Awesome
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: Awesome Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:46 pm
    —
The power supply on my secondary computer just exploded.  It smelled like ozone in here but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  I was sitting at the desk and heard a very loud pop and the other monitor went blank.  The case around the power supply area is hot to the touch and the power supply itself is burning hot to the touch.  First time this has ever happened to me.

#2: Re: Awesome Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:47 pm
    —
aww, that really sucks!  If you want, I happen to have a second PSU lying around somewhere, its a PC Power&Cooling 500W.  It doesn't support the new high-end Vid cards with the 8 pin connectors, tho.  I used it for about a year, then upgraded to support added hardware.  No known issues with it tho.

PM me if your interested.
SSG.Braxis*BK*

#3: Re: Awesome Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:43 pm
    —
I have adapters if needed.  I've got an 8800GT in that case.  I guess the older 450w cheapo power supply didn't like it.  How much do you want for it?  I was considering buying an Antec 500w for like 30 bucks.

#4: Re: Awesome Author: BraxisLocation: Connecticut, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:53 pm
    —
eh, I got a lot of good use out of it, so say $15 plus shipping and handling?

#5: Re: Awesome Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:58 am
    —
Figure out what the shipping is.  Paypal?

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1