once in a lifetime......
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General

#1: once in a lifetime...... Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:11 pm
    —
I just had to share this!
the only 2 airworthy Lancasters alongside the only airworthy vulcan, you will NEVER see these 3 next to each other again and if you do it would be incredible cos 1 lancaster lives in the UK, the other lives in Canada and the vulcan is in the UK under threat as of the end of 2015 from being grounded as its under a charity which as we all know struggles to keep airworthy planes flying.....
I hope you all enjoy these pics as much as I do Smile

#2: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: SixFour PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 pm
    —
Wow!!

Very nice LH. Thank you for sharing.

#3: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 pm
    —
seeing as I couldnt get them all into one shot.....
heres the lancasters taxiing Smile

#4: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: SixFour PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:15 pm
    —
OMG, what a beautiful aircraft....

#5: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 pm
    —
They are amazing

#6: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: Unicorn_GigglesLocation: Montana PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:46 pm
    —
Looks awesome. I'd love to crash 'em. Razz

#7: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: bigconnLocation: Gastonia, North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:50 pm
    —
Love the old war birds!

#8: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: CakeLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:14 am
    —
I saw the Vulcan fly during the 50th celebration of the US Navy aviation at Pensacola, Fla. in the early 60's while serving a tour there. The star of the airshow was a Navy
F8F Bearcat in a simulated dog fight with a Navy F9 jet.  Considering the fire power of the F9 jet with air-to-air missiles , the F8F Bearcat still flew circles around the jet.

#9: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: MouseLocation: Monaca, PA PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 pm
    —
Wow that is very nice to see, that would be really cool to see in person. That should put them in a museum.... Thank you so much for sharin these pictures...

#10: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 pm
    —
I think that its amazing the work put in to keep these birds in the sky.....
I always donate as much as I can to these guys cos what they do is proper graft and we shouldnt let time ground our birds!
when these babys take off its a site to behold and I have witnessed it many time now with many more to come I hope!
its so good to share and enjoys these with you guys, my kids love them too (apart from my 6 year old and the vulcan, he says its too loud)

#11: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:03 am
    —
I've seen both fly over me but never together.  Nice pics!

#12: Re: once in a lifetime...... Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:23 am
    —
heres a little snap I got of a hawk landing......

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1