Desktop Icon Issue
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: Desktop Icon Issue Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:17 am
    —
First off, I have used "Google" to work on finding a solution to this issue. Reason that I'm bringing this up is because on some other "Clan" website they just treat most individuals as if they were a child, and enjoy "High Browing" people that are not in their "Clan".  But I have been here long enough to know that -BK- does not treat individuals in such a manner. So my question is this. 90% of my desktop icons all look alike. I have gone into my registry files and have deleted all subfolders under .link but that does not seem to work. Could someone please help me with this issue????

Thank You.

#2: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:26 pm
    —
What version of windows you using?

#3: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: mr-t PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:06 pm
    —
i have a few questions,

1. what version of windows are you using
  2. did it happen after you did something (like edit something in the registry or run a program like ccleaner or performance booster program
  3. is there any common link between these applications, ie they were all installed on a seperate hard drive from the applications that still have icon
  4. have you performed a virus scan
  5. have you changed any hardware

#4: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:14 pm
    —
Screenshot?

#5: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:21 pm
    —
I'm running Windows 7
1. The only thing I did was a very long time ago. 2. When I first ran Firefox as a browser it all started. Now the icons look like chrome since I use chrome. 4. many of times since it has been there for over a year. Yes, I changed to a SSD, but I have had this before I had the SSD....Here's the Screenshot...Opps..How do I add a screenshot??

#6: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:31 am
    —
Sounds like issue with chrome. It may have started with Firefox so maybe issue between Firefox and chrome.

#7: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:54 am
    —
Sure I understand that.  But it was not always like that. For some reason it started out of the blue. Even if I switch to another Browser, then my icons look  like that browsers icon. I followed through with some steps that I found on YouTube and Google that say to go into my Reg. and delete all subfolders under.lib, but yet it still doesn't work. So I have know idea where to go from here.....Also how do I add a screenshot to my post??

#8: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:19 am
    —
Those are all shortcuts to webpages.  I am not sure what the problem is.  Why are you not just using bookmarks from within your browsers?

#9: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: archstantonLocation: missouri PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:42 pm
    —
I have this happen at work sometimes its usually the cached files that make up the desktop icons are corrupt. The fix is to change the size of the icons and then change it back so windows can recache the destkop icons.

this is for windows 7 by the way

right click on the desktop and select screen resolution

look for the link on that window that says "Make text and other items larger or smaller"

pick a different size and all your icon pictures should be back to normal just a different size

then change the size back to what it was

hope this helps

#10: Re: Desktop Icon Issue Author: FranklinLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 pm
    —
Yep, I have done the "Sizing" servel times...Still nothing....I guess I'll contact microsoft, or just live with it since I have been for the last year or more..

Thank You.

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1