DayZ
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Ideas for BKs Next Game

#1: DayZ Author: Ret1957 PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 pm
    —
Have we considered a different game style? I see that there are manageble DayZ servers available for rent. they aren't cheap though....

#2: Re: DayZ Author: Natb1Location: Fairview Heights IL PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:30 pm
    —
Dayz might be hard to play as "BK" what rules are we gonna make and the map  is soo big

#3: Re: DayZ Author: Ret1957 PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 pm
    —

Natb1 wrote (View Post):

Dayz might be hard to play as "BK" what rules are we gonna make and the map  is soo big

Well that's why it would be a change for BK- but other clans play those kind of games a lot. We could make it work if we wanted to.

#4: Re: DayZ Author: Natb1Location: Fairview Heights IL PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:59 pm
    —
idk if im rlly interested in that as a *BK* member

#5: Re: DayZ Author: Ret1957 PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 am
    —
Game Servers DayZ page

#6: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:40 am
    —
I like it a lot, but I don't think it's up for being 'officially' supported by BK. I know many members have it, but Iv'e yet to play with anyone else other than folks from CID. Teaming up and raiding a town is pretty fun stuff. But yes, it easy for the game mechanicals to bring out the sociopath in people: hold a guy up, handcuff him, take off his pants, force feed him drain cleaner, take or destroy all his gear, shoot him in the leg, and leave him to slowly die. Alternatively, it's easy enough to find a 'bambie' (fresh spawn) and help them out by giving them a weapon and some water an food. But it's best to give them an empty weapon and drop the ammo elsewhere. I found that out the hard way when I gave a guy a rifle and ammo, and the pecker shot me in the back as I left...

#7: Re: DayZ Author: HappyLocation: Alexandria, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:07 am
    —
LOL, yup Abram, isn't it fun????
I wish we had a BK server, I also haven't played with any clan mates either. But it is like Arma, not what BK is use to plus survival can be a beast.

#8: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:55 pm
    —
I just started playing yesterday and while it may not be a BK type game, it is a game that requires teamwork and communication. As of right now there is no global chat to speak on, so nothing to watch for there. But it could always be added in the future and could be policed then. This game takes patience because the map is beyond huge and there are only 40 max on a server. My first experience was running and running and running and then dying of dehydration. Not the best start. There is no hitting 'm' for map though you can find maps as a loot item. There's also an app for that Smile as one person I came across suggested I download to my real phone. There are no in game objections to take, no capture the flag. This is purely an open world survival game. There is a learning curve as I am finding out. I just kind of jumped into gameplay just looking for movement and interaction controls but if you don't know how to raise your hands at gunpoint, some may not be as helpful as the first person I met and be like the last person I met. He shot me in the head. Like Abram mentioned, I'm sure it would be more fun teaming up and rummaging through a city together.

#9: Re: DayZ Author: Prototype PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:07 pm
    —
I would play

#10: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:45 am
    —
I am playing. Mod previously, Stand Alone as of today.

#11: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:33 am
    —
Spawn, find loot, die of thirst/hunger. Spawn, find loot, die of thirst/hunger.

Oh what I wouldn't give for a simple can opener.

#12: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:10 am
    —
It takes a looong time to die of thirst.  Spam,  stock to the treeline,head to the east coast,  and go north until you see the crane.  They building will have  a bag and an axe.  The town has lots of food.  There's also some water on the way. Heading straight north from the crane gets you to the s hool  which will always spawn a gun.

Cans can be opened with any axe,  bayonet, knife,  or screwdriver.  On  the experimental servers,  you can fish and hunt.

This is another great reason to play with friends; they can help you with gear when you spawn.

#13: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:23 am
    —
Machetes work as well, as I have found out.

#14: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:13 am
    —
Naturally now that I have been told I don't even need a can opener I find one.

#15: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:47 pm
    —
I'll be happy when they fix the AI for the zombies. They are relentless and will follow you, forever it seems. Plus they go through closed doors, walls, etc. That city that Abram mentioned is packed with items but be careful. It is not far from the airfield and one player told me that experienced players like to head over to the city and hunt noobs.

#16: Re: DayZ Author: Natb1Location: Fairview Heights IL PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:51 pm
    —
btw. Dayz. i have the Arma version not the steam version

#17: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:48 pm
    —

Foolkiller wrote (View Post):

I'll be happy when they fix the AI for the zombies. They are relentless and will follow you, forever it seems. Plus they go through closed doors, walls, etc. That city that Abram mentioned is packed with items but be careful. It is not far from the airfield and one player told me that experienced players like to head over to the city and hunt noobs.

With you on the zombie AI. Though they can't go up stairs so if I have to I will head for a two story building. Sometimes they will glitch out and get stuck in the walls.  So basically it feels like you are forced to use a glitch/broken mechanic to prevent a glitch/broken mechanic.

#18: Re: DayZ Author: Ret1957 PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:31 pm
    —
I got the game over the weekend, and have played about an hour... all of it in the rain. Doe it ever stop raining??? Only ran into one zombie so far, and it killed me. I guess i should have read the key bindings first... I can see how the game is ripe for people being jerks. Starting off with nothing makes you pretty defenseless. And the nights can seem endless. But still, the game looks interesting. Finding a rifle or a bat, or a rotten banana or soda, the constant concerns about finding food, water, weapons... It could be a time sink.

#19: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:02 pm
    —
There are servers that are 24/7 daylight. When it rains I tend to stay inside.  If you need to fight a zombie, best way I have found is to keep circling around it with my melee weapon.  Doesn't always work well though. Last couple of fresh spawns I've found rifles and pistols, but no ammo for either. I've ran across three or four other people so far since I have been sticking with low population servers.  Only one has killed me.  Also, this website helps, especially the map.

#20: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:25 pm
    —
Zombies take far more damage if their hit the in the head.  Just keep in mind that most melee weapons hit just to the right of your reticule. Find a  fireaxe - is the strongest melee.

#21: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:31 pm
    —
Thanks for the link, Tet. Very helpful. One thing I came across that was helpful was about eating and drinking. To stop getting those messages every so often of 'I'm hungry', 'I could use a drink', eat and drink until you get the message that your stomach is full. It will take awhile then before you get more messages and you can concentrate on loot instead of eating and drinking every two minutes. Make sure you don't continue to eat or you will get sick. The server I have played on does hit the 40 max at times. I think it is called Undead Wasteland. I got on there this morning for just a few minutes. There were only two of us on the server and on this huge map we both ended up at the northeast airfield. We also saw each other and beat a path the other way.

#22: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 am
    —

Picked this beauty up a few minutes ago.  Now to find a chest holster.

#23: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:46 am
    —
I like how much content they've been adding over the past few months.  

Perhaps we should set up an event,  and get some BK (and guests)  together for some team play.

#24: Re: DayZ Author: HappyLocation: Alexandria, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:54 am
    —
I'm in.

#25: Re: DayZ Author: Ret1957 PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:31 pm
    —

Abram wrote (View Post):

I like how much content they've been adding over the past few months.  

Perhaps we should set up an event,  and get some BK (and guests)  together for some team play.

Absolutely! When is a good time for everyone? I can be on from 7-10 EST any day.

#26: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 pm
    —
Me,  if away from my desktop for another another week,  but im always available in the evening.

We can use tbe "Izurvive" app to get coordinates and share locations. Not sure if any of the web-based maps let you share them...

#27: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:18 pm
    —
Count me in as well. I'm available most nights.

#28: Re: DayZ Author: Natb1Location: Fairview Heights IL PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 pm
    —
if this is the game. i won't be in it...i have Dayz non steam ...unless you are just looking for ppl to play with you Smile

#29: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:11 pm
    —
Successfully cleared south airfield @Balota. I need more inventory slots!

#30: Re: DayZ Author: HappyLocation: Alexandria, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:08 pm
    —
What server do you guys play on, and around what time/day?
Thanks,

#31: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:34 pm
    —
I  mostly play on the CID server.  It has a restart every four hours,  and  i get a decent ping to it.  Other than that,  i pick one with low ping.  My current gear and location dictate how's many others players i play with.

#32: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:24 am
    —
I play on the Wasteland Survivor server but its population hasn't gotten back to the max since I first started on it. I'd be happy to play on another server if we decide to group up and play. I'd say we would want a busy server so that we don't spend the whole time running.

#33: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:17 am
    —
I'm thinking we get together on  a sparsely populated server.  Both to student get into one safe area (as we know,  it can take over and hour to run to fast corners of the map) , and to swap gear.  Oh and also to learn each others outfits so we don't end up shooting each other.  Maybe I'll start  collecting Dallas Masks or something...

#34: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:23 am
    —
I'm currently geared in all military gear. M4A1 and Firefighter Axe painted green to match and a green mountain pack.  I'd much prefer a cowboy or boonie hat, but if the ballistic helmet works as intended I feel the use outweighs the look.

Also I have no permanent server.  I just stick with low pop no pop.

#35: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:28 am
    —
Apparently all headgear  gives the same level of protection ; from toques to ballistic helmet. So anything is better than nothing.  But i try to use something dark to blend in more.  At least,  that's how the clothing stats worked a couple  months ago. Condition is the most important thing.

#36: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 pm
    —
Grabbed a couple of wolf masks.  Shall we use those?

#37: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:29 pm
    —
I think our next step is to figure out when and where we are going to play.

#38: Re: DayZ Author: Ret1957 PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:14 pm
    —
You guys pick a time/date and location I'll try to make it. Was on some newb friendly, no KOS server the other day. ran into one guy and he walked by me. ran into another, he shot me. So much for no KOS.

Then went on to another server that had 1 person on it. He somehow managed to find me and kill me. How is that even possible?

#39: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:23 pm
    —
The only one of you I believe is on my Steam friend list is Abram.  So for the rest of you my Steam id is smothersinch.

#40: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:30 pm
    —
There's a way to check the likelihood of another player being closeby.  Bring up the Player List,  and compare the "Bandwidth"  values with yours.  Players with all three values similar to yours are more likely to be in  your general area.  It's also a good method for making  a better guess as to which  players are playing as a group.  This little trick is no guarantee,  butsimilar values only means it's more LIKELY that they are close to you.  The values seem to indicate how much the game is rendering for you,  though I've no clue what the individual values specifically  refer to.

For anyone with performance  issues (don't giggle),  try out the tweaks in this guide: http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

Turn Cloud detail down to lowest settings,  and lowering the Shadow Detail has little impact,  visually.

For Crossfire/SLI users,  make your video drivers  use the ARMA2 profile.

#41: Re: DayZ Author: HappyLocation: Alexandria, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:26 pm
    —
Here is what I have...NOT MUCH lol

Put 2 more views in picture

Last edited by Happy on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#42: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:29 pm
    —
Stop eating rotten food. Also you can combine maps. I combined the north and south maps and left it at that.

#43: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:01 am
    —
Boo invisible zombie boo.

#44: Re: DayZ Author: HappyLocation: Alexandria, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 am
    —

tet wrote (View Post):

Stop eating rotten food. Also you can combine maps. I combined the north and south maps and left it at that.

Wasn't rotten food that made me sick, was dark and I was at an army base, the icon came up to drink as I was searching so I did...It was cleaner lol.
I am better now.
Zombie kill you?

#45: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:28 pm
    —
Yeah something glitched out on the server I was playing on last night.  I was on by myself so I know it wasn't another player.  No different really than a ladder killing me this morning.

However, after that time playing I definitely have a better understanding of some things.  For one it is so much easier now for me to kill zombies.  Also both times I have spawned since the glitch I more or less knew where I was.  I've discovered you can't open cans of food with a pickaxe.  I also feel the in game maps aren't really worth much.  I only use them to see who/how many people are on.  DayZDB is so much for useful.

And for the life of me I cannot find an ammo box.

#46: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:38 pm
    —
You actually don't need the in-game maps to check out players. Just hit P on the keyboard.

#47: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:47 pm
    —
Learn something new every day.  I find I don't really use the compass either.

#48: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:57 pm
    —
Airstrips,  army bases,  piano houses,   schools.  They all have the best gear,  most often. When looking through barracks,  be sure to go to prove and look under the bunks.

Any time i come across a water source, i fill my canteen and drink until full. You can also fill canteen or water bottle in the rain.

Is like to know how you found so many maps,  Happy.  Over 100 hours in,and I've only found a single pieced. I  use the  Dayz app and hence I  have  no use  for the pieces  - I'm  only curious.

#49: Re: DayZ Author: HappyLocation: Alexandria, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:41 pm
    —
Bah, I find map pcs everwhere lol, I do not use em and since the screen shot I got rid of them as I do not use em either.
Also for ammo boxes, if you spend a lot of time at the Bolota Airfield, go across the road to the other base, always lots there.

#50: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:16 pm
    —
Just picked up an ammo box at the NWAF.  Also started seeing lots of crossbows but I haven't touched them since I have only seen one bolt so far.  Had runs of decent/bad luck this morning.  Got geared up again after the game hiccups, killed somebody who happened to spawn in front of me. Then another guy and myself killed each other.  Had a random character reset.  Took a nose dive twice off stairs, once was only a small shack. I don't know how that could kill you.  All in all a good morning though.

#51: Re: DayZ Author: DestroyerLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:49 pm
    —
So are you guys playing the DayZ mod for ARMA 2 or the new dedicated DayZ game?

#52: Re: DayZ Author: HappyLocation: Alexandria, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:23 am
    —
I have both, but play stand-alone

#53: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:38 am
    —
Standalone.  You can check your bearing without stopping,  too. "inspect"  your compass while on the move,  and it still functions,  so no more stopping to put it on your hands.  The clouds always move west to east,  so the compass isn't necessary,  but still handy to have.

#54: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:51 am
    —
Doesn't your breath also always blow to the north?

#55: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:20 am
    —
Maybe?it's not always present,  so I've never checked...

#56: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:41 am
    —
Correction, along with clouds and leaves your breath(when visible) blows east as well.

#57: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:22 am
    —
Sorry Matt.

#58: Re: DayZ Author: HappyLocation: Alexandria, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:20 am
    —
LOL, best ax kill I've seen Tet  Razz

#59: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:58 am
    —
It was very nice,  playing a few hours with Foolkiller, Matt,  Happy,  and Tet.  I've played with groups a few times,  but never before with BK. Fun stuff.

Dayz  is the only game to get the adrenaline  pumping. Having fear of being killed in game is  an unfamiliar thing...

#60: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:28 pm
    —
That is so true, Abram. When you die in BF4 you hit the respawn button and appear with all your equipment. When you die in DayZ, you lose it all. If that doesn't get the blood pumping then not sure what would in a game.

#61: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:57 pm
    —
I still have some of Matt's stuff if he wants it when I get back from Las Vegas. Or I can even give him my gear. I feel bad about the fire axe incident.

#62: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:21 pm
    —
If you strip a victim of his gear and leave it in  a pile,  it'll stay longer than the  corpse will. At least long enough for them to trot back and retrieve it.

#63: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:52 am
    —
Steam sale has Dayz SA for $25. The price will shoot up to 45 or 60 when it gets to Beta, so anyone interested should hop on now.

#64: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:08 am
    —
I personally grabbed my copy for $25 on ebay.  Steam gifts are big business and if you search around you can find a deal from good sellers.

#65: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:31 am
    —
Dayz is getting a new engine:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/27uf74/rgames_rdayz_ama_with_rocket_dayz_is_moving_to_a/

#66: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:18 am
    —
I've been getting asked about the size of the map.  15x15km:

[Img] https://i.imgur.com/AOsmMra.jpg[/img]

#67: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:19 pm
    —
Seems to me lately any zombie I have killed with the fire axe has been a one shot no matter where the hit lands.

#68: Re: DayZ Author: 13LegionLocation: Dyer,Indiana PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:52 pm
    —
Is this a standalone game? What is the actual title, DayZ? How many players in multiplayer? Can you play it in 1 player mode? Thanks for any answers about game. Looking for something different. 25 bucks on steam?

#69: Re: DayZ Author: Natb1Location: Fairview Heights IL PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:55 pm
    —
Arma version is 65 ppl. and the title is called Dayz idk how many ppl are in the Steam version Dayz

#70: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:00 pm
    —
Was 25, probably back to 30 now.  It is a standalone game. Yes, DayZ is the title. I think max players per server is 40.  You use one character for all regular servers and one character for all hardcore servers, so your gear moves between servers.   There is no single player, but it isn't that hard most of the time to find an empty server to play on.  Plus the map is huge.  It is basically a first/third person shooter with an inventory system.  Zombies are present, but the real threats are other players.  It's in early alpha status, so there are plenty of bugs and things could change drastically between patches.

I find it to be an addicting change of pace from the COD/BF games.

#71: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:24 pm
    —
They're planning on having 64 player servers one they get 64 bit servers sorted out.  They release a patch every 2 - 3 weeks,  and they usually add more content,  along with fixes. Pay 30 bucks now,  and if you don't care for it,  just put it aside.  They'll never charge again for any more content.  Will never have paid dlc. They run  "Experimental"  patch servers,  which anyone can Johnson they get on them  ,  and they use the Alpha purchases for funding development.  I think it's a pretty neat plan.

Sure,  it's Alpha,  but it's fun,  intense,  and sometimes infuriating.

#72: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:14 pm
    —
Pro version unlocker for Dayz Central android app.

http://skunkfu.net/dayzcentral/apk/DayZ_Central_SA_v1.11.1.apk

Yes, it's legal. Still  it's only $1 to buy it.. Considering the work put into it, is a worthy purchase.

#73: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:16 pm
    —
Update 46 Stable just came out, adn upon joining a server, i got a crash saying that "appdata\local\dayz\temp\__cur_mp.ebo" could not be opened. Apparently this is common with some updates. �To fix it, delete your \'MPMissionCache" folder. Of course, back it up first, just in case, or don't empty your recycle bin. Then Verify Game Cache in Steam. In case you're wondering, my character is still with the same gear as before the update.

No official CHangelog that I could find, but this is what was in the new Experimental, pre-release .46 update. i expect the Stable release to be much the same:
Code:

[edit]
 New
 New anti cheat device
[edit]
 Undocumented
[edit]
 Known Issues
 Can no longer craft animal skin backpacks
[edit]
 New
 Action: Sort out fine rounds
 Buildings: New town hall added in Novo
 Buildings: New military building added
 Clothing: Gorka E Military Uniform Jacket added
 Clothing: Green variation of the police cap added
 Files: Added data for Flare Gun, Rabbit Snare, and Tent
 Files: Added data for 2 Grenade Launcher Attachments and 2 SMG's
 Files: Added data for Smoke Grenade, Improvised Butane/Spray Grenade, and Improvised Timed Butane/Spray Grenade
 Files: Added data for mackerels
 Location: Number of possible Helicopter Crash Sites increased from 16-18. (Number of crashed Helicopters on the map stays 3)
 Sound: Added new sounds for the M4A1
 Weapons: MP5-K added
 Weapons: Flashbang added
 Weapons: Grenade added
 World: Added some new roads
[edit]
 Fixes
 Effects: Increased the loading range of Helicopter Smoke
 Gear: Can no longer put Small Protector Cases inside each other.
 Gear: Splint inventory size reduced to two slots
 Lightning: Lightning during night time have been improved
 Sound: Fixed the sounds of the brownish ground
 Weapons: 7Rnd 1911 Magazine flipped back
 Weapons: Kitchen Knives can now be equipped on your back

On another matter, I doubt that Dayz will be an 'official' BK game anytime soon. So can we get a Dayz section? Or move this thread to Other Games or something?

Last edited by Abram on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

#74: Re: DayZ Author: nanoLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:48 pm
    —
Well that is a relief.

-nano

#75: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:17 pm
    —

nano wrote (View Post):

Well that is a relief.

-nano

?

#76: Re: DayZ Author: nanoLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:38 pm
    —

tet wrote (View Post):

nano wrote (View Post):

Well that is a relief.

-nano

?

No character wipe out.

-nano

#77: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm
    —

nano wrote (View Post):

tet wrote (View Post):

nano wrote (View Post):

Well that is a relief.

-nano

?

No character wipe out.

-nano

Gotcha. Though at this point as many times as I have had to start over due to bugs a wipe is just a slight annoyance to me.

#78: Re: DayZ Author: nanoLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 pm
    —

tet wrote (View Post):

nano wrote (View Post):

tet wrote (View Post):

nano wrote (View Post):

Well that is a relief.

-nano

?

No character wipe out.

-nano

Gotcha. Though at this point as many times as I have had to start over due to bugs a wipe is just a slight annoyance to me.

I'm enjoying the game much more now, gets your heart racing when seeing another player.  I did my fair share of killings.

-nano

#79: Re: DayZ Author: nanoLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 pm
    —

Abram wrote (View Post):

Update 46 Stable just came out, adn upon joining a server, i got a crash saying that "appdata\local\dayz\temp\__cur_mp.ebo" could not be opened. Apparently this is common with some updates. �To fix it, delete your \'MPMissionCache" folder. Of course, back it up first, just in case, or don't empty your recycle bin. Then Verify Game Cache in Steam. In case you're wondering, my character is still with the same gear as before the update.

No official CHangelog that I could find, but this is what was in the new Experimental, pre-release .46 update. i expect the Stable release to be much the same:
Code:

[edit]
 New
 New anti cheat device
[edit]
 Undocumented
[edit]
 Known Issues
 Can no longer craft animal skin backpacks
[edit]
 New
 Action: Sort out fine rounds
 Buildings: New town hall added in Novo
 Buildings: New military building added
 Clothing: Gorka E Military Uniform Jacket added
 Clothing: Green variation of the police cap added
 Files: Added data for Flare Gun, Rabbit Snare, and Tent
 Files: Added data for 2 Grenade Launcher Attachments and 2 SMG's
 Files: Added data for Smoke Grenade, Improvised Butane/Spray Grenade, and Improvised Timed Butane/Spray Grenade
 Files: Added data for mackerels
 Location: Number of possible Helicopter Crash Sites increased from 16-18. (Number of crashed Helicopters on the map stays 3)
 Sound: Added new sounds for the M4A1
 Weapons: MP5-K added
 Weapons: Flashbang added
 Weapons: Grenade added
 World: Added some new roads
[edit]
 Fixes
 Effects: Increased the loading range of Helicopter Smoke
 Gear: Can no longer put Small Protector Cases inside each other.
 Gear: Splint inventory size reduced to two slots
 Lightning: Lightning during night time have been improved
 Sound: Fixed the sounds of the brownish ground
 Weapons: 7Rnd 1911 Magazine flipped back
 Weapons: Kitchen Knives can now be equipped on your back

On another matter, I doubt that Dayz will be an 'official' BK game anytime soon. So can we get a Dayz section? Or move this thread to Other Games or something?

I did what you said above, It still crashing on me.  Any other ideas?

-nano

#80: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:06 am
    —
Looks for ANY of those folders.I actually found another in my Appdata. Then, Verify Steam game files.

#81: Re: DayZ Author: FoolkillerLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:37 am
    —
Along the Bohemia Interactive line, I've recently gotten addicted to the Altis Life mod on Arma 3. If not familar with the game, all of the Altis Life servers are RP ones. You can play as a civilian, police officer (though you usually have to put an application in) or medic. It is another game that can get the heart pumping at certain times depending on what you decide to do in game. Kill on sight is frowned upon without first initiating RP unless you are in an illegal area. One of my characters is a drug runner so when you are at the drug field collecting, your head is on a swivel. You listen for any sound outside of the regular nature sounds. Was that the sound of a car engine turning off. Is that a heli I hear? But that is just the beginning. Then you have to make your way to the processing center. Cops or rebels could be close by. Then it is off to the drug dealer to sell your goods. Is it over? Now you have to get to an ATM and deposit that money before someone decides to rob you. Unlike DayZ though each server has its own rules, map setup, starting money, etc. So you are not able to go from server to server with your same gear. Though the server I play on has two other servers and you can play on any of the three and all of your gear and money transfer. The map is huge because Bohemia doesn't believe in small areas. Most of my RP experiences have been pretty good there though you will still run into the random troll from time to time. Most of my RP has been with the police officers and when you are caught you either pay the ticket they give you or you are off to jail. So far my jail times have just lasted five minutes. I had fun with my last arrest. It was nighttime and they somehow snuck up on me and all of a sudden lights and sirens broke the sound of crickets in the night. I had just gotten to the field so had not put anything in my truck, so I took off on foot into the trees. I dropped what drugs I had and ran into the darkness, finding a collection of bushes to go prone in. Well, I thought after a couple of minutes they would impound my car and head out but these two cops did a grid search and found me taking a nap in the bushes. Off to jail I went.

#82: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:57 pm
    —
Great news!  You can now force feed the zucchini to other players.

#83: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:12 pm
    —
Still playing?  I spent the weekend trapped UNDER an apartment building.  No trick I found online helped me get out.  Eventually I jammed W down and walked away for a while so I could die of thirst.  I immediately respawn into four zombies(spoiler alert: I died.)  Next respawn everything is going fine until I happen upon another fully geared player who happens to blast me outright.  Going better now.  Running around with a Mosin+long range scope.

The now broken melee hitboxes can be annoying at times. I am digging the new items though, but I have yet to find a tent.  Doesn't matter since persistent gear storage isn't enabled.

#84: Re: DayZ Author: nanoLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:22 pm
    —
Was just on yesterday, my character seems to be doing ok.  Left my character by the coast, spawned and was attacked by 9 zombies at different times including 3 of the crouch zombies (They scare me.)

Needless to say, they all took my axe into their head and maybe a few took my revolver.  

Continued to run through some cities, wasn't attacked by any zombies, made my way through some wooded areas and I was surprisingly attacked by at least 5 zombies.  

Did they up the number of zombies?

ALSO!  I noticed when I spawned my screen is a bit blurry but still same color and I am healthy and energized.  What is going on with that? do I still have lose of blood? I ate food till I was stuffed and drank till I was full, yet it is still blurry.

-nano

#85: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:58 pm
    —
If you get blur that won;t go away, go into your Video options, and back out. That'll fix it.  

I don;t think the number on dead have increased, but they are a bit smarter now; if you fire a gun, they will come to from surprisingly far. They also introduced a new pathfinding system for them. You can trap them inside buildings now, too. They keep sayign that by the end, they plan to increase the number by a faction of 5-10 times what they are now.

The melee was more or less fixed in this last update (and there's another server update coming today), and they added even more stuff to the game.

#86: Re: DayZ Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:32 pm
    —

Abram wrote (View Post):

If you get blur that won;t go away, go into your Video options, and back out. That'll fix it.  

I don;t think the number on dead have increased, but they are a bit smarter now; if you fire a gun, they will come to from surprisingly far. They also introduced a new pathfinding system for them. You can trap them inside buildings now, too. They keep sayign that by the end, they plan to increase the number by a faction of 5-10 times what they are now.

The melee was more or less fixed in this last update (and there's another server update coming today), and they added even more stuff to the game.

I'm thinking it was less fixed.  Seems very wonky to me.  But yes it is nice the zeds don't walk through walls anymore.

#87: Re: DayZ Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:38 pm
    —
It's pretty good on the Experimental.  I've mostly been playing that. Funny big on that : of you Drink All of  water container,  your guy loses consciousness for a few seconds.

To get the Experimental,  go to the Dayz properties in Steam and select the opt-and n option for betas.  This last exp version is pretty small,  so switching back and forth to stable is quick. It also gives separate characters from stable.

Bad Karma -> Ideas for BKs Next Game

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1