So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming computer...
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General

#1: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming computer... Author: JayJay PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:42 pm
    —
So, I checked my computer's power usage and draw - at full 100% usage it costs $19 in electricity to keep running 24/7

I started mining (nicehash, and monero, and etherium) by just keeping the program running every night or when not gaming.  I put it on a laptop I had too.

And it's been between $5-15/day earnings.  

Just a heads up, anyone who wants their computer to pay for itself (or to pay for your next upgrade!)

#2: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:36 am
    —
So do you mean you make 5-15 after 19 for electricity , so that would b e at the high end of 25 a day?
Or is it just 5-15 a day then the cost of electricity that day cause that would be a loss?

#3: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: KarowLocation: Taos Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:10 pm
    —
I think he meant 19 per month to run the PC and he earned 5-15 per day.  Nothing in my house cost 19 doolars a day to run

#4: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: JayJay PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:42 am
    —
Right, so far I've got $300 saved up just from running the mining software on the side

Tempting to use it to buy another video card, so I can earn twice as much twice as fast...

#5: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: e92si PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:04 am
    —
don't get it lol

#6: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: TekLocation: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:25 pm
    —
So I installed the software on 2 PC's and have had it running for 12 hours now with an earning of .23 cents before electricity costs. I must be doing something wrong here.

I did notice that my Norton's pulled a few viruses out while installing the program... could this be the problem?

#7: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: Am3ricaLocation: El Paso, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:56 pm
    —
JayJay what software are you using?

#8: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: Am3ricaLocation: El Paso, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:09 am
    —
Tek. Depending on the port and hardware of your system is depending on how much hash return you'll get. I use the xmr Nvidia tool and am hashing something like 200+ an hour with my Alienware laptop.

If I used my Dell laptop for school I would obviously get a lot less hash rate. Seeing as the processor is an i3 and like 2.0 GHz plus the gpu isn't even powerful enough to register as one.

#9: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: TekLocation: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm
    —
I pulled Norton from my system and used Windows Defender instead. Now it seems to be working a lot better.

#10: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: Am3ricaLocation: El Paso, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 pm
    —
Also I don't know what software you use but I would look into MinerGate.com It seems to be the best formatted.

#11: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: REFORMLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:59 am
    —
What are you guys talking about?
What is mining?

REFORM

#12: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:36 am
    —
I'm with Reform! You say you're making money but who is paying you and can you spend this "money"?

#13: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:58 am
    —
Huh???

#14: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: Am3ricaLocation: El Paso, Texas PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 am
    —
Google cryptocurrency.

#15: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: Am3ricaLocation: El Paso, Texas PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 am
    —
actually here are a couple links

https://www.ted.com/talks/neha_narula_the_future_of_money

https://www.ted.com/talks/don_tapscott_how_the_blockchain_is_changing_money_and_business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sqQEEtRzRs

#16: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: TekLocation: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 pm
    —
It's otherwise known as Bitcoin Mining. I've had it running for 2 days on the computers downtime and have earned $7.00

I am using Nicehash which has a feature that lets you get an estimate of what your rig can earn. The main reason the high end Nvidia cards are so expensive and hard to find is because they get better results than most of the antminers out there at a cheaper cost. They are getting swept up by crypto miners as soon as they come up for sale.

#17: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: CyberlexeLocation: Belgium PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 pm
    —

Am3rica wrote (View Post):

Also I don't know what software you use but I would look into MinerGate.com It seems to be the best formatted.

Did you already tried to cash in through minergate?

#18: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: JayJay PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:08 pm
    —
Nicehash miner!

Tek-Make sure you're let it mine with your GPU!  Cpu only mining is weak, but when you use your gaming GPU boom the profits come in

#19: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: Am3ricaLocation: El Paso, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 am
    —
Cyberlexe I have not. Waiting till I get to 1 XMR

#20: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: JayJay PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:27 pm
    —
Hey guys, I wanted to post an update.

I've been using three computers to mine.

One computer has a 1080ti, a 1070, and a R9 270x.

One has an AMD Vega 64

One has my 980ti and a GTX 1060

I've seen my power bill increase $25 a month by keeping them running.  I've mostly used NiceHash, it looks like this:

Since I started late November, I have earned $200 USD into my bank account and currently hold $1700 USD worth of bitcoin.  If Bitcoin peaks in December this year (like it has the past few years, on schedule) then I might have upwards of $10k-60k depending on how crazy it gets.  Or, bitcoin could disappear and become worthless and I have $0.   Or it could be pretty stable and I only get $6k.   I cant tell the future, but it's not too late to have your gaming computer/video cards earn you money while you sleep....    I'll post an update with the results of my "One year of mining" project as we get near the December selloff to conclude my project....

#21: Re: So, I've been making $5-$15 a day with my gaming compute Author: CyberlexeLocation: Belgium PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:39 pm
    —
It's nice to do when you have the rigs, but i don't know if the proffit stay's when you have to buy them just for mining, the currency is pretty volatile lately.

Thanks for the updates JayJay, its really interesting.

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1