I have a problem
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 12Next  :| |:
Bad Karma -> General

#1: I have a problem Author: REFORMLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:53 pm
    —
Need a starting point. Some direction.

THE PROBLEM: a few days ago I turned on my computer and on start up it gave a longer than normal "beep" and the monitor did not come on. I blew it out hoping that it was just dust build up but that didn't work. Then I sacrificed a chicken, said some magic words and waved my staff but that didn't work either so I accepted defeat and walked away. So I let a couple of days go by busying myself with life so I decided to try again and was happily surprised when it worked lime normal. So I did my thing and shut it down for the day.
I tried today and it was back to not working.

THE SOLUTION: ?

REFORM

#2: Re: I have a problem Author: Moosehead PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 pm
    —
Re-seat all cards and memory.

If that doesnt fix it. Start with the memory.
             Remove one stick and boot it up. If its normal do same with other stick.

Next would be power supply.

#3: Re: I have a problem Author: astro7730Location: Peterborough, Ontario Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 pm
    —
chances are its the mobo starting to go u can try to clear your cmos and reboot but sounds to me like the board is on its way out (ram and video wouldnt cause this just sayin) priority order is CPU first then ram (mem check) ect

#4: Re: I have a problem Author: KarowLocation: Taos Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:20 am
    —
If you getting beeps check you motherboard manual beep codes that might led you in the right direction

#5: Re: I have a problem Author: Firecrackr1Location: Haddon Twp. NJ PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:08 am
    —
Check the beeps with your mobo manual like Karow said but I lean towards mem or psu.

#6: Re: I have a problem Author: REFORMLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 am
    —
But if i am not getting anything showing up on my monitor, how am I supposed to check anything? The computer turns on and is running, but its as if the information isn't being relayed to the monitor.
I havent changed anything, no recent up dates. Just turn it on, play w@w for a bit then off it goes.

REFORM

#7: Re: I have a problem Author: KarowLocation: Taos Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:57 am
    —
Beep Codes mate. I have had similar condition and it was the power supply

#8: Re: I have a problem Author: archstantonLocation: missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:43 pm
    —
look up your motherboards beep codes for real. It will lead you in the right direction

#9: Re: I have a problem Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:38 pm
    —
Yup what he said.   Codes for Mobo

#10: Re: I have a problem Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:12 pm
    —
Seriously look up your mono manual online...but most of what I have seen are around RAM or GPU. And if nothing is showing up on your monitor, it may be the GPU is going.

Taz

#11: Re: I have a problem Author: JDSTROKELocation: Collingwood,Ont. , Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:17 am
    —
Check your monitor cable, and if that's not the problem do what Mousehead said.

#12: Re: I have a problem Author: DiggerBazLocation: Melbourne / Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 pm
    —
Sacrifice another chicken and play THAT Beatles record backwards. I found that always helps.

#13: Re: I have a problem Author: REFORMLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 am
    —
Well the witch doctor told me Digger that one would be sufficient but I will try it with the Beatle song to see if that works. Thanks bud!

REFORM

#14: Re: I have a problem Author: MrKrinkleLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 am
    —
Make sure you're holding your tongue the right way tho, or you'll have to do it again..

#15: Re: I have a problem Author: REFORMLocation: Las Vegas, NV PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 am
    —
Why are there so many little things that have to happen in order for this witchery to work? Cant I just tell it what I want it to do and have it do it?

REFORM

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 12Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2