Both Computers DOA
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: Both Computers DOA Author: SixFour PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:07 pm
    —
Had a major power surge this am. Power did come on but maybe a 3rd of our normal power.

The TV, Frig and lights work, just very dim.

My computer's power supply comes on but nothing else. My wife computer will not even turn on, nor will the monitor. Both were plugged into surge protectors. I'm just wondering since we are operating at a lower power source until the local electric company restores full power if this can affect the computer operation.

Never had this happen like this before.

Any thoughts?

I will be back online as soon as I am able. Typing from my work computer. LOL

#2: Re: Both Computers DOA Author: KnuckleheadLocation: Western NY PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:25 pm
    —
I would say it's a safe assumption that the problem is due to the lack of regular current. It's also quite possible that the surge protector has been damaged. I've had situations where a whole strip died, and situations where 1 or 2 outlets of the 6 will burn out.

#3: Re: Both Computers DOA Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:29 pm
    —
I would say it is what they call a "Brown out". Unplug all electrics at the wall. Sometimes when the power does come back, it can serge through and blow your power supply, that's what happened to Mrs Krinkle's PC on X-Mas night (Mary X-Mas Mrs K ). when the powers back on fully, you will be good to go.
keep a light on so you can see when it does come good tho.

#4: Re: Both Computers DOA Author: SixFour PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:22 pm
    —
Thank you both.

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1