Battlefield Portal
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General

#1: Battlefield Portal Author: OrckLocation: South Carolina PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:09 pm
    —
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii0Vp27jQVM

Take a watch. It's a 15 minute video but I think BF Portal might be what our clan uses as our "private" servers in the future. I can see a few of you guys really getting creative with different game modes and ideas. Also at minute 12 he talks about a server browser, server messages, kicking players, and such. Sounds like the server will stay active as long as there is at least one human player in it. Once they leave, the server shuts down. At least that's what will happen at launch. Perhaps that will change in an update so we can keep a persistent server up at all times.

#2: Re: Battlefield Portal Author: MaxwellSmartLocation: Summerside PEI PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:58 pm
    —
 Thanks for the info Orck.

#3: Re: Battlefield Portal Author: KevManLocation: Kalispell, Montana PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:07 pm
    —
It "sort of is" but a whole lot of no it isn't.

#4: Re: Battlefield Portal Author: Natb1Location: Fairview Heights IL PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:36 pm
    —
Thank you orck!

#5: Re: Battlefield Portal Author: Snap71Location: Annapolis, MD PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:40 pm
    —
Super, and I wonder if there is a ‘time out’ for the single human player…..? That is, can the human be inactive for all or some long time?

#6: Re: Battlefield Portal Author: KarowLocation: Taos Missouri PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:14 pm
    —

Snap71 wrote (View Post):

Super, and I wonder if there is a ‘time out’ for the single human player…..? That is, can the human be inactive for all or some long time?

That might be a setting in the configurator. The only thing i have not heard anything about is the ability to set a server password for private events. It may be there just have not heard anything about it. Hiding out may be difficult with AI running about, but you can turn AI soldiers off.

I am trying to hold back on the enthusiasm for the game until we get some real playtime.

#7: Re: Battlefield Portal Author: JohnnyLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:46 pm
    —

KevMan wrote (View Post):

It "sort of is" but a whole lot of no it isn't.

It's funny how you replied to this post...face it you are a Cod fan boy and thats perfectly fine but you have been negative to the new BF game before it's even out yet. Please stop and think if what you post will sway someone's mind on a game. By the way I'm a BF fan boy but as your GOA I need to look at both sides of the page and to stay positive with all the games we support. I don't want to see a great divide within us...let's keep it positive please.

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1