Win 7 Event Viewer
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: Win 7 Event Viewer Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 pm
    —
Dose anyone here know how to use the "Event Viewer" correctly to fix issues with your computer??

Thank You.

#2: Re: Win 7 Event Viewer Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:25 pm
    —
Assuming the Service is on,  which it is by default,  it depends on the problem.  You may see that it's split into categories: os,  software ,  hardware,  etc. Pick the relevant category and look for anything with a RED icon beside it.  Those are usually the culprits. Clicking those will give you some details on  the problem.  It mostly gives wacky errors codes and tells you what comes went sideways,  but it's a place to start.

If it's bsods you're looking to suss out,  i'd  suggest you try out Bluescreenviewer.  It gives the same info,  but makes it much easier to find. It can sort bsods date,  so the latest ones are at the top

Last edited by Abram on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Win 7 Event Viewer Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 pm
    —
Sounds good. Thank you.

#4: Re: Win 7 Event Viewer Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:13 am
    —
So whassa madda yo compootah?

#5: Re: Win 7 Event Viewer Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:19 am
    —
I was reading a bit about said item, and the topic discussion was about how I could "Fix" some "Issues" that I have been having with either win 7 having some stability issues, or any type of browser I'm using. I just wanted to talk to someone with MUCH more knowledge about Event Viewer than just in myself  half cocked knowing that I have no idea what I'm doing.......

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1