bad advertising for MOH ???
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Other Games

#1: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:17 pm
    —
bad idea???
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100822/ttc-fox-urges-ban-on-taliban-video-game-e1d36ba.html

#2: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:33 pm
    —
Yeah thats what we call bad timing and or thought processes.

GOA.Luke*BK*

#3: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: WannaBLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:41 am
    —
Honestly i just think its funny. Its a game .... besides the players in the game don't even have British accents. They all sound American, i wonder why? ^_^

For what its worth i think ill be sticking to BC2, MOH is BC2 without destruction 2.0;

#4: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: PsisahLocation: Nashville, TN PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:43 am
    —
I don't see it as a big deal.  Russians kill Americans.  Americans kill Russians.  Germans kill Americans.  Americans kill Japanese.  Just a game, people are reading too much into it (too much political correctness these days if you ask me).  People are more easily offended these days then ever before.

As EA summed it up...

Quote:

"We give gamers the opportunity to play both sides. Most of us have been doing this since we were seven: someone plays the cop, someone must be robber.

"In Medal of Honor multiplayer, someone's got to be the Taliban."

#5: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: sniper PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:46 am
    —
and then there's the viewpoint of the men and women in uniform:  "so what?  its a game.  who cares?"  if the servicemen who either have been or may go to afghanistan see nothing wrong with it, why do other people?

#6: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: PsisahLocation: Nashville, TN PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:49 am
    —
Well I wasn't in Afghanistan but I was in the Navy.  I don't get bent out of shape by playing sub games and blowing up American sailors.

It would be different if the game glorified it and was one of those shock indi games (like the JFK sniper one or some of the Kill a Jihadist ones).   Then I could see it as being offensive.

#7: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: ArticAntLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:49 am
    —
Cops and robbers, cowboys and indians. Great analogy.

AA

#8: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: Am3ricaLocation: El Paso, Texas PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:06 am
    —
like i say it always takes two to tango.

#9: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: PIE168Location: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:19 am
    —
"Dr Fox said he was "disgusted" that Medal of Honor allowed people to recreate attacks on Nato forces."

What about call of duty? Should we be "Disgusted" from the battles we recreate?  Confused

#10: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: Cmedic89 PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:57 am
    —
I haven't been sent over the giant pond yet (Army National Guard Medic) but even then I don't for see myself ever having a problem with this, as stated before one must be the good guy and one must be the bad guy. In the end all it really comes down to is one set of different looking pixels killing another set of different looking pixels! I mean, for goodness sakes we are talking about computer programed images! My dad is an ex-marine and you don't see him getting bent out of shape playing Japanese killing other marines. However, now I'm just beating a dead horse...

Personally I'm all for it! I want to see a game based on current conflicts! It's something new, I'm kinda tired of the past conflict war games.

#11: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:56 am
    —
I think the only reason they find this game a problem is because its recreating current warfare......I personally think thats why, not really the acting as a side part but because this war hasnt finished yet so its all still a little sore of a subject for some people

#12: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: BolerroLocation: Warshington (state) PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:06 pm
    —
The only problem I see is pretty much the same thing that Ladyhawk said. Using current events was a bad choice by the programmers. The wounds are too fresh so to speak. People haven't had time to grieve for losses and accept that the conflict is over (which in this case, it is still not over).

Using past events or creating fictional future events should be the way it should have been done IMO.

#13: Re: bad advertising for MOH ??? Author: MubbleLocation: Florida City, FL PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:28 pm
    —
In my humble opinion - Mr. Fox really needs to chill a bit!

Bad Karma -> Other Games

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1