ONE OF MY KARATE STUDENTS
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Recreation Room

#1: ONE OF MY KARATE STUDENTS Author: KarmaLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:47 am
    —
My 9 year old Karate student learning basic defence from adult single punch attack. This is white belt level training (BEGINNER)  
The idea here is teach the student how to defend against a much larger attacker and turn the attack against them by A. Block the punch and expose the ribs. B. Counter attack the ribs to create a diversion, then C. Takeout the knee  Shocked

Notice how she moves forward at me, using her momentum and body weight to drive the punch into my ribs and the kick into my knee.
Once she learns the technique the next step is to speed her counter attack up and blend it into one fluid movement.  Very effective once mastered, regardless of size.

Hope you enjoy

http://youtu.be/oPbKypXDa8c?list=UU8zMWegO9YsujzYrWEkp0Jw

#2: Re: ONE OF MY KARATE STUDENTS Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:57 am
    —
This is why I prefer to kick 9 year olds right from the get-go.

#3: Re: ONE OF MY KARATE STUDENTS Author: SixFour PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:44 pm
    —
Great job sir

#4: Re: ONE OF MY KARATE STUDENTS Author: COYOTE711Location: Smolensk, Russia PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:08 pm
    —
I didn't know what you kaze is karate teacher. Can you teach me karate?

#5: Re: ONE OF MY KARATE STUDENTS Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:08 pm
    —
I like it. But agree with Abram.

#6: Re: ONE OF MY KARATE STUDENTS Author: KarmaLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:20 pm
    —
lol you two. Better get in quick. By the time she's 16 it wont matter what you throw at her... Your guna have a limp

#7: Re: ONE OF MY KARATE STUDENTS Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:41 pm
    —

DiggerBaz wrote (View Post):

I like it. But agree with Abram.

Me too!!!

Bad Karma -> Recreation Room

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1