"Shotgun Rifling" lol
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General

#1: "Shotgun Rifling" lol Author: KarmaLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:06 pm
    —
BF4, Trying to rank up to some better loads for my M1014 when i noticed this little chestnut.

"Quote " Plastic saboted slug designed engage the rifling in the shotgun barrel. Provides increased Accuracy and vastly improved Range by the use of a single projectile "Unquote"

Shotguns have rifling huh ! Wow I gotta get me one of those Shocked

#2: Re: "Shotgun Rifling" lol Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:25 am
    —
Hah

#3: Re: "Shotgun Rifling" lol Author: Rogue-ldr PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:29 am
    —
Some of the Benelli barrels have specific rifled slug barrels you can buy as an accessory.  But, generally you are correct.

#4: Re: "Shotgun Rifling" lol Author: KarmaLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:17 am
    —
lol Yeah an interesting conundrum though - a rifle is a rifle because it has "Rifling" - So, is a shotgun with rifling a shotgun or a rifle  Confused:

My Grandfather actually had one he brought with him from Ireland, It was an Over Under, custom made by James Purdey and Sons.
Bottom barrel was rifled (slightly) to suit a hand loaded Brenneke type slug, Top barrel was for hunting, bottom barrel was for back up for bigger game.

I was with him the last time he used it, He lined up a rabbit about 40 yards away and mistakenly pulled the rear trigger (bottom barrel)
Have you ever seen a rabbit turn into soup right before your eyes lol  
I still laugh thinking about the look on his face  Shocked  

My shotgun of choice - Mossberg 500A 12g Magnum, custom barrel (30" heavy, full choke ) Best shoty I ever owned, whats yours ?

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1