Lag and Latency Fix
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: Lag and Latency Fix Author: AstroDadLocation: Long Island, NY PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:57 pm
    —
Just an FYI

Do you have lag while playing games?

Do you also own a Wii ?

Did you configure it to access your wi-fi network?

If so, unplug it from the power supply while playing your internet based games. See, the Wii access the internet while "powered off" and uses quite a bit of bandwidth. I first discovered this awhile back when I was having lag issues, turns out my wii was getting weather updates and emails from friends while the console was actually turned off. Ever notice the blue glowing light when you are not playing? That is the backend system going out to the internet for updates.

I unplugged mine while having the issue awhile back, and the latency dropped down to nothing. I recently had the same problem and assumed it was drivers etc. Turns out, wife was playing the Wii, plugged it in, and although she powered it off, it was doing the same thing. Unplugged it again, lag and latency is gone.

Coincidence? I think not.

Just an FYI

Bernard

#2: Re: Lag and Latency Fix Author: GUMPLocation: Martinsville, Indiana PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 am
    —
I kept lagging a bunch also kept losing connections. FINALLY realized my son was playing his Wii and messing me up...Well he's only to play the Wii when I'm off line..

#3: Re: Lag and Latency Fix Author: OrckLocation: South Carolina PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:38 am
    —
lol gump!

#4: Re: Lag and Latency Fix Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:03 am
    —
This also happens with the PS3.

GOA.Luke*BK*

#5: Re: Lag and Latency Fix Author: MlgaBeanLocation: Colorado Springs, CO - USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:42 am
    —
you can turn off the checking for updates and stuff while powerd off in your wii settings menu.

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1