I HAD TO CHECK IT WASN'T APRIL
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: I HAD TO CHECK IT WASN'T APRIL Author: mr-t PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:31 am
    —
Intel and AMD are teaming up
http://www.pcgamer.com/intel-joins-forces-with-amd-to-battle-nvidia/

#2: Re: I HAD TO CHECK IT WASN'T APRIL Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:34 pm
    —
Holy cow!  It's about time they stop fighting and join forces.

#3: Re: I HAD TO CHECK IT WASN'T APRIL Author: Snap71Location: Annapolis, MD PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 pm
    —
Solid competition is good will bring down costs maybe

#4: Re: I HAD TO CHECK IT WASN'T APRIL Author: mr-t PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:32 am
    —
i wonder if this means nvidia have plans to release a cpu aswell

#5: Re: I HAD TO CHECK IT WASN'T APRIL Author: Deadly_JoeLocation: IN, US PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:24 am
    —

mr-t wrote (View Post):

i wonder if this means nvidia have plans to release a cpu aswell

they have released a couple of CPUs but nothing in the x86/64 market

**edit** ok, so after a quick info trip down the net - NVidia doesn't have a license to manufacture x86/64 chips (32 bit would have to be from Intel and 64 from AMD, obviously neither needs or wants another direct competitor in the current market place);  They have licensed ARM IP though and utilize it in their Tegra lineup.  With Intel being the current dominant chipset for mobile (notebook/laptop) and business workstations and AMD's announcement of Ryzen APUs it makes sense for Intel to leverage a solid player in the graphics market to either supplement or boost performance of their existing silicon designs

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1