HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General

#1: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: TekLocation: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:53 pm
    —
Looking for some advice. Tuesday is my birthday and Warrior Woman has decided that I deserve a new headset from her as my birthday gift. Trouble is, there are so many out there that my head is spinning trying to choose the best one.

Here is what I need:

a) Must be comfortable and able to fix my super-sized head
b) Must have Surround Sound
c) Wired or Wireless doesn't matter to me
d) I hate ear sweat.... breathable material on the cans would be great
e) I now wear glasses for my PC and need something that won't drive them into my skull.
f) Something that will last and is built well
g) I would really like to keep the cost below $250 if possible

Any advice?

#2: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: TekLocation: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:05 pm
    —
Has anyone here tried the Logitech G933? I see that Bestbuy has them on sale this week.

#3: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: TheFrEnChGuYLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:13 pm
    —
I like my G430

#4: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: MajorCarnage PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 pm
    —
I like my Hyper X.

#5: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: 82ndParaTrooper PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:46 pm
    —
https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-71-v2
Love these!!!!

#6: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: W33pingAng3lLocation: Missouri USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 pm
    —
I just picked up a Steelseries Arctis 7. Super comfortable and really great sound. The chat/Game mix comes in super handy and they have good battery life as well.

#7: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:39 pm
    —
I have the G930 headset. I have had it forever! I've worn the material off the pads, I've had them that long. It is wireless and surround sound. They were never too tight and I can to some extent hear what is going on around me as well. I believe any similar logitech headset will make you happy. I have had several over the years and I bought this one cause I wanted a wireless headset. I have walked outside to check the mail and still heard the conversations on TS so it has excellent range. I do not remember exactly what I paid for them but I am pretty sure it was $100 or little less. So that would be my recommendation.

#8: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: FoxholeWillyLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:29 am
    —

82ndParaTrooper wrote (View Post):

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-71-v2
Love these!!!!

That's what I have.  No complaints here.

#9: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: TazmanLocation: Minneapolis, MN PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:09 am
    —
Agree with e92...my 930’s have lasted forever and are still kicking...I would assume that means you can’t go wrong with the 933’s.

Taz

#10: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: Snap71Location: Annapolis, MD PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm
    —
I have had lots of them - currently the one I have is the best I've had - Logitech G230 = not expensive. I also have a G430 surround sound also not too expensive that I like alot. the G230 picks up my voice much better I am told.

#11: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: Snap71Location: Annapolis, MD PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm
    —
BTW - I also wear glasses and have a large head (yes leaving myself open - but my hat size is 7 and 7/8.

#12: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:57 pm
    —
Astro A50 is the best money can buy.  My ears no longer sweat and the sound is amazing. I can wear them all day if I wanted. The fit is top notch with out that squeeze feeling. I have tried a ton of headsets but once I tried these the hunt for what I wanted was finally done and I'm really picky on headsets.

#13: Re: HELP!!!!!! Recommendation for Gaming Headset Author: TekLocation: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:30 pm
    —
Thanks for everyone's input. I decided on the Astro A50 and picked one up yesterday. So far, I'm quite impressed by the fit and the sound. Blew the budget out of the water but I've been told by Warrior Woman that I'm worth it. Smile

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1