No or bad challenge for address
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> CoD:WaW(5)

#1: No or bad challenge for address Author: swiftwinter PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:45 am
    —
Every time I attempt to join the server this error appears. I have updated punkbuster and everything. Everything was fine a long time ago and now as I'm trying to play again its not working. What do I do?

#2: Re: No or bad challenge for address Author: mr-t PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am
    —
Is the game on steam or standalone. First thing I would do is reset any modems and routers. Then try again. Also when you say you updated punk buster did you the file from our forums or just the auto update thing. As pink buster stopped supporting the game last year I think it was.

#3: Re: No or bad challenge for address Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:53 am
    —
The server did crash tonight so it's prob' not you. And it looks like it's still down atm.

#4: Re: No or bad challenge for address Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:51 pm
    —
Yeah server has been down on and off for the past 4 or so days and for extended periods of time. If you did get on and got booted from the server after your first "kill" of the session, it's Punk Buster. If so you have to add the PB file as Mr.T mentioned. Look in the W@W forums here for the PB thread and follow the instructions.

#5: Re: No or bad challenge for address Author: swiftwinter PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:02 pm
    —

mr-t wrote (View Post):

Is the game on steam or standalone. First thing I would do is reset any modems and routers. Then try again. Also when you say you updated punk buster did you the file from our forums or just the auto update thing. As pink buster stopped supporting the game last year I think it was.

I updated it with the files on the forums and followed the instructions. I even did it twice thinking I might of did it wrong the first time. I'll keep trying I guess. And it is standalone.

Edit: Yeah I dunno what's wrong it's still not working and I can see the server is indeed up.

Bad Karma -> CoD:WaW(5)

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1