Mic.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: Mic. Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:50 am
    —
Hello All..
Yep, It seems that I'm unable to get my "Mic" to work. Every time I select "Recording" to set up the Mic, I always get this message....."The Wizard could not start.....check audio config & audio device, sounds and themes". No I have not enabled any type of "Sound Themes", and I have checked my "Audio Config"..(Control Panel/Sound) and everything is set to GO. But for some odd reason, it just will not configure my mic....Suggestions, Ideas??

Thank You.

#2: Re: Mic. Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:07 am
    —
Make sure it's plugged in to the right jack, turned on (if it has its' own switch), it's enabled in Control Panel - Sounds - Recording Devices, the capture volume is up, and it's set to use a bitrate compatible with your audio device. (right click - Properties in Sounds - Recording tab). On that Recording tab where your devices are listed, the little bars should fill with green if your mic is on and getting any input, so yell at it to see if it does.

In TS, skip the wizard and go straight to Settings  Options - Capture, and select your device from there. Leaving the Mode on Audio usually works fine.

#3: Re: Mic. Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 am
    —
Thank you for the info. What I did was go into my "Accessories" and clicked on the "Sound Recorder". Everything worked like a charm. So I suppose the next time on on TS you'll all hear me......... Very Happy

#4: Re: Mic. Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:00 pm
    —
Good deal. I would also say that firmware updates can be improtant too if you have anything other than a normal mic. But and I have found this is especially true with sound card or sound software updates it will reset your settings when updated and you may have to change them back to what you had that made it work before the update.

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1