Update on W@W
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> CoD:WaW(5)

#1: Update on W@W Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:35 pm
    —
We did a fresh install of W@W on the server yesterday and fixed several issues but made more. There is a issue with the PB install we received and we are working with our host to try and manually apply the PB patch we have. Hopefully that will fix the kicks for everyone.

The best thing everyone can do is reinstall the Abrams PB update. It seams to fix the issue for most people.

Since PB is having issues badkon is having issues with W@W. I have contacted AGS about this and hope to have it fixed quickly.

Thank you to everyone for your support.
Luke

#2: Re: Update on W@W Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:13 am
    —
Thanks for the update Boss.

#3: Re: Update on W@W Author: AbramLocation: Fort McMurray, AB PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:24 am
    —
Is it possible to make the server run the PB version that the game installs,  saving people from this pb updating headache?

#4: Re: Update on W@W Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:50 am
    —
That's a good idea Abram. Thx mate for helping out.

#5: Re: Update on W@W Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:21 pm
    —
That is not as easy as it sounds. Steam wont just let you downgrade PB as it auto builds it in.

#6: Re: Update on W@W Author: HelenBACKLocation: New York, NY PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 pm
    —
I know I did the whole Abrams PB fix yesterday and was able to only play for 20 minutes before getting booted and locked out again. On TS I know almost everyone had done the same - so even with a fresh update in the last 24 hours it still isn't working. I've helped some regulars with the process and they are getting the same results.

It's most definitely our server - since all the reports it got yesterday (and my own test) show that those same players can play on other remaining servers fine (although they may have PB turned off - hard to tell if it's running on another server).

I know you are working hard on the fix with the hosting company , Luke, and it's really frustrating.  Hopefully they can get this working for us again!

#7: Re: Update on W@W Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:53 pm
    —
The issue came because of the reinstall of the server. We have a idea how to fix this and should have it 100% shortly. We had 20 people in the server today with no issues. So keep playing and enjoying.

#8: Re: Update on W@W Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:10 pm
    —
Thanks for your work on the issue. These tech problems are above my pay grade and I put my trust in you all.

Bad Karma -> CoD:WaW(5)

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1