GD6000 computer
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: GD6000 computer Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:22 pm
    —
Need a little help. Has anyone ever replaced the memory on the board of a GD60000 computer? We have several at the department and need to upgrade the memory.  We are going to upgrade to 4 GB in each slot. The external will be easy but not sure how hard it will be for the slot on the board. Is it something i can do or is it best left to our IT contractor? Any info would be appreciated.

#2: Re: GD6000 computer Author: mr-t PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:29 pm
    —
I would say leave it to the contractor as if something goes wrong it's their responsible and money to fix it. Also I would make sure the board support what your wanting to put in as well as your os and software

#3: Re: GD6000 computer Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:56 pm
    —
Thanks mr-t. I do have the spes on the memory so Im good on that end. Just wasnt sure it was something simple i could do myself as far asputting it in.

#4: Re: GD6000 computer Author: bigconnLocation: Gastonia, North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:59 pm
    —
GD6000 ?  who is Manufacturer?  Itronix / General Dynamics?

#5: Re: GD6000 computer Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:05 pm
    —
Contact the manufacturer to see if they can send you a service manual.

#6: Re: GD6000 computer Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:34 pm
    —
Yes, general dynamics. I doubt they will do that otherwise they wont be able to charge for the work. I already contacted them about the memory.

#7: Re: GD6000 computer Author: bigconnLocation: Gastonia, North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:51 pm
    —
if you want I can see if we have the "manuals"  I think we have some 6000s and many many 8000s

#8: Re: GD6000 computer Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:37 pm
    —
bigcon if you could do that I would appreciate it. I may still send it to the IT guys but at least I will be able to see how it works and if it's not that difficult I may still do it myself. Thanks.

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1