Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War installs.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> CoD:WaW(5)

#1: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War installs. Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:29 pm
    —
EvenBalance - the creators of Punkbuster - have dropped support for World at War and many other games, I've pulled together the necessary files for a new W@W install so we can still play multiplayer with a newly installed game.

Be sure World at War is installed.

Download and run this file below. It will install or reinstall the Punkbuster program, and at the end of the install process it will test the Services it uses. If any test fails, see the Troubleshooting section.

Link: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Then download and unzip this file to your World at War install folder (the folder that contains CoDWaWmp.exe)

Default install folders:
Non-Steam version: \Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\
Steam Version: \Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamspps\Common\Call of Duty - World at War\

Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/?l6m2gutdx846pqu

Self-extracting .zip, for those having trouble with placing this PB folder -->
NOTE: for users with Windows 32bit, use \Program Files\, instead of \Program Files (x86)\, if applicable.

Windows 32-bit users:

Non-Steam version
http://www.wsgfmedia.com/Abram/World at War PB non-Steam 32bit.exe

Steam Version
http://www.wsgfmedia.com/Abram/World at War PB Steam 32bit.exe

Keep in mind that these self-extracting file assumes the game is installed on your C: drive

Windows 64-Bit users

Steam version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/tc8pjx3k15rxa6j/Punkbuster_for_WaW_-_Steam_version.exe
Non-Steam version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/icvedc81vmbyotw/Punkbuster_for_WaW_-_non_steam_version.exe
 (Extracts to default install folder. Simply run it and click Extract, overwrite all existing files)

Troubleshooting:

"Some of these files are detected as a virus by my AV program! What gives?"
These are False Positives. this is common with compressed files containing .dll and .exe files. I assure you, they are safe.

"The pbsvc.exe tests fail!"
Reinstall PB using that setup file.

"PB installed okay, but is still get the PB_INIT_FAILURE message!"
This means that either your PB files are copied tot he wrong location, or that PB Windows Services are not running. To check your services, Click your Windows button (or tap Winkey once) and type in "Services", or type "services.msc" into Run dialogue box.
On the services window that comes up, sort them by Name by clicking the top of the Name column, and look for "PnkbstrA" and "PnkBstrB". Right-click any you find and to to Properties. On the pull-down menu, select "Automatic", and restart your computer.
Then try the game again. There is little consistency in whether or not PnkBstrB is required as a 24/7 service, and PnkBstrA is. Whichever are listed, set it to Automatic. If not, it's okay, and PnkbstrA will start the PnkbstrB service on its' own. If the services are not present in the Services window at all, reinstall PB. If that doesn't work, your two files are likely corrupted. You can find and delete them from C:\Windows\System32\, and run the PB installser again.
(Be VERY careful when altering files in that folder; changing the wrong file can cause great headache)

All other PunkBuster files for other legacy (Punkbuster-depreciated) games can be found here: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/files/legacy-punkbuster-files-cat7.html

Last edited by Abram on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:50 pm; edited 38 times in total

#2: Re: Working Punkbuster files, right here. Author: HuemanFossilLocation: Colorado / Texas PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:36 am
    —
Yes! Thank you. This fixed the game for me.

I would recommend that users backup their original PB files first.

Thank you again Abram.

#3: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: archstantonLocation: missouri PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:34 am
    —
Thanks for posting this Abram this helped me a bunch

#4: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: SSMajorKoenigLocation: Chicago, Il by Wrigleyfield PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:58 am
    —
Solution just upgrade and get bf4 Shocked  Shocked

#5: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: ARRGGHHHLocation: Ohio PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:08 am
    —
Thanks Abrams

#6: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:24 am
    —
No sweat,  ArrgggSSS.....

#7: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:44 pm
    —
I figured it out in the end and hopefully its ok now Smile thanks!

#8: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: FallGuy_2Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:52 am
    —
Hi

I downloaded the first program, uninstalled the PB service using the program and then reinstalled the service. I then downloaded the 2nd file and ran the executable. It seems like it copied and dropped in all the World of War files into a sub folder (making copies?). Not sure if I did this correctly. I still get booted because of PB.

#9: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: FallGuy_2Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:53 am
    —
2nd pic

#10: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: FallGuy_2Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:54 am
    —
3rd pic

#11: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: FallGuy_2Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 am
    —
4th pic

#12: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: FallGuy_2Location: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:56 am
    —
5th pic

#13: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:44 am
    —
Wow, a gallery Smile there is an edit button.

Just extract that pb.zip to your \Call of Duty - World at War\ folder, and overwrite the old one. Alternatively, extract the individual files in to the existing \pb\ folder.

You want it to appear as such (ignoring the Steam folder, just note the folder within the W@W folder) :

PS - if anyone is interested in a that lovely, dark, Aero-compatible Windows theme, you can get it here: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/33505-Midnight-Glass-Desaturated

#14: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:00 am
    —
Awesome TY!! I don't need it but a lot of people do!

#15: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:06 am
    —
We should keep this up top for W@W Players that have problems and are directed to our website.

#16: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: Snap71Location: Annapolis, MD PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:10 pm
    —
Super thanks. Also I don't understand other clans dropping it. It's not like we all still can't kick ban cheaters.

#17: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: spacepiggio PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:24 pm
    —
Thanks for the fix, it worked for W@W but not COD 4, how do I add it to COD 4?

#18: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:15 am
    —
I'll dig up the files and add it to the first post.  I even thought about doing so from the start. Fortunately,  the process is the same.

EDIT: Done. check bottom of first post. Please let me know if they work, as I don't have COD4 installed and could not test it.

As it turns out, PB dropped support for about 10 older games such as Far Cry 2, Quake 4, and more. I found a place to download the latest PB files fro ALL the games they decided to drop, so if there's interest, I can post it.

#19: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:09 am
    —

Abram wrote (View Post):

I'll dig up the files and add it to the first post.  I even thought about doing so from the start. Fortunately,  the process is the same.

EDIT: Done. check bottom of first post. Please let me know if they work, as I don't have COD4 installed and could not test it.

As it turns out, PB dropped support for about 10 older games such as Far Cry 2, Quake 4, and more. I found a place to download the latest PB files fro ALL the games they decided to drop, so if there's interest, I can post it.

I'd suggest grabbing and posting them all.  Possibly also get them up on archive.org as a public service.

#20: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:42 pm
    —
That sounds good!

#21: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:07 pm
    —
Ah, PB Bans already has them: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/files/legacy-punkbuster-files-cat7.html

One big Legacy Files collection, but COD5 isn't included in it yet. It's a separate download.

#22: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 am
    —
The Fix for world at war for those that need it, ty Abram

#23: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:05 am
    —
We should keep this up on front page, people keep asking for it, plus it's bringing more people to the website.

#24: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:33 am
    —
If we can, help the other people that keep getting kicked for not having the fix, I'm doing my best to direct them to our website.

#25: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:14 am
    —
I made a bind saying,  "PB INIT FAILURE"?  Get the fix at at politeandfriendly.com,  or come into Teamspeak."

Any time i see Badkon chatter about players asking why PB kicks them,  I'll pop in and spam that bind a few times.

As i said above,  the files can also be found at pbbans,  but i figure it'd  be better to direct folks to us.

Just looked at the download count for those Mediafire links.  The cod4 files have twice as many  downloads as the cod5 ones.  :/  While the ts3 Overlay is almost at 700. Top bad i cannot get  a count for the wsgf links. Still,   that's pretty telling,  and a bit surprising.

#26: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:07 am
    —
Punkbuster Walkthrough on youtube, this will help you fix your issues.

First LInk, try this first! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8nyRoLSvUA
The File for PB files for this fix. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ne6pv58i5gm1315/pbsetup%2Blegacy.rar

Second Link, do this if the first one didn't work.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaU0ky37p-8
Files for newest PB fix and instruction.  http://www.mediafire.com/download/sdifopf7v91bc9p/codwaw_win32.zip

Hope this helps, it's a lot more simple than people think!!  Very Happy

#27: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:44 am
    —
I think we all  should make a key bind saying something like " Need help with Punkbuster or W@W? check our Forums at politeandfriendly.com" i have. when i see people getting PB kicked, i will be popping it.
and thanks Badshot for the new vid's.

#28: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 am
    —
Bump. A lot of people have been having trouble as to where they have to extract the PB files. I created a self-extracting .zip that will automatically install them to the correct default location.

#29: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: TimberbeastWacoLocation: Waco Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:47 pm
    —
Great job Abram,
this was long over due. Can we place it at the bottom of the home page so new folks can see what we are all about to get there link?
This is a great recruiting tool.
Good Job

#30: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:02 pm
    —
That's easy peasy. Thx Abram.

#31: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:30 pm
    —
Added the self-extracing .zip for non_steam users. Sorry i neglected you peoples. Also re-wrote it and added troubleshooting.

#32: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:21 pm
    —
Great Abram, i also think this need a bump

#33: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:58 am
    —
Love it, Love it, keep spreading the word!

#34: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 pm
    —
Bump

#35: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: KarmaLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:12 pm
    —
Thanks, ever helpful as always Abram.

Guys, I used the second link option (http://www.wsgfmedia.com/Abram/pbsvc.exe) and it took 5 minutes and I'm back in W@W. Easy  Laughing

Cheers,

Karma K

#36: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: JungleGeorgeLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:10 pm
    —
I'm having trouble with the PB fix. The pbcl.log file last entry reads"PunkBuster Reports PB Server Running Old Version C2.136"

The problem appears to be with 32 bit machines.

#37: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:36 am
    —
Yes,  i neglected to add files for 32bit  Windows.  Same process,  but the files go into /Program Files/,  not /Program   Files (86)/. I will try to remember to add effort they first post tonight. Editing on my phone is a pain in the buh-tox. Thanks goes to Pinner for bringing this to light.

Mea culpa.

#38: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: GryphLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:05 am
    —
I have used both update links and my PB is up to date but I'm still getting booted by PB and I have a 64-bit Win machine. What is causing all this? I have never had a PB issue till today.

#39: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:23 am
    —
What is the exact error message you are receiving?

#40: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: GryphLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:46 am
    —
"PB Init Failure" is all it says.

#41: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:43 am
    —
Either the services aren't running or are corrupted,  or the files are in the wrong spot.

#42: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: nanoLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 pm
    —
This has worked for me.

-nano

#43: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: bigconnLocation: Gastonia, North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:50 pm
    —
bump

#44: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 pm
    —
About time for another Bump i think. There seems to be more PB Kicks at the moment.  Sad

#45: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: CrapsLocation: Dallas PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:13 pm
    —
I see alot of this.....what is bump?

#46: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: Natb1Location: Fairview Heights IL PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:25 pm
    —
that is to bring the page back up

#47: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:32 pm
    —
Apparently an  acronym for "Bring Up My Post".  Just a way to get a forum thread to the top of the new Threads list,  without actually contributing. But  one could argue  that the bump itself,  it's a contribution...

Although this definition is accurate,  I'm guessing the "acronym" came before  the term.  Internet lingo is a strange beast.

#48: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: xVoodooLocation: New Brunswick, Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:02 am
    —
A "BUMP" is where you make a post to bring a previous topic back to the "current topics" so that the info can be updated, re-read, or simply made available because it was buried among older topics.

#49: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:11 pm
    —
Nice, the origins of the good old fashion Bump. I love it.

These messages have been brought to you by the letters "B", "u", "m" and the number "p".

#50: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:23 am
    —
Bump

#51: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: maddforitLocation: Newcastle upon Tyne PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:38 am
    —
thx for the fix to codwaw with pb folder

#52: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:18 am
    —
Just a Bump

#53: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:33 am
    —
Bump

Bad Karma -> CoD:WaW(5)

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1