gaming memory
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: gaming memory Author: OrckLocation: South Carolina PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:11 pm
    —
Hi, guys. Would any of you be able to help me install my new Patriot 16GB 4133 memory? I tried to do it myself and crashed my computer. Had to reinstall everything. I bought the 4133 but didn't know I had to adjust timing and overclocking and such.

#2: Re: gaming memory Author: mr-t PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:20 pm
    —
hey orck, i'm no expert but ram can be limited by cpu and/or motherboard so you will need the userguide for the mobo, also did you buy the right ram for your system ie ddr 4 not ddr 3 or visavera

#3: Re: gaming memory Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:47 pm
    —
Mr T is correct. It has to work for your mobo and cpu. I am not sure you need to overclock it unless you want to. But I know JD loves to mess with his computer and overclock it all the time. So if it is not something that simple then he would be your man.

My question would be what cpu and what motherboard? That would give me an idea of what to look up and how to help you.

#4: Re: gaming memory Author: OrckLocation: South Carolina PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:51 pm
    —
Motherboard is EVGA Z370

CPU is Intel i7 8700K

Memory is Patriot 16GB PC4-33000 4133MHz

Currently I use CPU-Z to check the speed of my memory and it is running at 1063MHz. I know it is dual channel but that would only make it 2012ish not 4133

#5: Re: gaming memory Author: OrckLocation: South Carolina PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:25 am
    —
Got it running at 4000MHz currently!

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1