Out of commission...
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous123Next  :| |:
Bad Karma -> System Help

#16: Re: Out of commission... Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:14 am
    —
Not if any of you "techies" can read this or not...but this is what Boot Repair Disk is giving...

Boot Repair Disk Summary

From what I can tell...it is not even recognizing a HDD?!?!?  I have swapped SATA cables, tried a different power cables, and some other little things, but I am getting NOTHING!!!

Taz

#17: Re: Out of commission... Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:57 am
    —
Yup,  it appears to be fudged.  On the bright side,  you can fish out a couple of nice refrigerator magnets.

But before tossing it,  punch the serial into the Warranty Check page for the manufacturer.

#18: Re: Out of commission... Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:10 am
    —
This is the last message I got from using a Windows Recovery Disk I created...

"The Boot Configuration Data File does not contain valid information for an operation system"

That's just AWESOME!!!

Taz

#19: Re: Out of commission... Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:38 am
    —
or worst case you can wrap it in a towel and toss it in the freezer for a while. may or may not work.

#20: Re: Out of commission... Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:44 am
    —
Miss the Tasman. Hope you are up and running soon mate. I agree with Reggie.   It's all gobbledygook to me too.

#21: Re: Out of commission... Author: HawkeyeLocation: Connecticut PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:44 pm
    —

ReginaRifles wrote (View Post):

Hope you get it all sorted out.  I don't understand nuttn' you guys are saying.  Laughing

You should learn.....all the big boys are doing it.....lol

I'll help ya Reg.....

#22: Re: Out of commission... Author: MouseLocation: Monaca, PA PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:13 pm
    —
Tazman you did this so you don't have to go against me in teams or solo LOL. I will sing a song for you called, "I will always miss you" and my personal favorite "you light up my life (when I shoot you}" Hope you get it all worked out soon.

#23: Re: Out of commission... Author: ARRGGHHHLocation: Ohio PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:36 pm
    —
Download the ISO and use this tool from Microsoft use a USB drive to install.

Much faster than installing from CD.

Microsoft usb tool

#24: Re: Out of commission... Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:20 am
    —
I will try the freezer trick Tet!!!

Mouse...I will miss you, but not with my weapon...pretty much a crack shot with that!!

Argh...thanks for that post, will certainly give that a try!!!

I know just my HDD went, but the build was a few years old and actually gonna see if I can convince the missus to do a new build!!! We will see how that goes?!?! If you don't hear back from me on that front, you may have to send out a search party or call in a Missing Persons request!!!

Taz

#25: Re: Out of commission... Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:32 am
    —
Search party is being deployed forthwith

#26: Re: Out of commission... Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:01 am
    —

Hawkeye wrote (View Post):

ReginaRifles wrote (View Post):

Hope you get it all sorted out.  I don't understand nuttn' you guys are saying.  Laughing

You should learn.....all the big boys are doing it.....lol

I'll help ya Reg.....

Laughing You usually do!!

#27: Re: Out of commission... Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:50 pm
    —
Well...been pretty busy on the baseball front with the boys.  My 13 year old and his team just took 4th in state, my 11 year old is 4-0 in their Little League district tournament, and my 8 year old daughter played a tournament in softball this last weekend.  This means I have had NO time to figure out anything in regards to getting my computer back up and running.

BUT...I am leaning towards maybe getting a new computer and may be shopping at CyberPower here in the near future.  Will let you know when I get back online.

Taz

#28: Re: Out of commission... Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:57 pm
    —
I'm sure there are folks on here that would be able to buy up any of your old parts.  Only cpu/mobo/ram,  i assume.

Or buy a small ssd and turn the old one into an htpc.

#29: Re: Out of commission... Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:01 pm
    —
Ok...just purchased a new HDD online this morning.  Should get it next by next Tuesday and then I will need to find time to install everything and get it up and running.  Look for me by next weekend!!!

Taz

#30: Re: Out of commission... Author: bigconnLocation: Gastonia, North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:48 pm
    —
you better report for duty at that time - do not know how much longer I can extend your leave, before SuniGunz finds out   Smile

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous123Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3