Sound issue
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: Sound issue Author: 13LegionLocation: Dyer,Indiana PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:38 pm
    —
Maybe someone can help. My desktop PC( which I play W@W and Black Ops) has no sound through external speakers. For that matter no sound at all. I’ve looked in settings trying to run sound tests and I can see on a chart that sound is being sent. I’ve ran checks on it and it says everything is working sound wise. My computer is a dinosaur...it’s over 10 years old. Which brings up my next question. I’ve seen refurbished towers advertised for a few hundred dollars. Anyone had any luck with these.?My computer is old but it keeps going!!! If I can fix sound issue I’d be good to go. So I apologize for not being on TS but it’s kinda useless with zero sound!! Thanks for any help!

#2: Re: Sound issue Author: bigconnLocation: Gastonia, North Carolina PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:42 pm
    —
what Operating system are you running ?  XP, Win 7 or ?

#3: Re: Sound issue Author: 13LegionLocation: Dyer,Indiana PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:43 pm
    —
Sry! Windows 7

#4: Re: Sound issue Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:06 pm
    —
Have you tested your speakers on another device?  Like plugging them into your phone or something.  Also if your computer has front audio ports you may want to check there as well.  Anything unplugged recently?  The 3.5mm cable could be plugged into the wrong jack on the back of the pc.  As a 10 year old computer your internal sound card could also just be on its way out.  If you wanted to save the most money pci and usb sound cards are super cheap all over Amazon and the like.  You could pick up something for 10-20 dollars easy.

#5: Re: Sound issue Author: 13LegionLocation: Dyer,Indiana PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:15 pm
    —
Yes I checked speakers. They work. I’m thinking the USB sound card like you said Tet will be my fix.  I’m going to head out to get one. Maybe some better speakers as well. I bought cheap ones awhile back and they work but makes sound seem rather ‘timny’ through them.  I will update later. Hopefully I’ll be up and running soon.... or rather crouching I should say!

#6: Re: Sound issue Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:58 pm
    —
Well here is a usb sound card for cheap.

And as far as speakers are concerned I have an older version of this set and they are fantastic.  Think I have had them for five years and they are still going strong.

#7: Re: Sound issue Author: Snap71Location: Annapolis, MD PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:54 am
    —
Do you get sound with headphones?

#8: Re: Sound issue Author: 13LegionLocation: Dyer,Indiana PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:58 pm
    —
Thanks gentlemen! Sound issue repaired. The only thing I can think of is the sound card went bad. I bought a USB plug in sound card. Problem fixed. Now I need to update the TS to new channel.  Snap71, negative on sound through headphones prior.  Thanks again!

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1