Video Card
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: Video Card Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:55 pm
    —
I find it quite strange that when I play "Older" games, my fan speed for my two GTX 560ti runs Very high. It keeps everything cool which is Great. But when I play the latest games out there, my fan speed stays at lower speeds because that's all  it needs.  Why is this??

Thank You.

#2: Re: Video Card Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:52 am
    —
How "old" are we talking? I may expect games 10 years old to do that..

In any case, I have to suggest a handy program called "MSI AFerburner" which you can use to make custom fan curves for your cards, together od individually. I tend to keep the slowest speed higher than idle so that it starts to cool a little quicker when the cards start their business. I actually end up with a lower load temperature than i would using the default settings.  It may also be handy for you to keep your top card cooler, sicne they tend to be the warmer ones.

This program over-rides your Nvidia drivers, so the fan behaviour shouldstay normal, no matter what you run.

#3: Re: Video Card Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:34 am
    —
The older Games that I'm speaking of are Far Cry,  Riddick: Butcher Bay and the other game that comes with it. I find if I run games under 2009 I'll get that effect. About a program for my fan use I have on. It's the Evga Persecution Tool. I set it on Auto so when the temp rises the fan increases automatically.  It just "Strange" to hear my fans at top speed playing older games....

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1