fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:)
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General

#1: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:36 pm
    —
Hi, heres my recipe for fridge cake as promised.......
you need......
200g plain/dark chocolate (dont need cookin choc)
table spoon of golden syrup
125g butter
depending on what you want to put in it.....(these ingredient are optional)
150 g plain biscuits/cookies (digestives work best)
50/100 g glace cherrys
handfull of mini marshmallows
small handfull pistachio nuts, shelled

melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a bowl (either in microwave in 20 second intervals to ensure choc melts correctly or in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water) then when runny and smooth, add the biscuits broken up into very small bits but not crumbs and other ingredients of your choice ensuring the chocolate coats all the bits and there isnt any runny chocolate sauce in the bottom of the bowl (basically it looks like muddy mix).
Then cover the inside of a bread tin/suitable container with cling film (about 6inch by 6 inch by 4 inch roughly will be good) and turn out the mix into the tin and push down to ensure no large bubbles in the mix.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, overnight is best but if your like me its all gone in a few hours.....

YUMMY!!!

Pm me if you need help with this.....

#2: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: BolerroLocation: Warshington (state) PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:36 pm
    —
Thanks LadyHawk, looks really good!!!

For those of us that can't get Golden Syrup, here is a suggestion on a subsitution.

A) 2 parts light corn syrup with 1 part molasses

or

B) Equal parts honey and light corn syrup

#3: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: Kortuse PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:22 pm
    —
oh good I was going to ask what golden syrup was. good to know and that looks like a great snack. thank you Ladyhawk for saving enough for a photo Smile

#4: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:48 pm
    —
er, 2 minutes after the photo was taken, there was nothing left.....
oh im sorry if you not sure what golden syrup is....its like runny honey and sugary....sorry guys.....

#5: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: wesleyLocation: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:51 pm
    —
mmm looks good.

#6: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: BolerroLocation: Warshington (state) PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:34 pm
    —
Np LadyHawk... here in the States its one of those things that's tough to get your hands on. But from what I have read, its slowly making its way over here.

#7: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:31 pm
    —
bump.....for those who missed it last time Smile

#8: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: R_OReillyLocation: Massachusetts, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 pm
    —
You can get it on Amazon Lyle's Golden Syrup

And a lot of larger supermarkets are carrying things like this in there specialty/international sections.  You could also try Whole Foods or other similar "natural" markets.  The internet is a wonderful thing... Smile

#9: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: TankMommaLocation: Near Boston PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:30 am
    —
Wow.  Very decadent.  Made it this weekend for the inlaws and they all liked it very much.

The Lyle's Golden Syrup was at my local Hannaford's supermarket, in the international Aisle.    Has a rather buttery  taste on top of the sweetness, I bet it would be great for making peanut brittle instead of using corn syrup.

Anyway - THANKS LadyHawk for sharing!

#10: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:25 pm
    —
bump

#11: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: Ness79auLocation: Tasmania, Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 am
    —
That recipe is great lady hawk,

We have golden syrup here too Smile
Not hard to get, there is a very similar product here called treacle.

I love looking at different things around the world, really opens my eyes up.

Oh by the way we call fridge cake, Rocky Road here, I love it Smile MMMMMMM

take care

#12: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: SinisterLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:23 am
    —
I should add a recipe or too Wink

#13: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:00 am
    —
bump.....
c'mon people  GET COOKING Smile

#14: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:03 am
    —

GOA.Luke*BK*

#15: Re: fridge cake recipe.....for my friends:) Author: TheReaperLocation: UK PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:30 am
    —
If I say pretty please would ya make me one and send it over  Twisted Evil

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1