MS Ending XP support on April 8
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: MS Ending XP support on April 8 Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:00 pm
    —
http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/archive/2014/03/03/new-windows-xp-data-transfer-tool-and-end-of-support-notifications.aspx

I'm pretty sure this is irrelevant to most, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of  - and gave friendly mocking to - at least a few BK still using it. So if you want to update, your last chance is nigh. But do yourself a favour and get Windows 7. It's at elast as easy on resources as XP, and the 64 support is far better, supports Directx 10, 11, 11.1, etc.

#2: Re: MS Ending XP support on April 8 Author: DEADFISHLocation: West Coast PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:40 pm
    —
Guess all the hold out businesses will be switching soon.

#3: Re: MS Ending XP support on April 8 Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 pm
    —
I'm one of the mocked and ostracised:-(.

#4: Re: MS Ending XP support on April 8 Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 pm
    —
I had a home server running XP. It was my old gaming PC that I hooked up to the TV and used as a file server. Just about a month ago I replaced it with a old laptop.

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1