So I made a thing
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: So I made a thing Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:23 am
    —

I use this computer for litecoin mining/htpc.  The Card is an HIS Radeon HD 7950.  There is a fairly hefty overclock on it of 1075/1500.  So my temps easily hit 80+ while mining.  Trying to keep those temperatures down so I pulled it out of a HAF 912 and stuck it all in these crates.  A box fan sits on top and seems to help a bit.  I am thinking though once summer rolls around I will have to drop the overclocks completely.

#2: Re: So I made a thing Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:37 am
    —
Do you have an additional ground on that? Those crate like to build up static.

#3: Re: So I made a thing Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:29 am
    —
I'm not a computer wiz by any stretch, in fact I had my computer designed and built buy kids with glasses...........but my thinking is that the more you spread out the heat sources apart, the cooler things will be.

#4: Re: So I made a thing Author: GroundTrooperLocation: Union, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:02 am
    —
Get a old working fridge and put that inside and turn it down real cold. I bet that would keep that crate pc chilling and u can have some cold soda to boot.

#5: Re: So I made a thing Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 am
    —
Updated

Temps are loads better.  Eventually I should have some pci-e risers in from China so I can zip tie the video cards to the shelves above them for even better spacing/air flow.

#6: Re: So I made a thing Author: SKULLY86 PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 am
    —
that's just way more then I would ever do lol but that is cool I give you that

#7: Re: So I made a thing Author: km580Location: Bear Creek Pa. PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:30 pm
    —
Just curious, what is litecoin mining? Also have you though about liquid cooling. I did it on my latest rig and it made a huge difference.

#8: Re: So I made a thing Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:52 pm
    —

km580 wrote (View Post):

Just curious, what is litecoin mining? Also have you though about liquid cooling. I did it on my latest rig and it made a huge difference.

http://litecoin.org/

Liquid cooling can be a hassle.  Not worth it imo unless the gpu comes with it to begin with.  All three cards are currently at 100% load, fan speeds ranging from 57% to 80% and nothing is over 74C at the moment.  I still have an 1100/1500 overclock on the 7950 and it is doing just fine.

#9: Re: So I made a thing Author: VenocideLocation: Carbondale, Illinois. USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:01 pm
    —
Hey Tet, could you give us a full feature review and "how to" on the whole Litecoin process? I think many of us would find it really interesting.

#10: Re: So I made a thing Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:40 am
    —
That's pretty cool!! Nice and easy to clean or change out the parts too.

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1