Not sure
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: Not sure Author: e92si PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:55 am
    —
ok playing black ops this evening then all of a sudden the computer just shuts down completely, power switch was orange so I immediately force shutdown, now power light and battery light are on. however the mouse has just about power through the sub to light up a little but keyboard has no lights, I can only see the computer with external monitor so actual screen is no good, umm so I ask any advice, getting another computer is not an option nor a major fix.

I did remove the battery and back cover to see if anything looked burnt no visual marks nor extremely dirty,

help please
e92si

#2: Re: Not sure Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:28 pm
    —
Over-heating and/or power supply would be my guess. How to tell if it is either or both of those...I will leave that up to the more knowledgeable.

Taz

#3: Re: Not sure Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 pm
    —
You can buy a tester for the power supply at any computer store. Directions will show how to connect and read the results. My guess is power supply.

#4: Re: Not sure Author: e92si PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 pm
    —
noticed today that fan will run normal if fan boost is on still no power to the sub ports but leds and fan light up and show some signs of power,

dead in the water grrr

#5: Re: Not sure Author: e92si PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:45 am
    —
from what I have read and did the visual test like removing the battery and power cable and drain all power out and try to boot it with each, same result power but low and not booting, one says motherboard other says cmos battery, either way I do not have the experience to pull it all apart to check or change the cmos -

model msi ge70 2qe apache pro

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1