Video Card Problems
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General

#1: Video Card Problems Author: AlmostLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:09 pm
    —
I havn't been able to play for the past week because my video card is going out.  It works fine during normal use but anytime I try to play a game CoD or any other my computer locked up.  I downloaded "Video Card Stability Test" and when my video card would get over 300fps it would crash.  Not to worry, I have a new one on the way.  It should arrive tomorrow, I hope.

#2: Re: Video Card Problems Author: WannaBLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:17 pm
    —
hmm fps shouldn't matter much; sounds like it might be a temperature problem :)

btw 300 fps? you must be running the program on bare minimum settings XD

Last edited by WannaB on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Video Card Problems Author: falcontxLocation: Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:44 am
    —
The program is designed to stress the card and give a benchmark result, could be a heat problem or card failure. Its  a great way to check a video card out.  Sounds if almost was correct to replace the card.

I have used similar Burn In programs on new builds,  to  make sure to the system is stable. I have let them run for a few hours, and man they can stress a system.

#4: Re: Video Card Problems Author: wesleyLocation: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 am
    —
You could throttle that puppy down and quit working it so hard with so much anti-aliasing and anistropic and high resolutions and other optional settings. You need not be faster than 90 fps anyway. It might not crash then. You might just uninstall the driver and reinstall directly from the website. It doesn't take but one byte to be corrupted and then nothing but troubles. Incidentally, I had a 260 go bad and the company replaced it. If it truly is a bad video card you can get it replaced via RMA. Most have a 5 year warranty.

#5: Re: Video Card Problems Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:45 am
    —
I would turn down your FPS most people do not get over 100 FPS and play the game just fine.

GOA.Luke*BK*

#6: Re: Video Card Problems Author: falcontxLocation: Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 am
    —
Guys unless i misread what he wrote, he is getting up to 300 fps in the stress test
when it crashes. My guess and I could be wrong the 300 is not fps but the benchmark number.

Which would be low for this program depending on the card

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1