Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU VOTE)
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous1234  :| |:
Bad Karma -> CoD:WaW(5)
Should we drop Punkbuster in W@W
Yes
76%
 76%  [ 35 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

#46: Re: Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU V Author: TimberbeastWacoLocation: Waco Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:05 pm
    —

Firecrackr1 wrote (View Post):

I also reinstalled the game and still can not connect to on line services.

I had the same prob. with steam update, i told steam not to update the wow files, no prom has arisen from a del pb files, reinstall pb from the sticky.

I vote to keep PB

#47: Re: Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU V Author: Snap71Location: Annapolis, MD PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:10 pm
    —
I think we can spot and deal with hackers I'm going to vote get rid of it.

#48: Re: Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU V Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:01 am
    —
Both CombatWombat and Mouse are 100% on the money in what they said.
Membership up? or Workload and frustration up? i need say no more?. No

#49: Re: Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU V Author: ags463Location: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:10 pm
    —
BadKon and WAW

BadKon depends on Punkbuster being installed to be able to communicate with the server on a real time basis.
Without it, BadKon will need a re-write for the WAW section, and I'm not sure what  we might lose.
Short term (and maybe long term) WAW would have to be managed using the rcon tool instead of BadKon if we drop Punkbuster.

ags463

#50: Re: Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU V Author: SuniGunz PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:27 pm
    —
no badkon then I vote punk buster and train some of the guys who play it how to walk the unknowing through the steps to install it right

#51: Re: Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU V Author: BadshotLocation: Lincoln/Nebraska/USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:49 pm
    —
Might as well keep it, all they have to do is a quick search how to fix it and that's it, no reason to get rid of it.

#52: Re: Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU V Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:10 pm
    —
I suspect the would some inherit distrust of a server without PB running,  particularly for new players.

Bad Karma -> CoD:WaW(5)

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous1234  :| |:
Page 4 of 4