Photographs and Critiques...
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Recreation Room

#1: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:39 pm
    —
I have noticed that there are a lot of people with talent here beyond just the gaming and for that reason I wanted to start this post so we can see some of the work that others have done. I have actually set up an account on Deviant Art for some of my things that I have started, but don't have much on there yet. My Page Here are two examples:

Last edited by J_Marley on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 pm
    —
ohhhhh nice...heres one of mine....

#3: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:26 pm
    —
Very cute Ladyhawk!

#4: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:12 pm
    —
just like your lil one m8....pair of crackers Smile

#5: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 am
    —
First chance to get the D3s out at nite tonite, down at the courthouse square.
ISO6400, 1/15, f7.1 coupled to a 24-70mm f2.8

#6: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:20 am
    —
One from yesterday in the studio, shooting 1958 Caddy. 1 of 800 made, unknown how many are still on the road.
So much chrome it was a challenge keeping myself out of the shots as usual.....I had to just jump in on this one and have some fun with it ; )

#7: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 am
    —
My granddaughter.........

#8: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:04 am
    —
Very nice! I have a few more up:

#9: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: FideauxLocation: Dallas, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:13 am
    —
I'll add some to the bunch with my New Canon D50 28-135MM, playing with the macro lense and buttons.

#10: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:18 am
    —
Good job!

#11: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: FideauxLocation: Dallas, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:18 am
    —
Thank you

#12: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:10 am
    —
Baument, looks like I don't have as cool of cars to shoot as you do, but here is what I had available:

#13: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: POMPEY-J PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:29 pm
    —
heres one of mine....

#14: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: POMPEY-J PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:30 pm
    —
not my car of course but the mrs wants 1 of these.....maybe when the kids are older Smile

#15: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:22 pm
    —
Great shots guys!

#16: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:41 pm
    —
I get to shoot WW2 reenactments now and again.......

#17: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:44 pm
    —
Lotsa deer in the midwest.........

#18: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:47 pm
    —
This guy was sitting in the middle of the road, trying to be a 'speed bump'.........

#19: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: SinisterLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:34 pm
    —
Love the WWII shot

#20: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: FideauxLocation: Dallas, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:56 pm
    —
Time to change from cars, I like landscapes.  So here are some others for viewing.

Fideaux

#21: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:10 pm
    —
Landscape good.....most relaxing genre to me.......

#22: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:11 pm
    —
Foxtails.....

#23: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:12 pm
    —
Mmmmmm, waterfalls..........

#24: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: FideauxLocation: Dallas, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:36 pm
    —
Trying to find some interesting ones.  Baument I am nothing close to your caliber, very nice.  Here are some others.  

Fideaux

#25: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: FideauxLocation: Dallas, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:38 pm
    —
Mountains

#26: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:46 pm
    —
Great shots Fideaux......and everyone else. The great thing is that people get up off their duffs and shoot.....that's sometimes the hardest part........

You have to look, to learn to see..............

#27: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: SinisterLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm
    —
That foxtails pic is awesome Baument, great light. Great atmosphere.
Smth from me.
A stranger in Venice:

A crab from Croatia Wink a bit blurry, but still:

#28: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:53 pm
    —
I tried to post some of my pics from "My Pictures" but don't understand how to get URL.

#29: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: SinisterLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:56 pm
    —

You first have to upload them to a website like photobucket.com

#30: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:58 pm
    —
Thanks Sinister

#31: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:22 pm
    —
Okay, don't really have any landscape ones at this point, but I do have some others:

First two are from my iPhone

And the Last from an older camera

#32: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:31 pm
    —
[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\My Pictures[/img]

#33: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 pm
    —
Well, that didn't work. I'm flying blind here.

#34: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: SinisterLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:38 pm
    —
Register to photobucket.com, upload the photo from your disk, get the direct url for the file and then put it in [img] [/img]

#35: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:39 pm
    —
Stevvy, do you have a Photobucket account? The img posting only works for URLs (online direct link images). You can post an attachment if you'd like by clicking on the REPLY link here. Will help further if you need.

#36: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:43 pm
    —
Great shots everyone.

GOA.Luke*BK*

#37: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:56 pm
    —
I have a photobucket account now. I will try again.[img]http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac238/STEVYY1948/?action=view&current=th101_0497.jpg&newest=1[/img]

#38: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:56 pm
    —
@#%$*&

#39: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 pm
    —

#40: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: SinisterLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:09 pm
    —
hmmm... when you run over the pic a box with links should show up beneath it ot just click the uploaded picture. Then copy the link from the direct url box and you paste it between [img] [/img]

#41: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:19 pm
    —
If you click on the pic in photobucket too there are pre-made links too, one of which is an IMG post. copy that and paste it to the forums here.

#42: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:21 pm
    —

#43: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: SinisterLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:26 pm
    —
Don't tell me it's yours Smile

#44: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: reddragnLocation: Osijek, Croatia PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:37 pm
    —

#45: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 pm
    —
Yup, my 56. Also my second love. Lot of work and a lot of $. Was a basket case when I got it.

#46: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: FideauxLocation: Dallas, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13 pm
    —
Well since the overseas guys have some interesting ones here are the blue water shots.

#47: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: STEVYYLocation: Madison Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:24 pm
    —
This was taken at Artist Point in Yellowstone National Park this spring

#48: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:48 am
    —
Part of today's shoot.....61 VW beetle. Featured product on this shoot was our Iron Cross wheels and low profile tires.

#49: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:40 am
    —
Wow, very cool Baument!

#50: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:41 pm
    —
Alright, figured I needed to get some more up here. Let me know what you think.

1. The table next to my balcony door in my room
2. My daughter after I told her she couldn't have anymore chocolate
3. Downtown in my city
4. One of the City street clocks

#51: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:16 pm
    —
All cool Marley, I like the perspective in #4 in particular.

#52: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 pm
    —
This is me getting ready to drive the P-51 Mustang.

#53: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:25 pm
    —
Another.

#54: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:49 am
    —
Drive? You mean you were going to fly that thing?

#55: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: blaze67 PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:25 am
    —
Nice photographs all, I'd thought I'd start sharing too!

My girls at Disney.

My son driving his first Corvette.

#56: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:45 am
    —
Nice R.Rifles....I've got some Mustang shots somewhere from a shoot I did....didn't get a ride though.......that's awesome.

Great lookin kids there finattic, best part of life aren't they !

If you guys are on my facebook, you've seen this link already, but if not, be sure to check out the Big Picture. Some of the best PJ work there is.....new pics every day or two......

The Big Picture

#57: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: DELETEDLocation: Thunder Bay, ON Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm
    —

J_Marley wrote (View Post):

Drive? You mean you were going to fly that thing?

Yes I did. Flew it full out doing a Cuban 8, Split S, Slow speed stall, Barrel Roll, Loop, upside down and pulled a 4.5G turn at 350knots.
........and yes it's the most thrilling thing I've ever done!!   Surprised

#58: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:27 pm
    —
Thought I would resurrect this post as we are getting pictures of members and wanted to see if you guys had other pictures besides yourselves (or more of yourselves) that you'd like to share. Got one here I took of my back deck:

[/URL]

#59: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:22 pm
    —
These were taken by my friend, who is an avid photographer.  

these bullets were recovered from a snowbank we were using as a berm.  gotta love .45

Some .30 cal bullets ready to be loaded. ----------^

Moly-coated bullets for my .204 ruger.

#60: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:56 pm
    —
Those are some pretty good macro shots there Braxis. Got anything that you did to put up? Maybe get one of the .204 ruger up here!  Wink

#61: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:44 pm
    —
Ok, I'll bite... the first one isn't done by me (because I'm in frame) but the other 2 are.

As an aside, I am really annoyed with photobucket resizing all these to teeny-tiny...  Razz

#62: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: WannaBLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:16 pm
    —
What is that braxis as 22?  Wink

#63: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 pm
    —
ahaha, no its a Thompson/Center Encore chambered in .204 ruger.  It's a varmint gun, designed to be able to hit woodchucks at 600 yards (i can put 5 shots in a quarter at 400 yards).

#64: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: WannaBLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:39 am
    —
ah ok, the bottem picture looked like 22 bullets lol A buddy of mine has a pistol that shoots them Razz

#65: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:55 am
    —
Crap, now you guys got me goin'...

my M1 Garand... such a photogenic weapon...

#66: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:59 pm
    —
I took this 1 today at the park.....
had to resize, but the quality was great for a lil camera!

#67: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:16 pm
    —
Aww, precious Ladyhawk!

#68: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:51 pm
    —
Nice day for high speed.......

#69: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: RifleDanLocation: Quebec, Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:23 am
    —
One word....
Delicious !

#70: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: Moosehead PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:58 pm
    —
My son at one of his goalie camps.

#71: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: Moosehead PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm
    —
My other son playing Lacrosse.

The rest of the pictures are here. Please feel free to critique them. I am just starting out and need to learn alot.

Photobucket lacrosse images

#72: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:33 pm
    —
Spring time in my backyard

#73: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: KillSh0t PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:45 pm
    —
Really cute kids and some pretty cool pix too :)

Heres a few of mine...

Daughter number 1 - Deziree Nikole

Daughter number 2 - Christiana Skye

#74: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: Am3ricaLocation: El Paso, Texas PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:32 pm
    —
Braxis my Father use to have about 4 or 5 of these he is now down to 1 but i think he bought another he loves them so much, havent got to shoot one yet tho we dont spend much time together but hopefully i'll be able to let you know how much i love the M1 to haha.

#75: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:02 am
    —
Morning Mist

#76: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:07 am
    —
10mp Canon PowerShot S90.

#77: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:49 pm
    —
Baument, awesome shot! and Tet, very nice too! I have a couple from the other day that I'll throw up here. Not nearly as good....

#78: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:32 am
    —
Second one looks very similar to some stuff I was messing around with the other night.

#79: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: FreyLocation: Denver, CO PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 am
    —
Ok..now y'all got me wanting to share a couple.  This one is from Hawaii.  This was a demonstration on how they used nets to fish.

#80: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: FreyLocation: Denver, CO PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:52 am
    —
Shot this one with a little sony digital point and shoot through our guide's spotting scope.  Can you see the lizard in the picture?

#81: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 am
    —
One shaft of light 20 yds into the woods and there was something light brown in it..........

#82: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:02 am
    —

Story of the shot on my blog at Bauments Blog

#83: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:51 am
    —

#84: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:52 pm
    —
Nice macro Marley, finger add scale, nicely done!

#85: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: Chief-USNLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:11 pm
    —
Looks great guys...

Here is some of my wife's work..IR and filters

http://jdudzinski.jalbum.net/Monochrome%20Landscapes/

#86: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 pm
    —
She have a modified camera body for IR Chief? I've thought about sending one of my older ones in to have the IR filter removed.......

#87: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: J_Marley PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:11 am
    —
Thanks Baument. Trying to actually get some photography stuff started, but I'm lacking a lot of the equipment things. Have a temporary place for my things until I get a website up. FreeStyle Studioz

And very nice Chief! What does the IR part do?

#88: Re: Photographs and Critiques... Author: KarowLocation: Taos Missouri PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:29 am
    —
Nice photos all.

Bad Karma -> Recreation Room

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1