Crucial Ballistix RAM
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Product Reviews

#1: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: timboLocation: Plainview, TX PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:15 am
    —
Installing 32 GB's of these babies tonight.

Review later.

#2: Re: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:51 am
    —
Why on earth would you need 32gb? Unless you run heavy folding alongside renders and encoders while play games, there's no way you'll use it. By the time one does require 32gb, the rest of the hardware will be too dated to bother with.

Not trying to criticise you, really. It's your money, so do what you wish - I really DO want to know.

#3: Re: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:58 am
    —

Abram wrote (View Post):

Why on earth would you need 32gb? Unless you run heavy folding alongside renders and encoders while play games, there's no way you'll use it. By the time one does require 32gb, the rest of the hardware will be too dated to bother with.

Not trying to criticise you, really. It's your money, so do what you wish - I really DO want to know.

Because why not?  Personally though I tend to run with 16gb.  Only because I am too cheap to buy more.

#4: Re: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: Silent_WolfLocation: Loveland, Colorado PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:10 am
    —
Having alot of memory is nice, but Im running with 8GB of memory and I havent maxed that out.  If you run too much memory that isnt being used, you are just spending power that you are wasting.

#5: Re: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: SPECTERLocation: California PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 am
    —
I have 12GB i upgraded to 12 from 8 when i managed to max out 8 although i was running VIM playing a game and hosting a TS/COD4 server on the same computer at the same time

#6: Re: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: timboLocation: Plainview, TX PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:48 am
    —
Well I don't need it I guess.  But I wanted  these new tactical versions and I already had 16 gb, so why upgrade new ram and keep the same size?

Also, windows 7 64 bit has max ram of 192 gb,   32 doesnt sound all that overboard.
Alienwares top end gaming pcs come with 32 gb

Finally,   The 16 gb set of two was only  a little bit more than the 8 gb set of two.

Btw, got 16 gb of corsairs for sell.

#7: Re: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:47 pm
    —
For sale, eh? What specific model?

#8: Re: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: timboLocation: Plainview, TX PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:16 pm
    —
Corsair
DDR 3
1600 MHz
(4)   4 GB sticks

#9: Re: Crucial Ballistix RAM Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:29 am
    —
Okay, but what are the actual, specific model numbers?

Bad Karma -> Product Reviews

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1