Need Suggestions on Two different Video Cards (Evga)
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: Need Suggestions on Two different Video Cards (Evga) Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:13 pm
    —
I'm currently looking at the "evga geforce gtx760 superclocked w/evga acx cooler 2gb ddr5 256bit" , and the "EVGA GeForce GTX760 FTW with ACX Cooler 4GB GDDR5 256Bit  04G-P4-3768-KR". I understand that the 4gog model is around 309.00, while the other 2gig card is 250.00. Suggestions, Ideas??

Thank You,

#2: Re: Need Suggestions on Two different Video Cards (Evga) Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:25 am
    —
4gb. If using a single screen, you currently likely won't fill up 2gb anytime soon unless you really crank the anti-aliasing, but the headroom is nice.

Don't worry about the clock speeds. "Superclocked" cards simply have a factory overclock, a process no different from teh user doing i them selves. Also make sure you have a capable PSU ad that your case has the room. EVGA is a great company; their support is excellent, and their lovely warranties fully support overclocking and cooler replacement. They also have (well did, when i had mine) a neat trade-up orogram.

#3: Re: Need Suggestions on Two different Video Cards (Evga) Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:48 am
    —
760 with the 4g.

#4: Re: Need Suggestions on Two different Video Cards (Evga) Author: MisterDLocation: Scorched, AZ PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:42 am
    —
I have the EVGA GTX 760 SC with the dual fans 2gb version and paired with my FX8350 it runs quite well. I only have one monitor.

#5: Re: Need Suggestions on Two different Video Cards (Evga) Author: three6Location: Edmonton, Alberta PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:40 am
    —
like abram said, if ur using a single monitor at 1080p res. take the 2gb card. if you plan to game @ higher res get the 4gb card.  Also most "stock" 760's will reach the "superclocked speeds". unless u get a crappy gpu.

ASUS Radeon R9 270X is in that price range and will support mantel and free sync .

#6: Re: Need Suggestions on Two different Video Cards (Evga) Author: TwoFourLocation: Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:50 pm
    —
EVGA all the way...

#7: Re: Need Suggestions on Two different Video Cards (Evga) Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:17 pm
    —
Thank you all for your suggestions. I only have One Monitor, and the 2gig is about 70.00 dollars less than the 4gig. But I'm thinking about the future "Games" that will be coming out that I might need to utilize the 4gigs. And yes, EVGA is GREAT. Everything in my system is evga except for the sound card.

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1