CPU fan
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: CPU fan Author: REFORMLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:00 pm
    —
So I recently blew the dust out of my computer and now my CPU fan is vibrating and making noise like it's gonna explode.  I have taken it off and put it back on to no avail.
Does anyone have an answer for me? What happened? Why is it doing this?
Do I need a new one?

REFORM

#2: Re: CPU fan Author: CR1M3Location: Redlands Ca. USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:42 pm
    —
Did you blow air onto the fan making it spin? I have heard that is a big no no. I would replace the fan, hopefully you can do this without having to buy a new heatsink as well.

#3: Re: CPU fan Author: SuniGunz PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:27 pm
    —
Crime is right I use an eraser or some thing that wont put an oily film on it the blow the dust off. The fan spins at to high a rate when blowing it off with air Sad

#4: Re: CPU fan Author: CyberlexeLocation: Belgium PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:30 pm
    —
Put the dust back in  Laughing

#5: Re: CPU fan Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:58 pm
    —
You need to replace the fan. You spun it past its recommended speed with the air and through the bearings in it. It's a whole whooping 3 dollar fan. Or just buy a aftermarket air cooler for it. You can pick one up on eBay for under 20.00. The cooler you need is for a FX 6300 AMD

#6: Re: CPU fan Author: kozarman1Location: Dallas, TX PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:08 am
    —
2 possible problems I can think of

1. Yes you never spin a fan it messes up the bearings like Johnny said. Only time it should spin is when under power from your PC
2. Did you use plastic or rubber plugs to mount it?

#7: Re: CPU fan Author: Riezen1914 PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:18 am
    —
Grab the Hyper Evo 212 its like $25 and has a high enough TDP for your processor if im not mistaken.

#8: Re: CPU fan Author: REFORMLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:10 pm
    —
Thanks everyone for their polite friendliness.

BK RULES!

REFORM

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1