorcycle fan, I always wanted a Big Dog Motor cycle and since that name was taken and I went with Bigdawg, I am also  kind of Big lol and I have been called a dog from time to time.

#107: Re: How did you get your names? Author: D34TH_D34LERLocation: Corner Brook NL. Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:07 pm
    —
i been using my name since the days of cod1 and vietcong. i think its pretty obvious where my name comes from lol.but for those who don't know i got it from the movie underworld.the vampires that hunted the werewolves were called death dealers mmmmm selene Laughing

#108: Re: How did you get your names? Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 am
    —
My first online name was winmedic for obvious reasons; I work in Winchester and I am a paramedic. Not very imagitive I know. My next choice was when COD4 came out and has been my name every since which is WolfFang. I have always liked wolves and as for the Fang, at the time I was very very good at sneaking up behind people and knifing them so the fang correlated very well with a knife.

#109: Re: How did you get your names? Author: TapVatLocation: Alberta, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:03 am
    —
I found my name on a Heineken Mini Keg 4 years ago.  Thats what happens when you choose a call sign when drinking lol.

#110: Re: How did you get your names? Author: StrongLocation: Wis PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:26 am
    —
I have had my name Strong for year. will when I first start gaming at the age of 14. I pick the name bc My whole life people that knew me knew i was not love or care about my family did not like me or did they ever care about what I want. Like when I play sports they never came to any of them. I never got a bday gift in my life from my family. I dont hate them or do I hold that against them. But I am not built but my friend know i was and had to be strong in life for me to make it this far. I mean I did everything myself look out for me. So I became  Strong I have it tatoo the name on my right arm. Bc I am strong all the time. O ya I am 26 yr old. Cant wait to get my new pc to game again with u all

#111: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MAD-RatLocation: Auckland, New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:54 am
    —
I have run a guild called MAD in MMO's for year since the days of Dark Age of Camelot, I also had a main called Rathgar, Rat became a common theme for my characters so people could recognise me. When I went back to FPS games I chose MAD-Rat, and it stuck.

#112: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SgtFuryLocation: MAINE PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:10 am
    —
41 years old Im a comic book fan. Read alot of the "SgtFury and his Howling Commandos" comics. Playing war games seemed pretty appropriate at the time.

#113: Re: How did you get your names? Author: suershotLocation: Vegas PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 am
    —
BF1942 desert combat did a lot of sniping and flying.  I would grab the .50 and snipe others as they were taking off in the jets, or flying in the apaches.  friends started started saying  "sureshot tony camping the runways"
once i started really flying in the game the name deff stuck, fire one missle and on to the next.  thats before heatseaking missles in BF2.

#114: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Unicorn_GigglesLocation: Montana PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:57 am
    —
I first started using this name for FEAR. Just seemed funny to me to kill people with this kinda name.

#115: Re: How did you get your names? Author: ted100Location: bracebridge ontario canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 pm
    —
a lie my name came from over 100 games i have played wich i have and my name is ted the truth in the begining of time of pc gaming ted 1 and ted 10 was used so ted100 seem to fit= 100%

#116: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Atoms-For-WarLocation: Quebec, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:04 am
    —
Mine comes from a friend of mine. His name was Atoms-For-Peace. I found it very nice but decided to change it so I do not copy. I think nicknames are very personnal when it comes to gaming!! I would not like to see another guy named the same hehe Razz

#117: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MaxwellSmartLocation: Summerside PEI PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:25 am
    —
 I was a great fan of Get Smart TV series

#118: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Killing_Statue PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:21 am
    —
Couple of years ago watched a movie that had a statue of an angel bleeding... so started of with Bleeding Statue but then moved on to Killing Statue. Twisted Evil

#119: Re: How did you get your names? Author: jarhead4lyfeLocation: Decatur, AL. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:02 am
    —
once a marine always a marine....i have been using jarhead4lyfe ever since i joined the corps for gaming purposes....and some games must be shortened to simply jarhead  Cool

#120: Re: How did you get your names? Author: plainclothesLocation: Loveland, Colorado & Gray Maine PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:16 pm
    —
In 1968-69 I was an MP sergeant  working in a MPI (Provost Marshal Investigations) Unit on Fort Bragg..........when I started playing war games I wanted my name to reflect something of my military service.

#121: Re: How did you get your names? Author: JungleGeorgeLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm
    —
My nickname is George. My father-in-law loved Bugs Bunny cartoons (so do I) and he especially liked the on with Sylvester and his big cat friend, Benny. Benny called Sylvester George because "...I can't say S-s-s-s-sylvester, George". I used to repeat the lines from this cartoon to my wife so she started calling me George.

When I started playing MOHAA I tried to surprise my son but I wanted a name I knew he would recognize so I used George Impulsive, another family joke with my kids. My MOHAA clan (Older Than Dirt) used to play with The Black Ducks and they christened me George of the Jungle, which led to Jungle George. But I still love the image of Sylvester and Benny. I even had a sig with Sylvester.

"Go and catch me a mouse, George, or i will have to do mean things to you, like rub your fur the wrong way!"

#122: Re: How did you get your names? Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:26 pm
    —
My internet profiles have always been Regina or Regina Rifles for gaming and message boards. Mind you I've only being online gaming since COD2 which is like yesterday compared to the others here.
My uncle Andrew was with the Regina Rifles Regiment during WWII landing on Juno beach first wave on D-Day. His landing craft hit a mine that killed nearly all aboard, but he was able to swim after dumping his kit and got hold of a rope trailing one of the swimming takes making it's way to the beach. The Regina Rifles, nicknamed "The Johns" because most were farmers from Saskatchewan, were the only unit to make their objective on D-Day and also penetrated farther inland on D-Day than any other Allied unit that landed on the beaches of Normandy. Far enough that they were surrounded and attacked for 2 days by Panthers and infantry of the 12th SS, who they defeated. Unfortunately my uncle was killed July 4, 1944 while the Johns were supporting an attack on the Carpiquet airfield.
My dad was very young at the time and his family never spoke about it, so I knew nothing of my uncle but was always interested. I started researching on the net around 1999 and if I needed a username always chose Regina. Not very common so it's rare that the name is taken. It's also the name of the home city of the regiment, so many online players from Canada think I live there but I don't. I also belong to the Royal Regina Regiment Association and attend most reunions as a member. I've been to Noramandy and have covered every beach from Sword to Utah.

...........and that's about it.  Laughing  Laughing

#123: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Marinelover PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:52 am
    —
Have always been a great admirer of the Marines (even though my Dad is Navy).  Live in So. Cal for many years and took many trips to Camp Pendelton and met many Marines.   Have never met a Marine I didn't like - including my husband - hence the name Marinelover.

#124: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Demon667-BK-Location: Saskatoon, Sk, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 am
    —
I worship the devil and feel tht i am a spawn of satan himself, so thts how i became Demon667

#125: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Edgeman43Location: Lublin, Poland PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:17 pm
    —
I'm a fan of Iron Maiden, they wrote a song- Man on the Edge. I used to have that name in bf2 and some other games but for WaW it was too long so I shotened it.

#126: Re: How did you get your names? Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 pm
    —
I use to be luke115 but I was asked to shorten it under our old rules.

#127: Re: How did you get your names? Author: TakerDeep2008 PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:26 pm
    —
I served 23 years in the submarine force and most of the Commanding Officer's would say "Dive Take Her Deep" when we would go deep. shortened it to fit most games to TakerDeep

#128: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BillyHoyle PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:29 pm
    —
Played a lot of basketball with my 2 boys during their high school and collage days. I would warm up and stretch alot ( being old and all 42-43) So when the movie came out "White men can't jump"... Billy Hoyle (Woodie Harrelson) would act like he couldn't play and stretch like a goof . My boys started to call me "Billy Hoyle".

#129: Re: How did you get your names? Author: astro7730Location: Peterborough, Ontario Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm
    —
Well my grade school friend called me astro because I have whats called a widows peak (Eddy monster hair cut) anyways he chose that name for me because I resembled Astro boy from the 1980's cartoon and its stuck with me all my life. All my friends call me Astro and sometimes even my parents and sister. Smile

#130: Re: How did you get your names? Author: AliceterLocation: Caemlyn, Andor PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:08 pm
    —
I live with my family and there all weird. I sometimes can relate to what Alice must have felt in wonderland so when I was thinking up a name for some other game i still had this in the back of my mind and it just clicked. L.C. is due to the fact that i thought the writers Initials.

#131: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Chach57Location: Nashua, New Hampshire PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:54 pm
    —
My nickname is Chach57 , minus the numbers, which is what my friends call me because it is the first syllable of my last name which is Ciaccio. Not to be confused which chachie from the show Happy Days.  Very Happy

#132: Re: How did you get your names? Author: ted100Location: bracebridge ontario canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm
    —
mine is from my first name and the # of games i had at the time simple but sad i know. knife to see you

#133: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MiniPurpleLocation: Kent, United Kingdom PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:01 pm
    —
My dads name is Purple (short for Purplepeopleeater) and i wanted to play Black ops too so i had to use his gamename and on TS i when i logged on id have to say "its purples daughter playing for a bit" and someone said that i should be called MiniPurple.....and its stuck ever since, simples Smile

#134: Re: How did you get your names? Author: KulamonsterLocation: PA PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm
    —
Just noticed that I have not posted in this thread yet!   I got my nickname "KULA" in college, which came from a truncation of my last name.  Most of my close friends and Fraternity Brothers from those days still call me Kula.  I also started doing some extreme power-lifting in college too, and that is where the "MONSTER" part got tacked onto my nickname.   (750lbs on the "lead sled" leg press and 2 of my Frat Bros sitting on the top of the machine as I cranked out reps yelling words that can't be mentioned in a Polite and Friendly atmosphere!!)   Needless to say when I started on-line gaming with Counter Strike Source, Kula was not available, so I went with Kulamonster!  Somehow things got messed up in BF2 and I could not use Kulamonster, so I went with Kulamonster3, but I have since returned to just Kulamonster with the COD series and BF3.  If you are talking to me on TS, you can just use Kula as my handle...or as some guys pronounce it Kahlua...LOL!

#135: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MMBreeze PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:58 pm
    —
I am retired from the NYPD after 20 yrs. of service and was active at 9/11.  When I was asked by some friends about how I felt after that I replied that if I was a piece of "Toast" you would be scraping all the black stuff off of me because I basically was burnt out and looking forward to retiring in 2003.  It also means that I raise a "Toast" to all my opponents and to my brothers in arms.

#136: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Nam-RangerLocation: GEORIGA, USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:13 pm
    —
HUh! Now I have no idea were I got it.......................lol

#137: Re: How did you get your names? Author: morguletLocation: MO. USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm
    —
i use to work at a haunted house called the main street morgue and the owner called all the actors morgulett's so and i shortened it to morg to make it easier on here

#138: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SixFour PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 pm
    —
Very simple.

My height

#139: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SadSack317 PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 pm
    —
I chose SadSack317 as I was looking through Air Force nose art and found the photo for Sad Sack and because of the old cartoon.  I am not a run and gun type player and found that laying in wait for an ambush (camper) was more to my liking.  Not to say I don’t like to tactically move about and kill the enemy as well.  LOL, I found SadSack appropriate as there are some who don’t like campers.  The number designation was for the 317th Tactical Airlift Group at Pope AFB which was my first assignment in the AF.  Happy Gaming All!

#140: Re: How did you get your names? Author: FlannoLocation: Newcastle, NSW, Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:51 pm
    —
Wow....This is such an old string with some great info about my clan buddies.  Well worth a read.
For my part, my name is easy.  In Australia, there is a tradition of truncating people's names, then putting an "O" at the end of it.  For example, if your family name is Johnson, you'll be called "Johnno".  Jackson becomes "Jacko", Simpson becomes "Simmo" etc.
My family name is Flanagan......I've been called Flanno by my mates since I was a kid.

#141: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Shoe PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 pm
    —
Well I got my name from a misfortune.

If you don't know, I am a handicap play.  I lost the use of my right hand back in 1998.  I can use the hand, but can only push one button at a time, I can't move my fingers easily.

A place I worked at in 2000 my buddies called me "Slippery Shoe" because I had to wear shoes that did not tie because I could not tie my shoes.

Yeah, kinda mean, but we were buds and it was ok.  From that I just ended up with the name Shoe.  

These were buds of mine who played the original DOD.

#142: Re: How did you get your names? Author: WatjalukinatLocation: Cincinnati PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:07 pm
    —
Well, saw this pop up guess I'll add mine.

When I first started playing games like on Carmen San Diego on Prodigy.net and Age of Empires online etc, my name was Beowulf
Well as games got more popular, especially rpgs etc, then the movies all came out it was hard to get that name first, and I REFUSE to add numbers to my name or bracket it with XxxX or anything like that

So in DDay:Normandy mod for Quake 2 my name was GenPATTON then Patton.

As to this name, idk but about 1995 when I was like 12 I was playing NHL or something on Sega probably, and created a whole team and wanted Russian sounding names and funny names

So I made
Watjalukinat
Hooyalukinat
Watjaduin

etc.

Watjalukinat (what ya lookin at) has stuck around with me for a while now.

I like sadsack's story, working on B52s I loved some of the nose art, my favorite was a plane tail number 1015, THe Last Laugh

#143: Re: How did you get your names? Author: TipsterLocation: Chilliwack B.C. PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 pm
    —
I got mine from the the two things I loved the most (other than my wife), my dog and my bike.

#144: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SilexxLocation: SRQ, FL PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:27 pm
    —
My name comes from the company I co-founded Silexx. It is Latin for hard stone. My old game name was ProHobo, because I was sort of a ProHobo - did a lot of traveling around the world and back-packing.

However, what IS interesting is what comes to my mind when I hear or read these names or where I thought they may have come from. Sorry - no offense.... These are only a few that I remember and that I see online when I play sometimes.

tet - when ever I see that name I think Tet Offensive. It's a war game and maybe he was a Vet or something and that's what I thought.
Orck - when ever I see this name I think of the computer in the BBC show Blake 7 (it was a SciFi show that had a computer called Orack) So I thought he was a Blake 7 fan.
LADYHAWK - the movie, which I really enjoyed of the same name, comes to mind.
Braxis - I keep hearing Santana when I see this name.
Reddragon - I think of the movie Year of the Dragon (cop movie)
Watjalukinat - remember that candy bar, whatchamacallit?
Luke - "Let's blow this thing and go home!"  I just seem him dressed as Luke from Star Wars sitting at his computer. Even his voice sometimes reminds me of him.
Twofour - I can't help but think  "twofer"
WannaB - really a wanna be (like a guy driving a Fiero that wishes it was a Ferrari)
CapZac - I think this guy is always capping the flag first.
Rifledan - I start saying to myself "This is my rife, this is my gun. This one's for shooting, this one's for fun." <- Full Metal Jacket
Karow - Karow station in Berlin. I think he is German because I have been to Karow.
Schmak - Drugs!
OldYeller - Dog lover!
Immolation - World of Warcraft Spell
Trimmer - A girl's nickname I use to date.

#145: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Delta33DevilLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:54 pm
    —
My name comes from some of my history and from a lack of good memory.  My brother and I went into the Army at the same time and were in the Delta 333 Devils company in basic training.  About 20 years ago I started using the name, but forgot there was three 3s, so I started using Delta33Devil, which is what I was using before BK got a hold of me on W@W.  Since adopting the tags I run with DeltaDev .

#146: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Luckstone PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:46 pm
    —
The first name i got was Thunderfoot which was a fusion of Thunderdome ( a big concert/party in the Netherlands ) and Bigfoot ( i got size 13 since i was 15 ). Now i play under the name Luckstone. Was created when i started to play Second Life...

#147: Re: How did you get your names? Author: SPECTERLocation: California PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:47 pm
    —
i got my name from a PS2 game called SOCOM u.s. navy seals SPECTER was the team leader and also the definition of specter is a visible incorporeal spirit, especially one of a terrifying nature; ghost; phantom; apparition.
so i though that was cool

#148: Re: How did you get your names? Author: BoltActionLocation: Albany, NewYork PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:19 pm
    —
I have used a TON of names. I was in a MOHAA clan and the Clan Leader wanted the "better" players to use the harder weapons because the server emptied when the good players dominated the new ones and "it gives new players a chance to have some fun". Sooooo I was encouraged to try a harder weapon, the KAR98 BOLTACTION Rifle. I got to like it sooo hence the name, BoltAction, which has been shortened to Bolt-BK- so the clan tags would fit Smile  NOW , in WAW  there are sooooo many good players I do not use the KAR98  as much because I get PWNED by all you great players out there (You know who you are). But I still like the name and TRY to run the KAR98, no scope, at times. Still like it :)

p.s. The name FootballGuy is probably what I SHOULD have used. Says it all Smile

#149: Re: How did you get your names? Author: StinkyFeetLocation: Queens, NY. PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:04 pm
    —
I used to play Counter-Strike from 2000-2001 or so.  During that time, I created two maps...de_tegea, and cs_ephyra.  I used the name 3DPunk because used to work as a 3D Architectural Illustrator, and
still freelance doing 3D work.  Where did I get the "Punk"?  Not sure...just seemed right at the time I guess.

#150: Re: How did you get your names? Author: hoseplugLocation: chesterfield mich PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:15 pm
    —
My name was very easy started playing on line when i retired so took the name from my  old job a retired firefighter.

#151: Re: How did you get your names? Author: ReinisLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 pm
    —
When I  first started gaming I kinda followed in my fathers footsteps, He was named Rasta, so he came up with the name, Dreadster

#152: Re: How did you get your names? Author: mindsawLocation: Dordrecht, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 pm
    —
only 2 names i've ever used. Tsunami and mindsaw. Is stoped with tsunami after the big one got Thailand and India. I thougt it wasn't appropriate anymore. Mindsaw is just a trackname on an old record i have somewhere........ Got it for almost 10 years now.....

#153: Re: How did you get your names? Author: JosarthuLocation: Kings Mountain, NC PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:27 pm
    —
Looking for a unique name that wasn't taken.  After a bit of fooling around, I decided to use my "real" name.   JOSephARTHUr.
It's a combination of my first and second given name.

#154: Re: How did you get your names? Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:53 pm
    —
I guess I can update mine:

Abram is my actual name. I was too lazy and unimaginative to think of something else. Yes - it's my actual, legal name, and the only one I've had. Not Abraham.

#155: Re: How did you get your names? Author: XBones PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:46 pm
    —
My name comes from a David Mann rendering called Skeleton Rider.  It was shorted for W@W to SkulRydr.

#156: Re: How did you get your names? Author: 13LegionLocation: Dyer,Indiana PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm
    —
I used a few different ones in BHD..mostly with Marine references..DesertRat,DesertVet,XIII, to name a few. When I started playing W@W I was 13th Legion. I chose that from the HBO series "ROME" Two of the main characters belonged to the XIII Legion. It was an actual highly decorated Roman Legion that ended up leading a march on Rome..The term" crossing the Rubicon"..if ya heard it before came from that.Having an Italian heritage as well as being a former Marine..I figured had I lived in that time era thats where I would of ended up!!

#157: Re: How did you get your names? Author: xVoodooLocation: New Brunswick, Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:35 pm
    —
Well, when I first started PC gaming about 13 years ago I started out with Voodoo Deathwish. The "Voodoo" is relevant to my past, and not as a voodoo practitioner   Shocked , but rather it is the name of the aircraft that I worked on when I was in the CDN Airforce with 416 SQN at Chatham AFB in New Brunswick. The CF 101 Voodoo and 416 SQN hold a special place in my life so it was only fitting that the name Voodoo comes alive. Now the Deathwish part was in memory of Charles Bronson (you young fellas might have to google that name  Wink ), but with most games that moniker was a bit too long so Deathwish got retired.

#158: Re: How did you get your names? Author: WatjalukinatLocation: Cincinnati PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:49 am
    —
hmm that's interesting, if I did that I'd either be Stratofortress or BUFF, and while I may fit the description I don't want to be known as a BUFF

#159: Re: How did you get your names? Author: 0311GRUNTLocation: NW Pennslyvania PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:54 pm
    —
well i have only gamed under two  names,  Meat and 0311Grunt.
Meat was a nickname given to me by some of my fellow marines as i stood 6 foot and 205 lbs while in the service which as some as you know is considered over weight bythe standards but anywho my first gaming name was Meat.
And when the clan I help start disbanded I stopped using the name Meat and went to my my MOS 0311 and slapped grunt on the back of it since rifleman and bullet sponge was to long Smile

#160: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Thumper-Location: Dallas, Tx. PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm
    —
Most people really think that I took my name from the Disney character but that's really not the case here. It  come to me after hearing a mg on a plane that I was building out in a flying game called "Crimson Skies". It had a thump- thump- thump sound and it just kinda stuck with me.  This was my first online game that I needed a game name in and that was around 2000.  Now....the rest of the story! Razz

#161: Re: How did you get your names? Author: MouseLocation: Monaca, PA PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:29 pm
    —
My dad calls me O.C. and has since I was a little kid. I thought about using it and I have in the past. When I started playing BF3 my daughter was 3 and she loves Mickey Mouse. So I was talking to myself I guess and I was pondering a name for this game and she kept saying " mouse daddy mouse ", Funny part is she wanted to watch the Disney channel. So I decided to keep the name now I use it, dad still calls me O.C. that will never change and that is another story.

#162: Re: How did you get your names? Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:08 pm
    —
@Mouse...Haha...talking to yourself...imagine that!!!

As for me...I used to collect a LOT of Tazmanian Devil Looney Tunes character stuff...that just stuck!!!

Taz

#163: Re: How did you get your names? Author: GroundTrooperLocation: Union, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:06 am
    —
Back in the day when America's Army game  (http://www.americasarmy.com)  1st came out. Which if you have not heard of it, was around when MOH AA or Spearhead came out or the 1st COD game. And I had a basement set up with 4 pc's on cable back then. I would play with my sons and father and friends when they came over. And my sons wanted to be in a clan, so we came  out with GroundTrooper for me, XtremeTrooper for my youngest son, SwampTrooper for the oldest boy an GearpaTrooper for my dad. We would all join a server and people would say "Oh no it's the Trooper Clowns again." LOL        And that is why I'm a GroundTrooper,  not a cop.

#164: Re: How did you get your names? Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:25 am
    —
Thumper, you played CrimsonSkies? I did also, cool flying game. Wore out 2 joysticks!!
Considering I was born on the 4th of July, what other name could I use.

#165: Re: How did you get your names? Author: mulbarryLocation: Timmins, Ontario PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:55 am
    —
I have used spanky and rhino and when I retired I wanted some of the students I pay against to know who I was so first three initials of my last name and my first name MulBarry.

#166: Re: How did you get your names? Author: ScattersLocation: Sydney/ Australia PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:09 am
    —
Well the boys and I went on a pub crawl. We visited 7 pubs, drank and agreed to play $5.00 each in the pokies. At each pub, I played the pokies and hit Scattered Aces on each machine. So the boys started calling me  Scattered Aces. It was shortened to Scatters over time.

#167: Re: How did you get your names? Author: plainclothesLocation: Loveland, Colorado & Gray Maine PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:08 pm
    —
When thinking of a name I went back to my days in the Army and came up with Plainclothes because for much of my service I was a member of a plainclothes MP unit stationed at Fort Bragg. Listed as a civilian, lived of base and never saw the company area or officers. A good gig back in 1968!

#168: Re: How did you get your names? Author: shaneHLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 pm
    —
Mine is my first name and first letter of my last name.

#169: Re: How did you get your names? Author: JPSnuffy PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:42 pm
    —
From my first time working as a network Admin. We needed a test user for applying new policies so I suggested 'Joseph P Snuffy'. After I left that job I took the name, shortened it and started using it as my online moniker. I use it online as well as a nickname when I play disc golf.

Bad Karma -> Recreation Room

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1