windows 10 install error
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: windows 10 install error Author: CR1M3Location: Redlands Ca. USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:08 pm
    —
I tried to upgrade to win 10. the install fails and reloads win 7. does anyone know what this means? error details: Code 80242014

#2: Re: windows 10 install error Author: JDSTROKELocation: Collingwood,Ont. , Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:13 pm
    —
I had a problem to , was the link sent to you or did you download the install from web page?
I had to download the install 3 times before it would take. Message was "something went wrong" that's it.

#3: Re: windows 10 install error Author: CR1M3Location: Redlands Ca. USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:58 pm
    —
I did a few things and it installed. First I increased the size of system reserved partition from 100MB to 450MB. Next I uninstalled my display adapter. Then I went to msconfig and used a selective startup, disabling all services EXCEPT Microsoft services and restarted the pc. (When I rebooted windows 7 would not work. after hours of poking around I messed with my BIOS boot settings and Win 7 started). Now that I restarted my pc I followed the prompts to update to Win 10 and it worked. I don't know what fixed the problem, maybe just lucky.

PLEASE NOTE: My tech level is LOW. I would NOT advise trying any of these steps unless you know what your doing.

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1