blu-ray playing software
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: blu-ray playing software Author: mr-t PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:41 pm
    —
hey everyone
i have a blu-ray rw in my system and i have a couple of bluray film but i dont have any software to watch them on window media player does not work. so does anyone have any suggestions for any free software to watch my film with.

#2: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: MitezLocation: Preston, Lancshire, UK PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:54 pm
    —
Im sure blu-ray players work on the below video programs. Try the MPC-HC.

VLC: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
MPC-HC: http://mpc-hc.org/downloads/

Didn't require any further configurations.

#3: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:29 am
    —
Although I use MPC and VLC for my compressed videos, I use Total Media Theatre 5 for my Blu-rays. It just looks better, and has an easier time with the DTS-MA signals. But for discs I own, I use AnyDVD HD and Handbrake to rip them to a .mkv file and shove them onto my HTPC.

#4: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:41 pm
    —
I have no idea what Abram just said.   Laughing

#5: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: astro7730Location: Peterborough, Ontario Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:45 pm
    —
we kno Reg we kno

#6: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:50 am
    —

Abram wrote (View Post):

Although I use MPC and VLC for my compressed videos, I use Total Media Theatre 5 for my Blu-rays. It just looks better, and has an easier time with the DTS-MA signals. But for discs I own, I use AnyDVD HD and Handbrake to rip them to a .mkv file and shove them onto my HTPC.

.... and the English version is?

#7: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:18 am
    —
The translation is: I found TMT5 to be the best choice, overall.

I can go into more convoluted detail, if you prefer.

#8: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: HawkeyeLocation: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:01 pm
    —

ReginaRifles wrote (View Post):

I have no idea what Abram just said.   Laughing

Reg, he said this: "Although I use MPC and VLC for my compressed videos, I use Total Media Theatre 5 for my Blu-rays. It just looks better, and has an easier time with the DTS-MA signals. But for discs I own, I use AnyDVD HD and Handbrake to rip them to a .mkv file and shove them onto my HTPC"

lol

#9: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:30 pm
    —
Heh.  Naw,  ripping them is way to go.  Smaller,  only the audio tracks you want,  and all in a single file.  I find it faster to first rip it with imgburn  and a program such ss Anydvd to get around the copy protection.  Then rip from that image.  Www. Videohelp.Com/convert/ has many great guides with purdy pictures. I rip all discs as soon ai open them,  and put them in  storage.

#10: Re: blu-ray playing software Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:18 am
    —
Laughing Thanks for the translation!!!!!

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1